Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mistyy thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
wow..nice work, 👏 good to know 😃
Originally posted by: amy22

It's not about the family... if it was a poor Muslim family, Quiad-e-Azam would've probably accepted it. His problem was the religion.

If you study Islam in depth, then you'll know why Quiad-e-Azam disowned her.. and why he didn't want his DAUGHTER to marry a Non-Muslim.

I don't want this to become a religious preaching thread but my objection was to the member writing really harsh comment. It is not about superiority of any religion whether Islam or Parsee.

Read the red highlighted part in my post.

Why is it Ok for Jinnah to marry a Parsee by actually converting her to Islam and not ok if his daughter marries someone from another religion? Jinnah could have married a Muslim woman too instead of converting a Parsee. Rattan's family disowned her for marrying Jinnah and then he did the same to his daughter. It is sad. His daughter has the right to choose too just like he did.

Originally posted by: ms_naughty_devi

For me,the people who disobey their parents don't go as far as people who do obey their parents go.That's just my opinion though.

Oh ok. I understand your view. My take was both father and daughter did the same thing. Dina's mother was disowned from her family for marrying a Muslim and Jinnah disowned his daughter for marrying Parsee. So your comments is applicable to both.

That is why it is better to not bring religion and such to these kind of discussions because it might turn not so good.

Originally posted by: amy22

I read a similar post some time ago... anyways, Thanks for researching and sharing.

I like Preity Zinta and I really dun care who Ness marries or who Preity marries. But if I think about Quiad-e-Azam I feel it's a shame that his next generations are gonna marry gane bajane wali women. I really dun mean to discriminate Preity cuz I really like her... she's very adorable but the nature of her work stays the same. Quiad-e-Azam who founded a country... this a literary person... he was known cuz of his knowledge, his personality, his hardwork and dedication towards his aims... and this person's great grandson marries an actress who goes on kissing guys on screen. What a shame!

But what's the connection? Dina was disowned and from there whatever they have achieved is from her husband's family. Everything is Wadia's money and fame and it has nothing to do with Jinnah so what is there to be shamed about?

They are Indians and they are known as Wadias and are powerful Parsee business family. Maureen Wadia is the one who conducts Gladrags model hunt and Miss India contest and all. The women are all socialites and associated with entertainment.

I don't think this thread is going in the right direction.

Edited by Maya_M - 16 years ago
preity*zinta thumbnail

As Maya has said earlier this post doesn't seem to be going in the right direction.

Topic Closed.