Debate Mansion

Did Armstrong really land on the Moon ? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 5

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

swordfishh

IF-Dazzler

swordfishh

Posted: 19 December 2007 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ritika2025

MY Only question wud be why havent USA or for that matter any other country gone back to Moon in these 36 yrs...
And Ofcourse the 2 second TIME DELAY that shud have been in the answers....

That is THE biggest question... Wink If u've done it once, you wouldnt be scared to do it again... If u've faked the first one, u'd b scared of being exposed the second time... Wouldnt u??

Btw... I just read wiki's explanation to the fluttering flag...Aboout it swinging like a pendulum due to inertia LOLLOLLOL and the wrinkles giving it a fluttering effect... LOLLOL ......

Worst of all.... They took such a carelessly folded National Flag to the MOON??? That too one tht was full of creases..!! Ouch ConfusedConfusedConfused

The explanation to the ionising radiation made sense... And maybe the camera thing too... ( Dont knw much abt photographyEmbarrassed)

But no explanation was provided for the apsersions cast on the moon walk dynamics and the height of the highest recorded moon jump.... Nor was any explanation given why there has been no second moon mission... Actually all those accusations that COULDNT be rebutted were conveniently excluded from the article... ConfusedConfused

Edited by swordfishh - 19 December 2007 at 11:49am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Did Armstrong really land on the Moon ? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 19 December 2007 at 11:51am | IP Logged
More interesting info :

http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/

and

http://www.braeunig.us/space/hoax.htm

Would again suggest to contact Mr. Armstrong and get him drunk... LOL LOL. BTW - Interesting to read theories ppl came up with. Big smile

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 19 December 2007 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
I have to admit that the moon landing hoax theory is an intriguing one and some of the arguments really hold water. The charge is extreme and mostly I think the moon landing is true. However, the desperate space race of the cold war, the lack of moon expedition for so long and the lack of interest in the moon after the end of the cold war makes me feel - it was not that beyond USA to do something drastic to showdown the soviet union and I they would take any opportunity to showdown soviet and soviet satellite nations even today.

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 19 December 2007 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by swordfishh

There have been scientists who have been rebutting the conspiracy theory trying to provide scientific explanations to rubbish these allegations...

What do u personally think...?? And why?? (Any Scientific explanation from ur side..??)

I don't think it was a hoax. Even if it were and they lied about moon landing, no harm was done or no great discoveries were claimed to have been made from the mission. I think these conspiracy theorists are just bunch of people who are mad at having spent their money buying Apollo souveniers. LOL

Ritika2025

Goldie

Ritika2025

Posted: 19 December 2007 at 10:28pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Maya_M

Leaving all the conspiracy theories, my doubts are:

1. How can the flag flutter if there is no atmosphere? But if the explanation is that the flag was crinkled then my question is why is the flag not drooping in the absence of atmosphere?

2. If Neil Armstrong was the first man on Moon then who took this picture? He is facing the front.

3. Why haven't we gone back to Moon in 38 years?

..When I first read The hoax theory...Even i was doubting the NASA mission..Bt most of alleagations have half cooked knowledge of space missions and and astrophysics... (exept for The time delay one)

Maya

The flag was not supported by one Pole, But a rod that held it horizontally also.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:AldrinFlag2a.jpeg  See this link,....You will get it...

Also for who took the picture...The E T missions are planned this way only to capture the historical moment..as an arm attached to the lander that was deployed just before Neil Armstrong opened the hatch.  This arm had a television and a still camera mounted to it.

Swordfish

They did not take a wrinked flag..Bt you are obviously gonna fold it on the moontrip so it takes less space..and In the time you reach from here to moon ( many days) It will show signs of fold...Also The upper rod did not straigten completely (as is visible in the pic) so the flag did not straighten out completely, giving a fluttering appearance...The astronauts let it be because they liked the effect..

And yeah Have you seen the google videos of The landing..They arent very gud quality Bt you can see very well that the flag was not fluttering...

P.s. what moon dyanamics were You talking about?????

P.p.s This is the link I was talking about..Thoug its a review on the documentary that featured the Hoax theory..The guy has explained most meachanical phenomena with very easy examples and illustrations..Also photographs...Do read it...This is an explanation without technical terminolgy that everyone can understand..

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Read from the stars not seen argument onwards

Edited by Ritika2025 - 20 December 2007 at 4:55am

Ritika2025

Goldie

Ritika2025

Posted: 19 December 2007 at 10:52pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

I have to admit that the moon landing hoax theory is an intriguing one and some of the arguments really hold water. The charge is extreme and mostly I think the moon landing is true. However, the desperate space race of the cold war, the lack of moon expedition for so long and the lack of interest in the moon after the end of the cold war makes me feel - it was not that beyond USA to do something drastic to showdown the soviet union and I they would take any opportunity to showdown soviet and soviet satellite nations even today.

Yep I agree....That is a damn interesting theory....Actually most conspiracy theories are....

Oh and by the way, I am not at all suggesting that NASA moon Landing was real..So far i am neutral, taking note of both sides ...

Bt most of Hoax believer;sa arguments are falliable..... (yeah Except The time delay one..Bt even that can be attributed to editing on part of TV channels to decrease the length)

As for No Manned moon mission so far...Note that ..Its nto like Moon missions have stopped.But there has not been Any MANNED MOON MISSION again...many reasons can be attributed to it..
1. It is very expensive and Dangerous, More than unmanned missions..

2. Increased use of Robots..Which is safe, more efficient, less risky..And these Robots can be left there for a longer time..

3. Why wud NASA send a man on moon again just for the heck of it..Supposing that they have already done it once then they have already created History...

4. Most other Countries dont have the technical abitlty to do that..

5. Permanent/temporary lunar probes that are much more cost effective like Challenger, Clementine etc have replaced moon missions  by NASA

6. It has explored moon and is much more interested in probing Mars, Jupiter (yeah galileo probe launched in 1989 to explore Venus, Jupiter...And on its way a lil bit of moon, some comets and also It is the only one to have a  view of COmet shoemaker Levy)

Ritika2025

Goldie

Ritika2025

Posted: 19 December 2007 at 11:40pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by raj5000

More interesting info :

http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/

and

http://www.braeunig.us/space/hoax.htm

Would again suggest to contact Mr. Armstrong and get him drunk... LOL LOL.

LEts do that....Or Try VEritaserum on him..Does Anyone here know how to brew it..???LOLLOL

BTW - Interesting to read theories ppl came up with. Big smile

Pretty interesting Links..I specially liked the second one...Everything has been explained nicely though in pretty much technical terms...

Whether or not The moon landing is fake...One thing is for sure...They had a gud Dialogue writer...the line "A small step for man, a giant leap for mankind"
is sucha Motivating one..

Makes me wanna go to Mars or Jupiter..LOL

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 19 December 2007 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
These theories are so confusing.. Confused LOL .... last'wo Moon hi nahe hey',bolega kyaa Tongue Wink Tongue I read somewere that Moon is better than sun...cos Moon give light when we needed Tongue Wink Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top