Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

Anuradha

IF-Veteran Member

Anuradha

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 17 December 2007 at 11:54am | IP Logged
To err is Human Embarrassed No man can be perfect.. I agree with you that we have to make it more safer.. But think it this way - it may have happened that the nurse has used the needles for a patient and kept it aside to throw it away, but she might hv got an emergency to go away.. The other nurse comes uses the same needle thinking she had to inject it on the patient.. Now this is clear mis-understanding.. But yes, there should be lot of safety measures carried out.. The one that is under existence is not sufficient, atleast in India..

Regarding punishment, well the docs always give vague reasons to rescue themselves.. Thr was a soap called 'ek ladki anjaani si" whr a girl of 18 yrs old was wrongly injected for artificial insemination and later when realized, the docs got saved..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mistakes in Medical Profession (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

swordfishh

IF-Dazzler

swordfishh

Posted: 17 December 2007 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Answer to Raj's second question...

NO NO NO NO NO
Because....
a) I refuse to be a Guinea Pig... Hats off to those who agree to.... But I wont..

b) I simply dont have the guts to let people experiment on me... I love life.. Embarrassed Embarrassed

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 17 December 2007 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by raj5000

Doctors or professionals in health care, have no scope of committing a mistake when it comes to life & death. Right?

1. Ultimately they too are humans and into a profession, is it fair that in this profession mistakes should be subjected to max punishment?

Another related question, ignore at will: 2. for making the health care safer there are initiatives required by common masses, for example participating in new drugs testing program and research, would you agree to be participate in such programs? Yes/No and Y?

No punishment should be measurable to the extent of crime...

Yes.. I believe in such things.as being a guniea pig.. doctors making mistake is nothing to do with it... just cause you can be run over by a car.. we dont stop using  teh road...

I agree with qwert. 
will just add one thing to his first point.  Doctor's intention and number of incidences MUST be taken into consideration Smile.  Evil in uniform deserves harsh punishment. 
Scientists are in charge of clinical trials.  As long as they don't lie to their potential guinne pigs, I see nothing wrong in it.  Ailment / accident can get one at any time.. why not try to make oneself useful?   
I feel sad for those who get targetted and are vulnerable for some drug trials / ovum donation just becos they're poor..   But life is not supposed to be fair.. There are several incidents more unfair than that..

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 17 December 2007 at 5:25pm | IP Logged

Doctors or professionals in health care, have no scope of committing a mistake when it comes to life & death. Right?

1. Ultimately they too are humans and into a profession, is it fair that in this profession mistakes should be subjected to max punishment?

Another related question, ignore at will: 2. for making the health care safer there are initiatives required by common masses, for example participating in new drugs testing program and research, would you agree to be participate in such programs? Yes/No and Y?

Yes.. I believe in such things.as being a guniea pig.. doctors making mistake is nothing to do with it... just cause you can be run over by a car.. we dont stop using  teh road...

Crime Confused no matter what all mistakes are punishable then, correct?

It's not just the question of doctor making mistake, its about making the health care safer, overall.

I think you are misxing mistakes with negligence... Negligence is punishable by law and is glaringly visible ( right kidney removed instead of left) and invisible (Oh I left the scalpel inside the patiens..LOL. Mistakes on the other hand are smaller and less impacting and nature...Oh.. I prescibed the medecine but fogot to ask about allergies.. Now though this is largely imapacting you shouldnt nail the doctor... antidotes can be given instantly..etc.

Wah wah .... kitni aasaani sey palti and introduction of new comer 'Negligence' LOLLOL  Negligent mistakes are punishable and non negligent mistakes can be human errs...umm okConfused. Jara original question par phir sey gor pharmaye "Doctors or professionals in health care, have no scope of committing a mistake when it comes to life & death. Right? "  Life and Death impacting are not smaller or less in nature...

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 17 December 2007 at 5:52pm | IP Logged

It's not just the question of doctor making mistake, its about making the health care safer, overall.

I think you are misxing mistakes with negligence... Negligence is punishable by law and is glaringly visible ( right kidney removed instead of left) and invisible (Oh I left the scalpel inside the patiens..LOL. Mistakes on the other hand are smaller and less impacting and nature...Oh.. I prescibed the medecine but fogot to ask about allergies.. Now though this is largely imapacting you shouldnt nail the doctor... antidotes can be given instantly..etc.

Wah wah .... kitni aasaani sey palti and introduction of new comer 'Negligence' LOLLOL  Negligent mistakes are punishable and non negligent mistakes can be human errs...umm okConfused. Jara original question par phir sey gor pharmaye "Doctors or professionals in health care, have no scope of committing a mistake when it comes to life & death. Right? "  Life and Death impacting are not smaller or less in nature...

Sure every neurologists take a patient to the OT with only 50 % chance in case of head injury..and there is ample place to make mistakes...making patient paraplegic to other disorders.... nobody would blame him for mistakes in that case - your life and death scenario... ok...no law or medical association can nail them in any possible way which is why the hippocrates oath is in place to make the doctor answerable to their conscience... ok.same holds true for by-pass surgery, meningitis, alll that what u call life threatening...Smile..now did you get what I said earlier....!!!????? Smile..

Edited by qwertyesque - 17 December 2007 at 5:56pm

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 17 December 2007 at 8:13pm | IP Logged

Sure every neurologists take a patient to the OT with only 50 % chance in case of head injury..and there is ample place to make mistakes...making patient paraplegic to other disorders.... nobody would blame him for mistakes in that case - your life and death scenario... ok...no law or medical association can nail them in any possible way which is why the hippocrates oath is in place to make the doctor answerable to their conscience... ok.same holds true for by-pass surgery, meningitis, alll that what u call life threatening...Smile..now did you get what I said earlier....!!!????? Smile..

I hear yaa, thats the whole point...w/o complicating terms since any attorney can simply turn negligence to mistake and vice versa....in simple terms and most humble way... if a physicians commit mistake that can be considered by most as geninue human err, wats the take.Smile Appreciate responses here.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 17 December 2007 at 8:40pm | IP Logged

I hear yaa, thats the whole point...w/o complicating terms since any attorney can simply turn negligence to mistake and vice versa....in simple terms and most humble way... if a physicians commit mistake that can be considered by most as geninue human err, wats the take.Smile Appreciate responses here.

No you cant mistake nelgigence for mistakes but you can argue about that for yearsLOL..you cant debate any mistakes by doctors... apni gardan unke haath mey di hai toh bhugtoh.. whatever u do u are the losing end of the duel....Smile

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 17 December 2007 at 9:09pm | IP Logged

No you cant mistake nelgigence for mistakes but you can argue about that for yearsLOL..you cant debate any mistakes by doctors... apni gardan unke haath mey di hai toh bhugtoh.. whatever u do u are the losing end of the duel....Smile

One can prove neligence as a mistake and mistake as in neligence depending, which side you are, ok there might be few hard incidents but in general for eg. a doctor diagonising 4th patient of a day with malaria without confirming as his symptons matched the previous 3 proved cases.... (malariya is in syndrome) is neligence...also a heart patient continously complaining pain in nights ..doctor in order to catch on time train says..its normal ... some thing bad happens shear negligence...Vs a doctor writing a precribtion of Antibiotic /B casule to a patient suffering from flu, thats his 30th same prescribtion of the day and it happened sub consiously...he agrees was wrong... In both cases hire a proffy attorney can argue on both side...but why to bring attorney when am simply saying again mistake is mere human err... out of 100...99 will do and understand why is it hard to come to a verdict. Tongue  next step  is to sppoint Munna bhai as our Primary Physician LOLLOL kiddin

Post Reply New Post

Go to top