what if snape had lived....? - Page 2

Posted: 16 years ago
yes LL i agree with u
when snape was dying he thought of telling all the memories
if he was alive he wud hv given that bit only which dumbledore told him to
but then harry may not have believed him i guess
i was trying to look at different angle to know if snape lived wud things have been different
and despite what u all say something cud hv been different i guess as snape was on same side as harry and dumbledore

in killing snape finally jkr revealed the secret of his loyalty to dumbledore otherwise this wud not have come out at all
Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

well said but As I said earlier..do u really think Snape wud have told Harry abt his love for Lily if he had had another option..he had given harry his memories coz he was helpless at that time..he was dying , he cudnt at all speak and there was no way but tell him what shud be done thru his memories...
but even then, I wud think that even if Harry didnt know abt his love for Lily, he wud have respected Snape ore from then on...though I doubt if there will be any change in Snape's feelings to Harry(N he cant be blames coz he had some reasons whch were too rooted into his mind...) N he isnt ever forgiving as a DD Na?!πŸ˜†

Chances are he wouldn't have revealed his connection with Lily, had he lived. However, the memories he would give Harry to show that Dumbledore indeed trusted him and that it was Dumbledore himself who asked for his own death by Snapes hand would raise quite a few questions as to why that is; which, I think, is also something all of us have wondered while reading the books. What is it that compelled Dumbledore to trust Snape so much? Perhaps Snape's death was JK's way of keeping the book from being larger then the average dictionary. *shrugs* Much faster way of answering this question.
Because you know, Harry, being the nosy individual that he is, would've eventually found out sooner or later, one way or another.

Though, that would've probably been a nicer epilogue then what we were bestowed with and we would've had a live Snape who would continue to terrorize future bright eyed, longing to learn firsties and most other students residing. *sighs* if only…

Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

I respect ur views Jane but it does seem the both of us have few contrasting Ideas...
Voldemort was right in one point that u mentioned..."He desired her..."
but desire doesnt necessarily mean it was an Obsession...If anyone was obsessed with anything in HP--That is Voldy Mouldy who was obsesed with himself... [/quote]
There are various forms of love. Snape's love for Lily was much more …intense then what one would normally have. I'm not saying he didn't love her, I'm just saying that obsession would probably be a better term to describe  Snape's feelings for Lily

wow jane u got an amazing theory of ur own

wonderful way to put it

i agree with u also and with LL too

but if u see the whole story it was becoz snape heard half the prophecy and told voldy

so in a way he was also responsible for potter's death

no wonder harry went mad when he found that out in book 6th
but snape still continued to protect harry becoz of guilt i guess rather than love

i also found it weird goin into someone bedroom and tearing up that bit
but i guess thats one kind of love where u dont let go of the person u love and u hold on to the memories

still i wud say if snape had lived there cud hv been something different not totally but something different yes

but by killing snape jkr finished the era which began with power egos and jealousy and all that

snape wud hv died any way
finally i still feel snape had a powerful character in the entire series

more than harry or voldy or dumbledore

what u say
Originally posted by chatterbox

yes LL i agree with u
when snape was dying he thought of telling all the memories
if he was alive he wud hv given that bit only which dumbledore told him to
but then harry may not have believed him i guess
i was trying to look at different angle to know if snape lived wud things have been different
and despite what u all say something cud hv been different i guess as snape was on same side as harry and dumbledore

in killing snape finally jkr revealed the secret of his loyalty to dumbledore otherwise this wud not have come out at all

oh no..Harry will believe him..all he has to do is say "Expecto Patronum"..The Silver Doe will prove it...πŸ˜‰
yeah Snape had to die...i had expected that..but wsh he had a bit more say in his death..it was pathetic for such a character like Snape--so brave and courageous..he died terribly!😭😭

as Jane sad..Snape and Harry were on the same side..Harry wud have acknowledged that..thats all..n Harry wud have really started respecting him and uynderstanding him..But as far as Snape is concerned...I doubt if here will be any change in his attitude..say lets just think that Harry understood the truth and Snape didnt die..Then as far as I have understood Snape's character..he just will ignore this fact that Harry knows and will not acknowledge him..he will remain as Indifferent as ever..this makes Snape such a unique Creation actually...πŸ˜‰
Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago
Originally posted by *Jane*

Because you know, Harry, being the nosy individual that he is, would've eventually found out sooner or later, one way or another.

Hem Hem! I remember I was going thru sum HP site..N u know one discussion was abt JK Rowling's revelation that Dumbledore is Gay...and one person who was discussing the topic was saying "Had Harry been told sumthing like this in the book..he woudl have begun a quest to find the truth!"πŸ˜‰

but if u see the whole story it was becoz snape heard half the prophecy and told voldy

so in a way he was also responsible for potter's death

no wonder harry went mad when he found that out in book 6th
but snape still continued to protect harry becoz of guilt i guess rather than love

Yes indeed..which was what I said b4 that Snape's feeling of personal responsibilty for Lily's death was one of the deciding factors of the Choice he made in Dumbledore's Office that day after Lily's death...But I completely disagree with ur point that Snape protected Harry coz of guilt....thats disgracing our Prince! How can u yaar??? Snape was indeed guilty of it..But remember he is more or less as guilty of Lily and Jame's death as Sirius Black is..Sirius was the one who adviced Lily N James to sawp Secret kEEPER to QWormtail..he did it with good heart and for the ebst..But unintentioanlly that lead to Wormtail knowing their location n gibing them away..so isnt he almost as unintentionally reponsible as Snape??! Coz Snape never knew who the Prophecy Concerned..he did it with no good intention but had it concerned Lily in any way..he wudnt have given such an information to Voldemort that has all the prababilities of threatenning Lily's life...(dun tell me if he knew, he wud have even then told Voldy abt it and made a deal...Bcoz Jane herself said once...that one shud contemplete on the imagination of the author but at the same time..not go forwards to make stupid guesses....one of the achievements of HP is that inspite of being a wacko story, it was never silly or stupid)
He wasnt Protecting Harry coz of Guilt..His Guilt , shame added to his Love together lead him to make that decisive Choice to protect the son of the woman he loved and thats why he did it...

i also found it weird goin into someone bedroom and tearing up that bit
but i guess thats one kind of love where u dont let go of the person u love and u hold on to the memories

still i wud say if snape had lived there cud hv been something different not totally but something different yes

but by killing snape jkr finished the era which began with power egos and jealousy and all that

snape wud hv died any way
finally i still feel snape had a powerful character in the entire series

more than harry or voldy or dumbledore

what u say

N U call it wierd..whats WIERD anyway?? He went to Grimmauld Place to search the place to make sure that no clues of the OOTP are left behind...
an while he was searching, he found a letter of Lily's n obviously he tore the letter and took the latter half which had her "LOVE" (It was signed "Love, Lily")πŸ˜‰ whats wierd..he loved her and she never did and now he took sumthing hat had her love..I dun find it out of character at all..It was he least wierd thing he did!πŸ˜†
as for clutching on to those memories..they wre, allow me to say, kind of a lifeline for this man..he lived after Lily died only to make sure that she didnt die in vain..his love compelled him to do so..he lived for Lily and dwelled on those memories...recall his own words in The Prince's Tale.."I wish I were Dead..."
he didnt live for greed or love of life..but love for memories of a late woman...πŸ˜‰

By killing Snape, she gave us the oppurtunity of Character Study...Snape wasnt a mean person..his life indeed began with egos, wanting of power..But he had a good heart..he chose the way his heart indicated over what his brain indicated at the time when that decision decided the course and consequence of his life...
Snape was a man who changed from wrong ways...committing wrongs is human, to correct them and to follow the path of redemption, it takes lots of guts..

I cant say I think Snape to be a stronger character than Dumbledore..for I believe that a man who even at the face of hs own death cann smile and manipulate the plot, the man who has to scarifice so much but yet pretend to have no worries..to keep cool at all times and paste a huge and reassuring smile on his face all the time, and at the same time to live with grief at a terrible wrong u did that took a toll of ur sister's life, n led to his Brother's unforgiving hatred...and to redeem the wrong u did..it takes much much more guts...Snape at leas had the relief of showing out his anger and frustration thru his irritating indifference...πŸ˜‰

wow LL and jane

what wonderful answers

πŸ‘

i think u both gave equally great answers and views from both point of view

and u both answerd the doubt which i was having

i never thought of it that way

wonderful i knew i wud get my answers here and at first i wondered if this section is still on as all must have read deathly hallows by now

but i accept ur views both of u

hats off girls u explained very well

ok there is nt any hats off icon here so wud clap again

πŸ‘

wow LL and jane

what wonderful answers

πŸ‘

i think u both gave equally great answers and views from both point of view

and u both answerd the doubt which i was having

i never thought of it that way

wonderful i knew i wud get my answers here and at first i wondered if this section is still on as all must have read deathly hallows by now

but i accept ur views both of u

hats off girls u explained very well

ok there is nt any hats off icon here so wud clap again

πŸ‘

Lolz Cheers Yar!! But U know...its not abt really "explaining"...not at least in my case..Its the art of Bragging!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†