Page 2 Page 5

chatterbox

IF-Sizzlerz

chatterbox

Posted: 12 December 2007 at 3:34am | IP Logged

hello all

the last of harry potter book was out and i think all read it

but still cant get over it isnt it

i was reading all the books again from the beginning and kept coming back to the character of snape

from beginning only snape hated harry yet it showed in the end he was protecting lily's son

snape hated james and never loved harry either but he did all for love of lily

i wonder at this point since harry lost his parents early then sirius then dumbledore and last lupin not to forget wormtail also who was one of the marauders

harry has had love only from weasleys apart from sirius lupin and dumbledore

what if snape had lived cud it have been possible for harry and snape to forget past and be there for each other?

cud it have been possible for snape to love him like his own child?

i know sounds weird but jkr in her story killed all the older ppl connected to story and started a new beginning with harry ron hermoine and draco

sort of sequel

but here its the story of snape

what if he had lived how do u think the story wud hv moved?

lets hear ur views

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "what if snape had lived....?" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sumera siddiqui

Goldie

sumera siddiqui

Posted: 12 December 2007 at 6:08am | IP Logged
I think he would have been same,it will not make a difference.
I'm sure Harry would have treated him nicrly,but not at all sure for Snape. Wink

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 12 December 2007 at 6:34am | IP Logged
^^nothing to be sure of Sumera...
We knew SeV!!!
He has been thru too much...N his hart has becum too kinda "stoned" and he just cannot Love Harry no matter what...he loved Lily..
I think he never really "Hated" Harry..I have said it time n again..N repeat...I thinlk he disliked him for being that "Potter's Son"...he reminded Snape if his own loss...He reminded him so much of James whom he hated...But there still was no overlooking that Harry was Lily's son..He cudnt really HATE him na? He was tad disappointed that Lily's son turned out to be such a idiot fellow(according to him) LOL ...he just told himself he hated Harry...that he was that sick Potter's son...!
N none of it cud have changed really..
But maily, if Snape had lived..He wud NEVER have told anyone(Harry the least) the truth..I mean the intention of his act of this kinda 'brave saviour'! LOL

PS: But I do wish he had had a better death..it was soo disappointing n terrible for such a brave man...Cry

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 12 December 2007 at 6:36am

*Jane*

*Jane*

Posted: 12 December 2007 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
Hmmm, That's an interesting question and as much as I would love for Harry and Severus to get past their differences and become friends, looking at it canon wise - it's probably not possible. Perhaps a truce wouldn't be too out there and Harry being the inquisitive brat that he is might try to get some answers (gets them on a talking basis, whether civilly is a different matter). I'd hardly think, though, that they'd be friends or even expect Snape to act as a surrogate dad to Harry. Harry's grown and has been through too much without one that he doesn't necessarily need a dad anymore, not to mention he has lost enough surrogate dads (Sirius and Remus) and his birth father (James) as it is. I don't think he'd be willing to dub another person as such. On top of that Snape never hit me as the sentimental type. His feelings for Lily, IMO, were more of obsession then love. As Voldermort said "he desired her" but IMO he didn't necessarily love Lily even though that's what Harry seems to have gotten out of the memories. Plus he hated James, and the stubborn child in Snape would probably never let go of the grudge he holds against him.

So had Snape lived, the extent of his and Harry's relationship would've been of comrades on the same side of the war against Voldermort and nothing more, IMHO.

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 12 December 2007 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Jane*

On top of that Snape never hit me as the sentimental type. His feelings for Lily, IMO, were more of obsession then love. As Voldermort said "he desired her" but IMO he didn't necessarily love Lily even though that's what Harry seems to have gotten out of the memories. Plus he hated James, and the stubborn child in Snape would probably never let go of the grudge he holds against him.

I respect ur views Jane but it does seem the both of us have few contrasting Ideas...Wink
Voldemort was right in one point that u mentioned..."He desired her..."
but desire doesnt necessarily mean it was an Obsession...If anyone was obsessed with anything in HP--That is Voldy Mouldy who was obsesed with himself...
Snape on the other Hand, didnt fall in madly obsessed with Lily...He was kinda madly in love..
why I say this is coz...Obsession doesnt have the perseverence, Purity and strength of true Love..Obsession is Imapatient, is selfish, is kind of a insanity...
Snape was not insane..he was as sane or perhaps more than all the other HP charactersLOL
N If he obsessed Lily, then he wud have gona mad at her going off with that SICK Potter, he wud have hated everything abt er..Bcoz Obsession is merely a progressed stage of Infatuation...
I believe Snape's feeling for Lily was very well interpreted By Harry thru the memories...Which is why the beginning part(The childhood part) of their relation is very important...Snape in his youth, never had anyone to love..he so conspicuously lacked the air of being loved and cared for..and it was at that time that he first saw Lily..Haila "Love at first sight"..It wasnt love at first sight but something in her must have attracted him..fine..But after that , they became FRIENDS..BEST FRIENDS...N Recall Lily's question abt his Family n all..for the first time, Severus had actually found someone who cares for him...who seemed to LIKE HIM...N that surprise welcome feeling was embraced wholeheartedly by him and he preogressed thru the path of loving her...N even after she abandoned him (for all the right reasons, in all fairness to Lily), He continued loving and Caring for her...He didnt start kinda hating her for leaving him, for going with James..he still loved her--he didnt get surly though he hated James and I dun see why he shudnt hate him...

One may call it kinda "MAD LOVE" Coz DD says when Snape asks him to Protect Lily that "You dont care what happens to her husband and child as long as u have what u wish"--Not the exact line but more or less I think I got the meaning right...so He indeed 'desired' her even then...But after her death..there stops his "Desire"...N there surfaces the true love that was in his heart for her...and I guess to a large extend, his feeling of personal responsibility for her death, made his position no easier...

n then, he lived only to protect the son of the woman whom he loved with all his heart (the only woman he loved in fact), the only person who showed concern and friendship for him when he lacked it all very much...the woman who died to preotect her son...Snape loved her so much that he didnt want her to die in vain..
I believ his love was he reason Voldemort never was able to rea;l;y interpret his true allegiance..coz among the things Voldemort doenst understand are Love, selflessness and friendship among many others...I suspect Snape's love gave him the strength to close his mind to the entire world...

PS: Agree 1000001% with u abt Snape not beign a "sentimental kindof Guy!"Smile

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 12 December 2007 at 9:53pm

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 12 December 2007 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Jane*

So had Snape lived, the extent of his and Harry's relationship would've been of comrades on the same side of the war against Voldermort and nothing more, IMHO.

well said but As I said earlier..do u really think Snape wud have told Harry abt his love for Lily if he had had another option..he had given harry his memories coz he was helpless at that time..he was dying , he cudnt at all speak and there was no way but tell him what shud be done thru his memories...
but even then, I wud think that even if Harry didnt know abt his love for Lily, he wud have respected Snape ore from then on...though I doubt if there will be any change in Snape's feelings to Harry(N he cant be blames coz he had some reasons whch were too rooted into his mind...) N he isnt ever forgiving as a DD Na?!LOL

chatterbox

IF-Sizzlerz

chatterbox

Posted: 12 December 2007 at 9:50pm | IP Logged

hmm nice ans all  3 of u

yes i guess nothing wud hv changed but makes me wonder one thing though

dumbledore asks snape to tell harry abt him being horcrux though he dint say the word horcrux he only told part of voldy soul lives in harry and when voldy keeps nagini with him that time the truth shud be told to harry

but when snape is dying why did he gave the full memory to harry abot how he loved his mother or why dumbledore trusted him and so on

he cud hv only given him the memory of what dumbledore said isnt it

snape was trying to get away from voldy to let harry know the truth and he was goin to reveal to him that part only

thats why i wonder if things cud hv changed between harry andsnape

harry had forgiven snape finally and yes its possible that harry had lost all the ppl who loved or cared for him so snape cudnt hv been his surrogate dad in that sense

though i wud hv loved it if snape cud hv changed his stance and compromised with harry

chatterbox

IF-Sizzlerz

chatterbox

Posted: 12 December 2007 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
haila LL seems u answerd the same time i was writing my own ans
what u said LL is right
i guess partly that answers my questions too

tellme cud he have still given harry his full memory if he had been alive or bcoz he was dying and nothing cud be done he said all in his memories and ppl dint know why dumbledore trusted snape

jkr gave the readers ans to this question thru snape memories as dumbledore was dead and he had given snape word that he wud never reveal his true self

what do u say

Post Reply New Post

Go to top