Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jenim thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Ok moving on, has any one here seen Taare Zameen Par?
This one's getting rave reviews all over the planet. My Hindi isn't good and I usually wait until the DVD is released with English subtitles. But can't wait to watch this one - my teen heartthrob's first directorial venture is slated to be the biggest grosser of this year, even beating OSO. Yay!!

BTW, if any of you here is as big a fan of Aamir as I am, then you may want to check out his own blog at http://www.aamirkhan.com
jenim thumbnail
Mods/ Viewbies -

If my above post on Hindi movie shouldn't really be here, being it's a "Kollywood" section and all, feel free to remove it πŸ˜›

Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jenim

Ok moving on, has any one here seen Taare Zameen Par?
This one's getting rave reviews all over the planet. My Hindi isn't good and I usually wait until the DVD is released with English subtitles. But can't wait to watch this one - my teen heartthrob's first directorial venture is slated to be the biggest grosser of this year, even beating OSO. Yay!!

BTW, if any of you here is as big a fan of Aamir as I am, then you may want to check out his own blog at http://www.aamirkhan.com

The blog is cled now, right. Amir himslef made a post in the blog telling he's not going to continue with the blog since he's alunching his web site. I've mad ereplies in his blog in almost all his posts, when it was still open. Amir replied to everyone, he was in good touch with those who replied to his posts. πŸ˜›

Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jenim

Jiggly - I don't know why the topic is getting side tracked to Trisha. Borrowing your own terms, she is a plain Jane. What an apt description! I've seen her when she was in her early teens (when she was a nobody) and God I would have never believed that one day she would be a star, even if they had given me a million bucks!

To be a star, at least in today's film world, you had to have certain characteristic. Because there's actresses dime a dozen and they keep sprouting like mushroom every single day, you had to have the edge. One has to be pretty, have a good body and act well too. Just having one such charecteristic does NOT make up for the other. The same logic that we apply to Shriya - she does have a pretty face and a great body. But are we audiences ready to accept her as a favorite star sans her acting? And we are not living in SarojaDevi days where the audience's taste was for stocky heroines, who could also act.

But Jo did become a big star, didn't she?😊 Look at Khusboo.

Simply to say that Jyothika had a pretty face and acted well, doesn't make up for the stocky figure that she had pretty much most of the time that she was in the industry. If she could slim down for the Simbu starrer Manmadhan, she could've definitely done it much sooner and spared audiences like me who were shocked to see her adding to her weight, movie after movie, (rumor has it that she did lose good film chances due to her weight issue). There were movies that had her with double chin and surely that was not a pretty sight at all. There's a certain song in 12B, supposedly with college students that she dances for, where she literally looks like a barrel. I'm not kidding...

I know. In most of Jo's songs except for a few, she does look like a 'barrel'. I agreed with that in the very beginnign of this discussion😊

Hey Ditty - what is baby fat, when you are in your 20's? Sure.. baby like innocent face does look pretty, but not a baby-fat-body! SriDevi VijayaKumar was a lot chubbier when she was a child star. I was stunned when I saw her nicely slimmed down when she starred as a heroine. If she could do it, then anybody can! Sneha has done it now, after realizing that her hips were.. err.. for lack of a better word.. "expanding". Esp, being a star such as Jyothika, she definitely could've worked harder to keep in shape. BTW, my Mom too would hate me if she knows that I'm discussing Jyo in such light.. She totally adores Jyothika and jollu uttufies at her beauty.. she keeps on saying evlo azhagu Jyo.. I admit she does have a pretty face and very pretty eyes.. I felt kind of drowing in those big beautiful eyes, in certain shots of her in the "Making of Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu" DVD.

It's not true that Jo never tried at all, Jenim. She has worked out  a lot. But the fact that some people's bodies are destined to remain barrel remains. My mum has been trying for years, dieting and jogging and excercising, but she still has not been succesful in becoming the thin figure she'd always wanted to. I guess its in the family.For kakka Kakka she spent hours working out and dieting, and we saw the result, even then she didn't seem as though she has lost a  lotπŸ˜•

Personal grooming definitely includes keeping fit. Oh.. she was way, far away from having kept fit. In Kushi, where Vijay was supposed to be looking at her hips, they could only show her tummy, 'cos she didn't have "hips that could be shown" at that time. And talking about good hair, skin etc., most actresses pretty much pose for pics in a studio or the stills that we get to see are released by film makers where the cast is already thoroughly made up. Or in movie events, where they are perfectly made up for the occasion. Except for some stray cases where you saw Trisha's pic exposing cellulite, we don't usually get to see them without tons of make up or in bad light. Exception would be hollywood - there is loads of Papparazzi and you get to see disastrous pics of actors/actresses sans makeup splashed in the tabloids all the time.

Jo's pics without make up is available. She does look almost the same, except for dark circles, but even that din't take away the beauty of her eys.

jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i have seen taare zameen par....and wept buckets....
usha_pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
awwww jas dont cry here's my hug πŸ€—.

Ditty thx for the Jo pictures, they are real pretty.
sankadevi30 thumbnail
jas dont cry dear πŸ€—

i thought u will make others cry πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
jenim thumbnail

Originally posted by: ditty

The blog is cled now, right. Amir himslef made a post in the blog telling he's not going to continue with the blog since he's alunching his web site. I've mad ereplies in his blog in almost all his posts, when it was still open. Amir replied to everyone, he was in good touch with those who replied to his posts. πŸ˜›

No Ditty.. Aamirkhan.com (this one I believe he started in Oct) is not closed. He still blogs, was glad to learn that TZP is doing well all over. The old one where he was blogging from was closed, b'cos it was actually lagaan dvd's promo website, but Aamir started using that space for his personal blogging. Yeah I posted comments in the LagaanDvd blog as well. It always amazed me, the busy actor/Director/ Producer that he is, how does he find time for reading all the comments and responding to them. He is just so cute, so smart, talented.. He's just so awesome!

jenim thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasunap

i have seen taare zameen par....and wept buckets....

Jasunap.. that's what I heard from friends who watched it.. everyone without an exception said, that there was this big lump in their throat, even if they could fight shedding tears..

Awww.. and Aamir himself looks so much younger in this one, with his mohawk kind of hairstyle.

jenim thumbnail
Hey Ditty..

Thanks for the pics. Ayyooh.. evlo, evlo, evlo azhagu indha Surya! I know you posted the pics, so we could see Jyothika with minimal makeup, but I just couldn't resist looking at adorable Surya.

Ok shifting back to Jyothika, I admit she was a star, I said it in my earlier post, myself. But I'm sure it would've been harder for Jyothika to have survived in today's film world with the kind of body she had a few years ago.

See.. in your Mum's case it could be b'cos of several reasons. She had you, right? And probably you have siblings too.. It's much harder for a person of that age and after having babies too, to be as slim as the filmi personalities, unless you have some chinese gene in your family (BTW, it always amazes me, no matter how much or what they eat, the ones that I know at work or outside, always remain slim).

But Jyothika did look very slimmed down in Manmadhan, and I don't think that dimished her looks in any other way. She did work very hard to get there, I presume. So, she was able to do it at some point in her life - not that it's in the family! I was just lamenting, she could've done it sooner sparing audience like me, who otherwise don't mind her acting! πŸ˜‰