Teen Bahuraniyaan

Teen Bahuraaniya Articles Archive (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 10 December 2007 at 6:06pm | IP Logged

Amrapalli Gupta

Amrapalli aka Bindiya of " Teen Bahuranniya" on Zee is hitting the gym with a vengeance these days. Although, her co-stars find her slim and trim, the actress begs to differ. "I may not look fat to others, but I feel I have been putting on weight for the past few months. I don't like it, so I have started working out regularly and I am keeping a stricter control on my diet."

Interestingly, the native of Lucknow can't resist North-Indian food since childhood. "But then, one needs to take care of those extra calories as well! So immediately after my shoot, I hit the gym," says Amrapalli, who is enjoying her track in the show these days as it's the first time she is doing a romantic role.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news /amrapalli-fitness-freak-310807.html

Manish Raisinghania's Chat

Rita > Hi, did you feel the heat from the audience after replacing Ejaz Khan as "Varun" in Kahiin To Hoga (KTH)? He was their favourite. How did you cope with the immense popularity he enjoyed?
Manish Raisinghani > I think I was comfortably accepted by the audience in the first go itself and I got a very positive response from them. I don't think it was a very difficult task.

Sak bhavna > Hey Manish, this is Bhavna. You are just tremendous to look and are giving a fantastic performance in Kahiin To Hoga. So, what do you think about your cast? How are your co-stars? Is your co-star Rajeev co operative?
Manish Raisinghani > Thanks a lot for the compliment. Initially, Rajeev and I didn't share a very good relationship. But now he is more of an older brother. He is very cooperative. And about the rest of the co-stars, it's like a huge family and I am the brat kid of the family who's pampered like crazy!

Archie > Tell me, do TV stars become snooty like big film stars after they attain popularity?
Manish Raisinghani > Well, I can't talk on behalf of everybody. But, at least I am not like that. In fact I have become more humble.

Honey > What is your fitness funda?
Manish Raisinghani > I workout for 45 minutes in a day and eat whatever you want.

Shama > Manish, are you planning to do movies?
Manish Raisinghani > I am not taking up serial offers, as I want to do movies.

Gehta > Manish, Ejaz quit the serial and before him TV industry has (generally) seen replacement of actors so many times. Do you feel the insecurity as a professional?
Manish Raisinghani > I believe whatever happens, happens for the best. And I don't feel any kind of insecurity. The only thing you need to do is be good at your job.

Thegr8_m > I have heard that you were a model in Paris. Is it true?
Manish Raisinghani > I was a model in Europe (Turkey). I modelled there for a year.

Kush > Are you happy being a TV actor or you wanna do films also?
Manish Raisinghani > I am an extremely unsatisfied man. I think I have to move on to better things.

Honey > When is your date of birth?
Manish Raisinghani > 22 of July, 1979

Jugs > Are you marred? Do you have a girl friend?
Manish Raisinghani > I have a girl friend and we will be getting married after four years.

Lili > Why didn't Rajeev and you get along initially? Some cultural differences or professional jealousies?
Manish Raisinghani > Probably because both of us are known for our looks. So we had this kind of a rivalry. But when we got to know each other personally, everything got better (doubts were removed).

Clod > Some time ago there was talk of "Sujal" (Rajeev) quitting the show and then also "Kashish" (Aamna) was rumoured to be not happy with her role and was thinking of quitting. When such things happen, don't they have a demoralising effect on the rest of the time? Please do give an honest answer. Don't you guys feel that next it would be your turn to walk out?
Manish Raisinghani > They had their own personal reasons and I would not like to comment on it. It did affect us, as it would be like one of the family members leaving (the family).

Honey > Who else are there in your (real) family?
Manish Raisinghani > My mom, dad, a younger sister and grandmom.

Jugs > How did you get the role of "Varun" in KTH? Do you know anyone in the television industry?
Manish Raisinghani > Before KTH I was doing a serial named Kahiin Kissi Roz and Kehna Hai Mujhko. So when Ejaz was being replaced I received a call from Ektaa to do the role.

Meena > What made you take part in the Mr. India contest?
Manish Raisinghani > I have always been a misguided missile with a lot of energy and I landed up there and came out with flying colours.

Kali > What's your education? Do you come from a business family?
Manish Raisinghani > I am a mechanical engineer. I come from a service family.

Bhavnasak16 > Have you done any albums? If yes then which one? Who's your favourite actor/actress? If you want to date who would you date?
Manish Raisinghani > None because I have a very possessive girl friend who will kill me. I have done three albums – for Vaishali Sawant, t-series and another one is a Punjabi video, which is yet to release.

Uri > What's it with you guys, haan? You do engineering, MBAs etc and then become actors. Why? Don't you feel that you wasted your education and time?
Manish Raisinghani > I believe you need education to fall back upon wherever you are. And it (education) reflects in your persona.

Dima > Don't you think your chocolate-boy looks may just over shadow your acting abilities and people will cast you just for the looks and not so much for acting skills? Has the thought occurred to you?
Manish Raisinghani > Just for this sake I have been doing some thriller and suspense episodes for Aahat and Raat Hone Ko Hai where it's more of acting than style and looks; those are not even the criteria.

Khushbhu > Were you sure to become a model or TV actor since your child hood? If you were not an actor or a model, which profession would you choose?
Manish Raisinghani > If I was not in this profession, I'd probably be vice president of some company but after five years. As a kid I never thought about acting or modeling. It all started when my seniors dragged me for an inter-collegiate pageant where I won the best male model.

Honey > Manish, your favourite movie?
Manish Raisinghani > Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge is my all time favourite.

Sam > Hey Manish, how do you look at the competition with Rishi? If a situation arrives wherein two of you fight for the same girl what will you do?
Manish Raisinghani > Just smile and the girl will be mine.

Jigs > What in a woman turns you on?
Manish Raisinghani > The way she carries her self. It's not just the looks, it's mainly about the persona.

Binni > Tell us about your girl friend. Is she an actress too? What do you like in her sooo much? Where did you meet her? How long have you two been going steady?
Manish Raisinghani > This March 10th we completed three years (of relationship). She's a model too. She is from Pune and her name is Vilvin. She was my best friend for a year. I met her at a friend's birthday party. What I like about her is - it's just that she is a class apart.

Sam > Manish, in real life will you marry a girl like "Mehak" who was already married earlier?
Manish Raisinghani > If I really loved the woman, her past wouldn't matter.

Sam > Who is your favorite actor and actress?
Manish Raisinghani > Favourite actor - Collin Farrell, Amitabh Bachchan. And among actresses – Catherine Zeta Jones and Rekha.

Kush > I am feeling dam jealous!!!!!!
Manish Raisinghani > About what?

Kush > About your girl friend.
Manish Raisinghani > Please don't be jealous.

Reena > When will you start looking for a corporate job since you want to be a VP of a company. Aren't we going to see you as actor for too long?
Manish Raisinghani > I said if it all I wasn't in this profession I would have ended up as a VP. Since I am here, I'd like to deliver my best and entertain all of you.

Riky > From whom do you face tough competition - Rishi, Sujal or Akshat?
Manish Raisinghani > I think it's Rajeev (Sujal) as his popularity is already sky high and he's got a much better and an adorable character to play.

Sign Off Message > Aim for the moon because if you miss at least you will become a star. Love, Manish.

Sentimental Manish gifts a birthday to spot boy

The sets of Zee's Teen Bahuraaniyan sure seem like a fun place to be. Recently, we heard that Manish Raisinghani threw a birthday bash for one of the spot boys who happens to work for the show. Apparently, when Manish and co-stars were talking about birthdays, he learnt that the spot boy had no idea when his birthday was. This touched Manish deeply and the following day he got a cake and a gift and they had a small celebration on the sets for the spot boy. The small celebration went off well but what nobody even realised was that it wasn't even the spot boy's birthday that day. And his only partner in crime was Kadambari who plays his wife in the show. Well Manish sure seems to be granting birth dates and not just gifts and cakes.

source: deccan.com

Prashant Chawla finds his love

Prashant Chawla, who plays Mahesh in Teen Bahuraniyan, has found his real life dream girl.

Refusing to disclose her name, Prashant admits that he is in love. "We met a year back via common friends. Our first meeting was very nice but I do not believe in love at first site. We started meeting often and with time discovered that we were in love. Later on, I proposed her in a very simple manner and she replied positively."

Why the secrecy over her identity? "I do not want to disclose her name because her first serial is coming on air and I do not want to harm her career. My family knows about it and is ok with the relationship. However, her family is not aware about it but it will be fine with them too I guess."

What about marriage plans? "We have not planned anything as right now both of us want to concentrate on our careers. May be next year we will decide about marriage."

On being asked what it was about her that attracted him so much, Prashant says, "She is very understanding and accepts me as I am. She provides me with the space I need for myself and takes good care of me. Recently, when I was suffering from viral fever and could not attend my shoots, she used to come to my place and give me medicines."

Prashant made his television debut with Tumhari Disha. He was a model and participated in Grasim Mr. India 2004. In Teen Bahuraniyan, Prashant is playing the husband of Manjeet (Manva Naik).

Manava's co-stars will miss her

Manava Naik, who plays Manjeet in Teen Bahuraniyan, is taking a break from the show as she is going on a holiday to Singapore with her sister. Her co-star Amrapali Gupta talks about how much the crew of Teen Bahuraniyan is going to miss her.

Says Amrapali: "I was shooting with her just a couple of days back and I will definitely miss her a lot. Whenever she comes on the sets she says 'I'm back' really loudly. I will miss stuff like that."
</>

We have heard that the Teen Bahuraniyans are very good friends off screen as well. "Yes we love to gossip and it won't be the same without her. She is the smartest amongst us. In fact we have given names to all three - Manava is intelligent, I am good and Kadambari is lovely."

Speaking about the fun they had together, Amrapali says, "For Ganpati recently the two visited my place and we had plenty of masti. During the breaks on set, we go to Hiranandani and have pizzas and snacks. I want her to come back soon."

Have you told her to get anything from Singapore? "I do not need to demand anything. She will definitely bring something for us. Last time she bought bags from Amritsar. I bought a purse and skirt for them and Kadambari bought mojadis from Jaipur."

Tanu, Executive producer of the show, says they won't be affected in anyway as Manava had informed them in advance. "Earlier, we had trouble when Meghna, who plays her mother-in-law, was sick and we had the track revolving around both of them. But we did a special episode and somehow manage to continue shooting. For Manava though we shot the scenes in advance. It is the yearly thing which she does for her family. She will join the shoot as soon as she comes back."

Manava is currently doing two shows - Teen Bahuraniyan and Baa Bahu Aur Baby.

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2007/September/ News_20070929_301

Manava loves learning new languages </>   

Monday, October 08, 2007   

Manava Naik
Television Actresses: Gallery
Actress Manava Naik is known to be very experimental. Besides being a travel freak, she loves picking up new skills, especially new languages. Her latest hobby has been to learn French. Incidentally, Manava's elder sister is a French professor at a university. So Manava enjoys free classes from her.

But this is not the first occasion when Manava has tried learning a new language. While working in J.D. Majethia's "Baa Bahu or Baby", Manava gradually mastered Gujarati.

Then while working for "Teen Bahuranniya" aired on Zee TV, she learnt good Punjabi. The character of the daughter-in-law named Manjeet required Manava to deliver parts of the dialogues in Punjabi, instead of Hindi.

I have always been interested in language and culture. Initially, I found picking up Punjabi words really hard." But soon, Manava's patience ran out and she simply it gave up. Now, once again, Manava feels the urge to pick up the thread from where she had left. "I found learning Punjabi more difficult than learning French," the actress says

TV stars in demand for Navratra events

Amrapalli Gupta
Television Actresses: Gallery
Navratri is here and almost every other soap on television has an episode or two on the celebrations. Since the highlight of the 10-day festival is garba and dandiya, good dancers are in demand. And Amrapalli Gupta, who is currently shooting for "Teen Bahuraaniyan" on Zee, is one of them.

The young lady is a professional Kathak dancer. So mastering the dandiya moves for the forthcoming episodes of the show was cakewalk for her. Her dancing skills have also landed her offers of guest performances from many Navratra events in big cities. But with shooting on in full swing, Amrapali has little time for anything else.

The actress says: "I got offers from Jaipur, Rajkot and Indore to perform in dandiya shows. Unfortunately, I can't take time out as I'm committed to the shoots. Anyway, thanks to this festival fever, I have picked up dandiya. My previous knowledge of classical dance has proved to be an added advantage." Dance on twinkle toes!

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news /television-actresses-in-demand-191007.html

Kitab mahal

Manava Naik has a collection of books numbering over 20,000. Her library covers an entire floor at their Bandra residence

Kunal M Shah

Manava Naik in her library
Did you know that Manava Naik, the protagonist in Teen Bahuraniyan, has a collection of books numbering over 20,000? She keeps them in her Bandra residence and is in the process of increasing her collection.

Evidently, Manava's family is in the business of printing, first set up by her grandfather. An entire floor of their three-storey bungalow forms a massive library. Says Manava, "My grandfather began collecting books. Besides heritage books that are not be available in bookstores, we have a variety of other books on subjects like history, literature, psychology, drama, films and politics."  

Meanwhile, her father, Arun Naik has also acquired a grant from the government to preserve these books. Explaining about the process of preserving these rare books, she says, "It's not easy to preserve the books as some of them are very old. There is a small section where the books are kept wrapped in a special paper so that they don't get damaged. Some of them date as far back as the 17th century  and have become so brittle that they can tear easily. We have about 200 such rare books."

These books are undoubtedly very precious to all in the Naik household. Manava says, "There have been a couple of incidents like the 26/7 rains where we almost lost the books in the drama section, as they were kept on the ground floor, but after that we dried every page of the books with a drier and re-bound them."

She adds, "There was yet another time when we had a fire in the house and we somehow managed to stop it from reaching the books."

Her personal favorite subject being literature, she says, "When I was a child, all my friends would come home to borrow books. I, personally collect and buy many books as my father has always been against the idea of borrowing books." 

source: http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;sectid=12&contentid=2007090220070902025802406213c1& ; ; ; ; ;pageno=1

Edited by Tani91 - 30 December 2007 at 10:52pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Teen Bahuraaniya Articles Archive (Page 2)" in Teen Bahuraniyaan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 10 December 2007 at 6:12pm | IP Logged

Vaishali Thakkar in Teen Bahuraniyan

Vaishali Thakkar, popularly known as Praveena of Baa Bahoo Aur Baby has entered Zee's Teen Bahuraniyan as Maaya. A dramatic and intense role, Maaya is rumoured to have a strong past which will unravel as the serial progresses. "I really liked the character I was narrated. I have been lucky to get varied roles right from the time I started. I was appreciated for my serious role in Ek Mahal Ho Sapnon Ka and my comic role in Baa Bahoo Aur Baby fetched me the Gold Awards," she enthuses. So, why did she bid adieu to Baa.... "My track got over," she says simply without getting into details. Viewers of the serial will surely miss the droll and funny Praveena.

Bindiya chamkegi!

Back to Section Stories Posted On Saturday, October 20, 2007

Ranjib Mazumder

Amrapali Gupta

Amrapali Gupta aka Bindiya of Teen Bahuraniyan is a keen learner. The actress, who belongs to Lucknow, was not very comfortable with English language and her accent was not up to the mark. But she was hellbent on overcoming the hesitation. She sought help form her co-stars Manva Naik (Manjeet) and Kadambari Kadam (Janaki) and they readily came to her rescue.

She says, "My accent is not very refined as it has the typical UP touch. So I am trying to overcome that. Both my co-stars Manva and Kadambari have been helping me a lot in this regard."

She adds, "Earlier I used to be a shy girl. In fact, I was very conscious of my accent and used to hesitate in talking to people. I have become confident now."

mumbai news

Uplift kara de

Actress Kadambari's husband was so shocked at the shabby condition of his wife's make-up room at a studio, that he ended up refurbishing it at his own cost
Back to Section Stories Posted On Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ranjib Mazumder

Kadambari Kadam in the refurbished makeup room
All the actors of Teen Bahuraniyan envy the show's lead actress, Kadambari Kadam aka Janki as she has a doting husband. Her husband has given a complete makeover to her make-up room.

One day, her husband Sameer Desai landed up on the sets of Teen Bahuraniyan to pay a surprise visit to his wife. The studio is at Mansukh Mills in Kanjurmarg. He also happened to step into Kadambari's make-up room when she was busy in a shot. Contrary to his expectations, he was quite depressed after having a look at the make-up room's dismal condition. Instead of asking the production house to give Kadambari a better make-up room, he took take the initiative to refurbish her room.

Says a unit member, "His argument was that Kadambari spends most of her time on the sets and especially in the make-up room. He was quite upset with the make-up room's condition. He bought cushions, bed sheets and whole lot of other stuff to give a better look to the room. The room is beautifully done and all the unit members can't stop talking about it. Now, everyone wants their make-up room to be done up like Kadambari's."

Kadambari says, "I share my make-up room with Amrapali Gupta (who plays Bindiya). My make-up room was not a very pleasant one, and Sameer was obviously not pleased when he saw the condition. He changed cushions and
Kadambari with her husband Sameer
bed sheets to add more colour to my room. He likes everything to be perfect and pleasant. I am so proud of him."

Kadambari's husband Sameer says, "My wife spends 16 hours on the sets, so it is very important that she has a nice make-up room. She works very hard, so whatever little time she gets to rest, she needs to feel at home. I did not like the ambience, so I made a few changes. I wanted to do more, but thought of not intervening in the production house's work. Now, it's looking better."

"I have received so many calls from her co-stars and unit members, and everyone wants me to give a makeover to their respective rooms. I hope the production house gives personal make-up rooms to all artistes," he adds.

Manava Naik wants to learn the piano

Manava Naik, Manjeet of Teen Bauraniyan, has a vast collection of musical instruments and wants to learn the piano among many other instruments. We asked Manava about her music inclinations.

"I like the piano out of the five instruments I have. It is an upright piano. I have a couple of other instruments as well like guitar and drum. I have learnt a little bit of piano and guitar but the others are just there in the bedroom. There is one special cleaner who comes and cleans them," revealed the TV star.

"The piano was purchased by my parents for my sister 17 years ago. She learnt to play it and taught me a bit too," added Manava.

What are the other instruments you have? "Well, there is a small synthesizer, which I like to play. Among Indian instruments, there is the flute which I do not know how to play. I would like to have a tabla and dholak too."

Manava feels since she has taken training in kathak, she is very attached to tabla and harmonium. "I am a fan of Zakir Hussain and have attended his and Sivamani's concerts. But I am keen on learning guitar."

What next on the list? "I want to have a banjo. One of my friends has it so I also want to buy one."

Manava Naik recently visited Singapore and has re-entered Baa Bahu and Baby.

Manava doesn't want to expose
5 Nov 2007, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

'I am comfortable wearing short skirts'

Manava Naik is on a professional high as her character Manjeet in the television daily Teen Bahuraniyaa is grabbing viewer's attention and appreciation. Acting was not new for me. I have been involved with theatre since my childhood. I used to participate in school plays and college dramas. Moreover, both my parents are also associated with theatre. My mother is an actress and my father, a writer, says Manava.

As acting and theatre were very much a part of Manava's upbringing, was acting a conscious decision of hers? No, it wasn't, claims the actress. In fact, I went to a general entertainment television channel's office for being an accompanist there and they asked me to audition, and that's how Special Squad, my first television serial happened, laughs the actress.

Manava has been portraying different kinds of roles so far. She has played a western detective in Special Squad, a girl from a conservative Gujarati family in Baa, Bahu Aur Baby and is now playing an outgoing Punjabi bahu in Teen Bahuraniyaa. So what is Manava's forte? I think, I am quite versatile, says Manava. The actress who is inspired by Naseeruddin Shah's performances adds that playing different characters makes me happy. I want to do something challenging every day.

Bollywood is an obvious step ahead for television actors. But Manava has a different point of view, I am not aiming for Bollywood. But yes, if some good role comes across, I will definitely pick it up. She adds, The medium is not important. What matters is the character and the script.

These days, the trend of television stars being associated with reality shows is very popular. I would like to be associated with a reality show where I am allowed to explore a hidden talent of mine. I will love to do some dance based reality show, says Manava who also owns a piano and a guitar and aims at learning music in the near future. Manava is clear about her priorities, I have no objection with the modern costumes that one wears on television.

I am comfortable wearing short skirts but I don't agree with showing skin where it's not necessary. It has to be gracefully done and not just for the heck of it. Now that Manava has been in the television industry for quite some time, is she planning for a make over? No, comes the reply. It is important for an actor to groom and look different as per the requirements of the character. But personally, I am not going in for any makeover. Now that I have been playing that pretty-girl-next-door for
quite some time, I would like to go in for something different, says Manava. Point taken!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Man ava_doesnt_want_to_expose/articleshow/2517007.cms

"I will Love to do some dance based reality show"

Television actress Manava Naik is on a professional high as her character of Manjeet in the television daily Teen Bahuraniyaa is grabbing the viewer's attention and appreciation. "Acting was not new for me. I have been involved with theatre since my childhood. I used to participate in school plays and college dramas.

Moreover, both my parents are also associated with theatre. My mother is an actress and my father, a writer," says Manava. As acting and theatre were very much a part of Manava's upbringing, was acting a conscious decision of hers? "No, it wasn't," claims the actress. "In fact, I went to a general entertainment television channel's office for being an accompanist there and they asked me to audition, and that's how Special Squad, my first television serial happened," laughs the actress. Manava has been portraying different kinds of roles so far. She has played a western detective in Special Squad , a girl from a conservative Gujarati family in Baa, Bahu Aur Baby and is now playing an outgoing Punjabi bahu in Teen Bahuraniyaa .

So what is Manava's forte? "I think, I am quite versatile," says Manava. The actress who is inspired by Naseeruddin Shah's performances adds that "playing different characters makes me happy. I want to do something challenging every day." Bollywood is an obvious step ahead for television actors. But Manava has a different point of view, "I am not aiming for Bollywood. But yes, if some good role comes across, I will definitely pick it up." She adds, "The medium is not important. What matters is the character and the script." These days, the trend of television stars being associated with reality shows is very popular.

"I would like to be associated with a reality show where I am allowed to explore a hidden talent of mine. I will love to do some dance based reality show," says Manava who also owns a piano and a guitar and aims at learning music in the near future.

Manava is clear about her priorities, "I have no objection with the modern costumes that one wears on television. I am comfortable wearing short skirts but I don't agree with showing skin where it's not necessary. It has to be gracefully done and not just for the heck of it." Now that Manava has been in the television industry for quite some time, is she planning for a make over? "No," comes the reply.

"It is important for an actor to groom and look different as per the requirements of the character. But personally, I am not going in for any makeover. Now that I have been playing that pretty-girl-next-door for quite some time, I would like to go in for something different," says Manava. Point taken!

source - http://www.tvguideindia.com/tellystars.htm

Aunt we adventurous?

< content=12/05/2007 name=date>
Smriti Irani will join the cast of Teen Bahuraniyaan, a show outside her own production house, as a strong-willed mausi. She calls it 'an adventure'
Back to Section Stories Posted On Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Kavita Shyam

Smriti Z Irani is all set to enter Zee TV's Teen Bahuraniyaan as Vrinda Mausi who will save the main lead Janki's (Kadambari Desai) life from her in-laws. This the first show she will acting in outside her own production house after she quit Balaji Telefilms and got into production. Currently she is working on Virrudh and Mere Apne.

Smriti confirms that she was indeed going to be part of the show. She says, "Yes, I am doing Teen Bahuraniyaan and am playing a positive character in the show.

People thought I would not be doing any show outside my production house. I have worked with the writer of the show besides Hemalji (Hemal Thakkar, producer) and when the channel told me about the role I was impressed.

Besides, the team has put together good shows in the past.  The channel will be able to elaborate on my role. And just watch out for my look in the show!"

What made her do a show outside her own production house? She says, "Even as offers were coming my way, I was exploring the possibility of acting in a serial outside my own production house. Together with the channel I'm working on various projects."

As Smriti enters a new show there are bound to be expectations. How is going to deal with that? "This is a new adventure I am embarking on and I know there will be huge expectations from the viewers.

We made sure that there were elements of lightness in the role and that it made a difference to the show. I feel excited about going back to a set only as an actor and not as a producer. I like to be at the mercy of a creative head of another show.

It has been a nice experience shooting for the show so far and I am impressed with the creative team. I am looking forward to this."

Sharad Mehta, creative supervisor of the show at Zee TV, elaborates on Smriti's role, "Smriti will be playing a strong and confident mausi in the show.

She is unpredictable and will tackle issues in her own way. With various shades to her character she will be the motivating factor and a source of strength to Janki and will re-unite the family. Smriti will make a huge difference to the show."

Smriti started shooting for Teen Bahuraniyaan yesterday and she will be on air from December 10.

•  This is a new adventure I am embarking on and I know there will be huge expectations from the viewers. We made sure that there were elements of lightness in the role and that it made a difference to the show. I feel excited about going back to a set only as an actor and not as a producer – Smriti Irani

source : mumbai mirror

Teen Bahuranis speaks about working with Smriti

Smriti Irani is all set to enter Teen Bahuraniyaan as Vrinda Mausi. Her track will come on air from December 10th. Smriti has already completed the promotional shoot. We asked the three bahuranis to share their experience of shooting with one of television's biggest stars.

Bindiya (Amrapali Gupta)
"We just had a photo shoot with Smriti. It's great that she will be acting with us. I was watching her constantly. She was on the phone a lot discussing about her other shows. She has a lot of stamina and brains to handle such a huge production house. My director Swapna had told me to be silent when she will be on sets so I tried my best not to disturb her. She came a little late on the day of the shoot but apologized to us and said, 'Sorry for the inconvenience but for serial shoot I will be on time'. When I was in Lucknow, I had watched her earlier episodes of Kyunki and it was my dream to work with her one day."

Manjeet (Manva Naik)

"I still can't believe that we will be shooting with Smriti Irani even though we have finished the promotional shoot with her. She is big star but still very humble. She was the first to introduce herself to us. From the little I have seen of her I have learnt that is she is very focused, hardworking and very understanding."

Janki (Kadambari Desai)

"I'm quite excited but not nervous. I feel great that she is my on-screen aunt and I'm looking forward to the shoot as I will be having the maximum scenes with her. I have not interacted with her so far because she is handling two shows and so is in a hurry. I didn't want to disturb her."

Let's see if Smriti can work her magic in Teen Bahuraniyaan too.

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2007/December/N ews_20071205_40

Edited by Tani91 - 25 December 2007 at 9:43am

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 12 December 2007 at 4:17pm | IP Logged

Planting ideas, Tulsi?

Smriti Irani made her grand appearance on Teen Bahuraniyaan with the tulsi plant in tow. Ekta Kapoor says she's shocked at this hijacking of her brand idea
 Posted On Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Anil Thakraney

Smriti Irani in Teen Bahuraniyaan

The latest salvo in the continued rivalry between mentor Ekta Kapoor and her protg Smriti Iraani has been fired by the latter. Irani has signed up for Zee's Teen Bahuraniyaan, which at the 10.30 pm weekday slot, competes head to head with Star's Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhie Bahu Thi. And Irani built her career on that particular show, before her sudden exit earlier this year. Not only that, Iraani appeared on Teen Bahuraniyaan flanked by ample foliage of the tulsi plant, a clear and unambiguous reference to her role in Kyunki. Clearly, this is a deliberate attempt to feed on Irani's brand from her earlier show.

When we spoke to Ekta Kapoor on the hijacking of her brand idea, she said she is "shocked". Quite naturally, the chief of Balaji, who helped make Irani one of the nation's top television stars, would be disappointed at the pilferage of her brand by her own protg. Irani, however, shrugs off all responsibility and says she's just an actor on the show, and cannot be held responsible for the creative decisions the producer takes. "The television industry does not operate like the movie business where the stars have a say in the creative process. We don't have such powers. I did what I was asked to do. I was not aware of the composition of the shot." But was she not aware such a composition would hurt Kapoor? Irani says she consulted Kapoor before signing up for Teen Bahuraniyaan. "I took her blessings before doing it," she says. 

Tarun Mehra, Business Head of Zee, is a little more candid. "We are in the business of entertainment. This is a 10.30 pm slot, and naturally we would do all we can to maximise the impact. But Ekta should not feel shocked, after all, imitation is the best form of flattery." 

On the return to Kyunki
There has been speculation that Irani may see a return home on Kyunki at some point, but with the new development, that seems near impossible. However, the real reason for her departure is still shrouded in mystery. All Kapoor would say is that Irani could not commit the time frames she needs from a lead actor. "It was her decision to quit the show. All we asked for was 12 days a month, and she did not agree to that." On the possibility of Irani's return, she says she doesn't know what the future holds. "But I am very happy with the current cast and we are producing Kyunki with the same passion." 

Irani on the other hand claims she was removed from the show. "I did not want to erode my dignity by asking for the reasons. I was told by Ekta one day that I was supposed to die in the serial and that was it. Everyone knows how much commitment I showed despite illness and pregnancy. So it's not true that I could not commit the time. I even agreed to age on the show, and today I see the characters with not a single strand of gray hair!" Asked if she'd like to get back, Irani says she'd be glad to, but will not beg for it.

The venerable tulsi plant is known to help keep a family together. In this instance, it seems to be drawing the two ex-best friends and colleagues further apart.

Manva Naik excited about Jodhaa Akbar

Manva Naik, who plays Manjeet in Teen Bahuraniyaan, is making her debut in Bollywood through Ashutosh Gowariker's grand venture Jodhaa Akbar which is releasing in January 2008.

A thrilled Manva tells us, "I have a very sweet role. It is not very big but also not too small. I was more excited to work with Ashutosh than Aishwarya and Hrithik. This is my first film so naturally I am eagerly awaiting its release."

Refusing to divulge anymore details, she only adds, "The promos of the film have just started. After that, there are going to be systematic interviews of the cast."

How did you land this role? "Ashutosh's brother knows me and had clicked my pictures earlier. He told me about this and I went for the auditions following which I got selected."

About managing the film shoot with her two TV shows - Teen Bahuraniyaan and Baa Bahu Aur Baby - she says, "I shot for the film in Karjat. I basically used to shoot round the clock - for the film in the morning and then for my shows."

Speaking about her serials, she says, "Earlier there were lots of fights between us in Teen Bauraniyaan. Now with Smriti's entry we will come together again. Right now her introduction in the show is going on. About BBB, I had joined the show quite some time back. I have really enjoyed shooting with them as the entire atmosphere on the sets is amazing. I never feel that I am working there. I will be finally getting married in the show, by next month I guess."

We wish the actress all the best for her Bollywood debut.

Edited by Tani91 - 30 December 2007 at 10:53pm

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 14 December 2007 at 8:40pm | IP Logged

The showy business

Ekta Kapoor has decided to have a special cross-over episode in Kyunki… with Sakshi Tanwar, evidently to steal the thunder from Smriti in Teen Bahuraniyaan

Back to Section Stories Posted On Saturday, December 15, 2007

Kavita Shyam

Sakshi Tanwar

Smriti Z Irani

In the business of soaps producers must have exciting ideas to spruce up the tracks and to beat competition. So, when Ekta Kapoor heard that Smriti Irani had entered Teen Bahuraniyaan with her old Tulsi look and the show had created much curiosity among viewers, she had to counter this move. Teen Bahuraniyaan is pitched in the same time-slot on Zee TV as Kyunki… on Star Plus (10.30 pm). Fearing it might grab focus from her serial, Ekta quickly dished out a change in the track. She is now roping in Sakshi Tanwar and other stars from Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii for a cross-over episode in Kyunki… to spice up the track. The episode will be shot on December 16 and 17 and will go on air on December 20.

Our source reveals, "Generally, Ekta thinks of such cross-over episodes during festivals but this time it's happening off-season. Since Smriti has entered Teen Bahuraniyaan, this special episode is introduced to take away the focus from her entry in the show. Not only that, a few actors from Kayamath will also be pulled in for a dance performance."

Besides the cross-over there are many more surprises in store. Says our source, "Chetan Hansraj (Sasha) will be brought back in Kahaani... The special episode will be colourful, musical and expensive - in true Balaji style. Smriti is playing Vrinda (which also means Tulsi) in Teen Bahuraniyaan, with a similar get-up and look in the same timeslot as Kyunki…, it is very unfair on Smriti's part to do this act. But now there seems to be a fair competition."

We ask Anupama Mondoloi, Creative and Programming head of Star Plus, if this special episode is to counter the excitement created by Smriti's entry in Teen Bhauraniyaan. She laughs and says, "I don't think the focus can shift from these two shows of our channel. Also we will be getting back Sasha (Chetan Hansraj) and a host of other actors in Kahaani… through the crossover episode. Nothing has changed in the story and there will be a huge celebration in the show."

Elaborating on the track, Anupama says, "It's going to be a star studded very exciting track.  In the sequence, the Ganesha statue of the Virani family somehow reaches the Aggarwal house, and how Parvati comes to return it. She becomes a part of the puja, organised in aid of Mihir's well-being."

Adds Anupama, "This is vacation a period and it's the end of the year, so we thought it was the right time to have such an episode, and not because some other channel has introduced some twist in their tale."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=20071215200712150225458281b83ef19

mumbai news

Edited by *Shruti* - 14 December 2007 at 8:41pm

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 16 December 2007 at 10:56am | IP Logged

Only Ekta can tell you about my comeback: Smriti Irani

From a famous actress to being a producer, Smriti Irani has done it all. She has achieved quite a bit in a very short period of her life. At the moment, she is enjoying the success of 'Mere Apne' after the much praised show 'Viruddh'.

Q.: How did you get "Teen Bahuraniyaan"?
A.: Actually the producer Bimal proposed me the show. Generally in saas-bahu sagas we see deprived women only but he offered me a character that may show some relief and has a way to get rid of some social issues.

She is a working woman and each time she visits the in laws' house of her daughter she talks about rights of today's women. It's a well-known fact that whenever women talked about their rights in our society they got deprived of every relation.

But Brinda comes with a message that women can not only keep all their relations intact but can also fight for their rights.

Q.: Do you think that your appearance in "Teen Bahuraniyaan" can give some moral support to characters in that serial?
A.: I think that it's an interesting beginning. That show is inspiring in the sense that it talks about the traditions and social values and at the same time it shows that there's nothing wrong with knowing your social rights.

If women would understand that truth, then there'll really be some positive changes in the society. We teach our daughters a lot so that they can have a better life in her in- laws' house.

We even tell them to take their in laws' house as their own house. And in-laws can treat our daughters as their own daughters.

Q.: In "Kyun Ki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi" you were known as Tulsi and in "Teen Bahuraniyaan" you are Brinda. And both the names have the same meaning. Is it just an accident?
A.: (Laughing) See, I'm neither the writer nor the producer of any of these shows. And I haven't chosen these names. I think you can ask the producer or the channel about this.

Q. Do you think that Brinda will also get the same kind of popularity as Tulsi?
A.: None could achieve the popularity that I have achieved in those seven years as Tulsi. First there must be someone to reach that height of popularity. Then I'll try to touch another height yet again.

Q.: Ekta Kapoor is supposed to get Parvati in her "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi" to compete with this show which is in the same time slot. Do you think that, this will affect the TRPs of your show?
A.: If I am to think that all this is happening because of my entry into that show then it's a great complement from Ekta.

I didn't know that the appearance of a small character in a show can make so much difference to others. As far as TRPs of shows are concerned, you should better ask the channel that.

Q.: "Mere Apne", your show on 9X, has got high TRPs. What would you like to say about that?
A.: I am really happy that after winning 5 awards as a producer for "Viruddh" my present show is also doing better. It's really important for me to make my name as a better producer.

Whatever show I've made, I always tried to make sure that people don't get bored with them. I enjoy the way I can tell the traditional story through "Mere Apne". As I'm from North India, I know the taste of people from there very well.

As producers my company has earned a better place not only in the audiences' heart but also in the industry.

Q.: How many shows are you going to produce after 'Mere Apne' and 'Viruddh'?
A.: I'll bring five more shows. But I am not going to say anything about them now. I can only assure you that I'll talk to you about these shows very soon.

Q.: Apart from other shows we also have heard of "Kuchh Tum Kaho Kuchh Hum Kahein" and "Maniben Dot Com". Please tell us about them.
A.: These are plays that I have produced. "Kuchh Tum Kaho Kuchh Hum Kahein" was very popular in 2006 and "Maniben Dot Com" is the most successful drama of Gujarat.

Q.: Would you like to produce them as serials?
A.: (Laughing) I prefer to keep the story restricted to that medium for which it has been created. If "Kuchh Tum Kaho Kuchh Hum Kahein" is just a drama of one or two hours then I would like to keep it that way. You can get all these qualities in my serials. I don't believe in stretching stories that may bore the audiences.

Q.: "Sharda Pandey", "Tulsi Virani", "Vasudha" and "Brinda Mausi" – who is the most close to your heart?
A.: Each character reflects parts of my personality. All my characters are fictitious but I love them as they leave some impact in my life.

Q.: You have said that if Balaji calls you back you will join them again. Is there any development on that front?
A.: I think it's better if you ask Balaji this. -Rajnee Gupta

Edited by Tani91 - 30 December 2007 at 10:54pm

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 18 December 2007 at 5:20pm | IP Logged

Smriti accused of plagiarising!

Smriti Irani has been accused of lifting the concept and storyline of a Marathi serial Kumari Gangubai Non Matric, running on ETV. The channel has sent her a legal notice

Back to Section Stories Posted On Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Kavita Shyam

A still from Kumari Gangubai Non Matric

Even before Smriti Irani started shooting for her new comedy show, Bai Bole Toh Gangu Bai for Zee TV, the show has run into trouble. Our source from the industry informs us that the concept and the storyline of the show are a straight lift from a Marathi show, Kumari Gangubai Non Matric, on air on ETV for the past seven years. Now the channel has sent a legal notice to Smriti for copying the concept.

The Marathi channel and the producer feel cheated as Smriti has not taken the required permission before making a show on the same lines. The show revolves around a maid, Gangubai's life and how she tries to solve the problems of the various families she works for.

Says Vidyadhar Pathare, producer of Kumari Gangubai Non Matric, "When we make a show, the rights of the show rest with the channel. Smriti Irani has taken our concept and not taken permission from the channel. Sometime ago even a filmmaker wanted to make a film based on our show but we stopped him. ETV Marathi has sent a legal notice to Smriti."

When we tried quizzing Smriti Irani if Pathare's allegations were correct, she refused to comment on the matter and told us to check it out with Zee TV officials instead.

Smriti Irani

Pearl Shahi, Programming Creative Head of Zee TV, says, "Our concept of Gangubai is different from ETV's Marathi serial (Kumari Gangubai Non Matric). Legally, the concept has been registered, just the name is common. Our show, Bai Bole Toh Gangu Bai, is not a detective show like the Marathi show. It is about a maid working in a society (of five houses) and how she is the common factor in the houses and how she makes a difference in their lives. It's an emotional, light-hearted comedy. Smriti will clarify the matter with ETV soon."

Our source, however,  informs us that two characters - those of Gangubai and another character called Chu - have been inspired by the Marathi serial.

The half-hour weekend primetime show (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) will go on air by mid-January 2008, on ZEE TV.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=200712192007121902280573453d63ab6

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 19 December 2007 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
After her negative act in Teen Bahuraniyaan, Simple Kaul is pleased to play a positive character in Salaam Zindgi.

In the show, she is the parallel lead (Rupa) with Pariva Pranati (Manya) and terms her character similar to that of Tina (Rani Mukherjee) in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.

</>

Elaborating on her character, she says, "There is a love triangle between Rupa, Akash (Abhay Vakil) and Manya. The character of Rupa is similar to Rani's in KKHH. She is a sweet, positive character - loving, caring and understanding who believes in spreading love and likes to support people around her. She is Manya's best friend and whenever she is facing a problem, Rupa fights for her."

About the track, the actress says, "Manya has developed a soft corner for Akash and at the same time even Rupa. All three are unaware of each other's feelings. Akash flirts with Rupa and sometimes also make her jealous by giving more attention to Manya. I don't know where this love story will go. Watch the serial for it."

You play a vamp in Teen Bahuraniyaan and a positive character in Salaam Zindgi. Your thoughts on it. "It feels good to essay a positive and negative character at the same time. Both the roles are very close to me. In Salaam I'm wearing a uniform where as in Bahuraniyaan I have a sexy look."

Simple was also seen as Reema of Yeh Meri Life Hai and in Shararat as Pamp.

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2007/December/N ews_20071225_243

I am married since two years: Kadambari Kadam

After having portrayed a number of small characters in television, Kadambari Kadam, a Marathi actress, has finally landed the lead role in Teen Bahuraniya. Definitely, she is on cloud nine these days and dreams of achieving higher goals.

Kadambari's first stage appearance was at the tender age of 13 and she has seen the ups and downs of both – theatre as well as television. She recently spoke to us at length about her experiences and future plans. Here is the excerpt.

Q: Tell us something about your role in Teen Bahuraniya…
A: Here I am playing a role of Janki, who is a very simple girl hailing from a very rich family. She has a dream of getting married in a joint family and her dreams come true. So she is very happy and content with life….

Q: Will Janki be sweet all the while or will we see some kind of revolting attitude in her too?
A: As of now she is sweet and quite. However, she raises her voice for truth even now as in the promos of the character with the tag line Sita bhi hai….Durga bhi hai. This means that though I am silent like Sita, I can even fight like Durga. The viewers will now have to wait and watch for the other aspects of Janki's character.

Q: Janki solves tiffs between the young bahus. Will she try to do the same for her elder generation bahus?
A: As of now, I solve the small tiffs occurring between the young bahus and am also fighting for truth. But if I get a chance to solve the problems of the elder ones, I would surely love to do that…

Q: So how much does Kadambari resemble Janki?
A: See, I resemble Janki in a way, as she loves to be quiet and try to make things peaceful. I too love being quite and peaceful and try never to fight, as I hate fighting. Where I don't resemble Janki is that my husband and I live separately and my in-laws don't stay with. Moreover, Janki is a housewife, but Kadambari is a working lady.

Q: Did you have any prior experience in acting?
A: I have done serials like Kehta Hai Dil, Kabhi Sautan Kabhi Saheli, but this is my first serial as a lead. I have even done a movie where I was the leading lady, but unfortunately it is yet to be released. I have also acted in plays and theatre and in many Marathi movies. My first stage appearance was when I was of 3 years and I always dreamt to be an actor. Presently, I am enjoying my dream come true.

Q: So how do you manage your married life with work?
A: I am married since two yrs and my biggest support are my husband and my parents without whom I would not have been here. It is due to my husband's support that I can manage things well….

Q: And how is your rapport with the cast and crew?
A: Everyone is really good, caring and professionally one has to be comfortable with each other so we all have gelled very well together.

http://123india.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=14895

In Black & White With Manish Raisinghani

Manish RaisinghaniI believe silence can prove to be more romantic...

In Black & White With Manish Raisinghani
I believe silence can prove to be more romantic...

Manish RaisinghaniFirst
Crush: Like every other boy it was my 4th Std school teacher.

Date: Was my first attempt to understand the unsolved mystery - 'Woman'.

Proposal: I dared to propose to the same 4th Std School teacher.

Rejection: Now that goes without saying! My first proposal to my first crush was my first rejection too, but a very sweet one which didn't even sound like a rejection. She replied, ''Baby, I Love you and my husband loves you too.''

Most Romantic
Film: Very clich - DDLJ. But it does make you want to fall in love all over again.

Gift: A handmade flower vase, which took 8+ hours to be made in a bathroom just to present as a surprise. It's the effort that makes it my most cherished gift ever.

Destination: I believe, for romance company matters and not destinations.

Manish RaisinghaniI
Love: Sports.

Hate: Hypocrisy.

Fear: I'm my people's person and loosing my people is my biggest fear.

Dream: I'm a dreamer, I dream more than I sleep. I guess there are too many to mention.

ETC
Turn ons: Honesty.

Turn offs: Un-professionalism.

Pick up line: Never needed one. A smile is sufficient to kill. Then, why waste a line.

Favourite bedroom line: Hmmm... Bedroom and lines don't go together. I believe silence can prove to be more romantic than spoken words.

Name: Manish Raisinghani.
Date of birth: 22nd July.
Zodiac sign: Cancer.
http://fropperblog.typepad.com/times/2007/12/in-black-white. html

Edited by Tani91 - 08 January 2008 at 6:21pm

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 31 December 2007 at 1:06pm | IP Logged

TV stars welcome 2008

Here's how some of our telly stars will bring in the New Year.

Amrapali Gupta

"I plan to go out for a cruise party with my friends and I am quite excited, as my sister will be with me this year. I remember being in Jaipur a couple of years back and I had a blast as we guys had arranged for a party where we had Rajasthani artists performing. It was quite unusual but for me was one of the best New Years as I was with my loved ones. My New Year resolution is to curb down on my anger."

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2007/December/N ews_20071231_275 

Edited by Tani91 - 31 December 2007 at 1:08pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top