Page 1 of 1

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 10 December 2007 at 12:25am | IP Logged
Inzamam criticises Younis on the captainship issue
PTI
Print

PANCHKULA, December 9: Younis Khan came in for some sharp criticism from his former colleague Inzamam-ul Haq for his handling of the captainship issue that cropped up after Shoaib Malik's injury in the current tour.

"Younis Khan is within right in asking what players to choose, but the way he went about the whole issue was not right," Inzamam said.

Inzamam, who is the skipper of Hyderabad Heroes in the ICL tournament, scored 44 against Chennai Superstars on Sunday to guide his team to victory.

Inzamam said Twenty20 is not all about smashing the ball but it involves a lot of planning as well.

"People think that Twenty20 is only about some smash hitting all the time. That is certainly not the case. You need planning and one or two batsmen need to stay at the wicket to score runs," Inzamam said.

He said young talent playing in this tournament should take cue from how senior players build partnerships and then press the accelerator.

"I don't see a big difference in Twenty20 and the 50 over game. No doubt, it's a shorter version, but the players have got to apply themselves well even in this format of the game," he opined.

Asked about Brian Lara's failure in the tournament, Haq said "he's a great player. It happens sometimes you don't click".

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Inzamam criticises Younis on the captains" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

amrit23

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 10 December 2007 at 6:52am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 11 December 2007 at 6:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by amrit23

thnx 4 the article
i feel younis khan jus doesnt want to b the captain, he feels its a burden not a not a responsibility to b proud of

oh yea!

ur absolutely right.. but i know that he is a very responsible player..he doesn't lyke harsh critism and thats probably why he does not want to be the captain.

amrit23

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:53am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

farisss4

IF-Dazzler

farisss4

Posted: 14 December 2007 at 1:03am | IP Logged
i think malik shud remain the captain and some time shud be given 2 him...he is young and will develop dis art later or sooner...and cmon unis played so well under his captaincy...he led from the front and score hundreds against d indians.. Tongue Big smile Wink

coolsonu

IF-Rockerz

coolsonu

Posted: 14 December 2007 at 9:55am | IP Logged
Y the PCB always forces captaincy on Younus wen he doesnt really want to lead the team??!! Confused He might b a very good leader...but wen he himself doesnt want do captain the side...then plz leave it!!ConfusedWenever Younus is made the captain, he does sumthing really annoying...he seaks in the press conference of things which shud b kept in the room!This clearly shows he doesnt like to b the captain!!
     I like Younus as captain but I dont really want him to lead our team...coz he is a very emotional person...doesn't know wat to hide n wat to tell...his statements really create a controversy every time wen he's the captain..! For this reason, I quite like Shoaib malik...he knows wat he has to say and wat not..wat he has to tell the world and wat he has keep it to himself!!
    I want Malik to continue as captain wid Misbah as his deputy!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top