*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 08 December 2007 at 4:54am | IP Logged

Shoaib Akhtar sent to hospital for MRI

George Binoy in Bangalore

December 8, 2007

Shoaib managed just ten overs halfway through day one AFP/font>

Shoaib Akhtar, the Pakistan fast bowler, was taken to hospital for an MRI scan after suffering back pain during the first day of the final Test against India in Bangalore. The scan revealed no injury but he has been experiencing muscle spasms and will not take further part in play on the first day. He will be assessed on Sunday morning.

Shoaib bowled four overs in his first spell before going off the field at the end of the seventh over, during which he showed discomfort while bowling. He came back on after Gautam Gambhir was dismissed in the eighth over but once again left the field after bowling the ninth. He bowled eight overs in the first session and managed two more after the break before once again leaving the field at the end of the 32nd over.

Akhtar, 32, took six wickets in Delhi and two in Kolkata, where he played with a chest infection.

George Binoy is an editorial assistant at Cricinfo

Cricinfo

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shoaib Akhtar sent to hospital for MRI" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 08 December 2007 at 4:55am | IP Logged

he is playing today's match...isn't he?Confused....i m confused now..anywys lets hope that he gets fit

Edited by *Fiza* - 08 December 2007 at 5:02am

HaUnTeDfReAk

HaUnTeDfReAk

Posted: 08 December 2007 at 5:16am | IP Logged
he is playing in a way..he was out of the field after sum time..

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 08 December 2007 at 5:31am | IP Logged

Originally posted by HaUnTeDfReAk

aah i see..thanks for telling.. i don't have sports channel so i don't know wots happeningCry

HaUnTeDfReAk

HaUnTeDfReAk

Posted: 11 December 2007 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Fiza*

Originally posted by HaUnTeDfReAk

aah i see..thanks for telling.. i don't have sports channel so i don't know wots happeningCry

yr welcum..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top