Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Anuradha

IF-Veteran Member

Anuradha

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 11:42am | IP Logged

Many of us work for various companies in an expectation that the company will do something in return for us.. They give salary and promotions.. After getting few months of training, we start slogging for the company.. We also work day and night.. But some get their dues while others do not..

Two employee joinied the company at the same time.. One got promoted very soon while the other had to wait for years.. Both work for the same hours and produce the same output.. The only difference where it lies, is the presentation skills.. Employee A presented himself in such a way that he got noticed much before Employee B got his recognition.. But Employee B is equally talented as Employee A.. It also happens that one employee gets more than what he deserves just because of his presentation abilities..

So, what is important to survive in a company and get recognized?? The presentation skills or Hard work??

Is only presentation skills sufficient to get the success??

If one does not posses the presentation abilities but he is hard working, then is he not deprived of what he deserves??

If you are an employer, then what would you see in a person to give his due promotion??

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Presentation Skills Vs Hardwork" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 12:16pm | IP Logged

Good topic Anu!!!Smile

Originally posted by Anu.Rad

So, what is important to survive in a company and get recognized?? The presentation skills or Hard work??

BothSmile

Is only presentation skills sufficient to get the success??

No, there has to be some work done to present it

If one does not posses the presentation abilities but he is hard working, then is he not deprived of what he deserves??

sometimes it happened but yes.. this is unfortunate, but true some people who work and able to present it more than its worth are in best position

If you are an employer, then what would you see in a person to give his due promotion??

Total productivity . Personal attributes are soft qualities which need to maintain work environement which eventually help in overall  productivity. If a person is hardworking but a lousy team worker , he eventually reduces the overall input.Smile

Edited by Morning_Dew - 06 December 2007 at 12:17pm

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
hey anu! LTNS!

i think presentation skills AND hard work is the key.. atleast that's what my experience tells me. The former w/o latter will one day be noticed and progress will stunt. The latter w/o former is not effective either. Hence for a prolonged and guranteed success, one must not undermine either.   

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Similar topic ... Smart Vs Hard Workhttp://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=670805

I would say both are important presentation skills and hard work.Hard work makes you productive plus competitive while presentation skills get you promotions and raises Wink LOL LOL

Anuradha

IF-Veteran Member

Anuradha

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 7:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Similar topic ... Smart Vs Hard Workhttp://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=670805

I would say both are important presentation skills and hard work.Hard work makes you productive plus competitive while presentation skills get you promotions and raises Wink LOL LOL

Exactly!! sadly those who do not posses these skills do not get noticed.. they stay were they had started.. So, wat if one does all the hard work and posses talent while he lacks presentation skills?? Ouch

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 07 December 2007 at 8:12am | IP Logged
I think somewere we are confusing between brown nosing and presentaton skills here. The latter are utmost essential. If ne doesn't have them, one must acquire them. Brown nosing on the other hand, which sometimes gets people ahead in the rat race is really sick!

souro

souro

Posted: 07 December 2007 at 8:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

I think somewere we are confusing between brown nosing and presentaton skills here. The latter are utmost essential. If ne doesn't have them, one must acquire them. Brown nosing on the other hand, which sometimes gets people ahead in the rat race is really sick!

I agree with you, I felt the same way when I read all the posts. Presentation is a skill and one has to work hard to acquire it. Presentation skill is not just to impress one's boss but to impress one's client. So, obviously one who have this skill deserves better than the others who lack it. And it's not the same as buttering.

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 07 December 2007 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Thanks Soumya Smile . well-said @ the reasons why presentation skills are essential.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top