.:.:.ICL House.:.:.

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago
This is for all info on Kapil Dev's ICL!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umi82990 thumbnail

ICL 20-20 Indian Championship, 2007/08 Matches:

1st Match: Chandigarh Lions v Delhi Jets at Panchkula - Nov 30, 2007
Chandigarh Lions won by 8 runs
Chandigarh Lions 134 (20/20 ov); Delhi Jets 126/6 (20/20 ov)

Scorecard | Commentary | Bulletin

2nd Match: Chennai Superstars v Kolkata Tigers at Panchkula - Dec 1, 2007
Chennai Superstars won by 6 runs
Chennai Superstars 140/5 (20/20 ov); Kolkata Tigers 134/7 (20/20 ov)

Scorecard | Commentary | Bulletin | Photos

3rd Match: Mumbai Champs v Hyderabad Heroes at Panchkula - Dec 1, 2007
Hyderabad Heroes won by 33 runs
Hyderabad Heroes 121/6 (20/20 ov); Mumbai Champs 88 (18.5/20 ov)

4th Match: Delhi Jets v Hyderabad Heroes at Panchkula - Dec 2, 2007
Delhi Jets won by 5 wickets (with 14 balls remaining)
Hyderabad Heroes 141/5 (20/20 ov); Delhi Jets 143/5 (17.4/20 ov)

5th Match: Chandigarh Lions v Kolkata Tigers at Panchkula - Dec 2, 2007
Kolkata Tigers won by 43 runs
Kolkata Tigers 124 (19.3/20 ov); Chandigarh Lions 81 (17.3/20 ov)

6th Match: Chennai Superstars v Mumbai Champs at Panchkula - Dec 3, 2007
Chennai Superstars won by 38 runs
Chennai Superstars 157/8 (20/20 ov); Mumbai Champs 119 (18.5/20 ov)

7th Match: Chandigarh Lions v Hyderabad Heroes at Panchkula - Dec 5, 2007
Chandigarh Lions won by 6 wickets (with 22 balls remaining)
Hyderabad Heroes 134/7 (20/20 ov); Chandigarh Lions 137/4 (16.2/20 ov)

8th Match: Delhi Jets v Mumbai Champs at Panchkula - Dec 7, 2007

9th Match: Chandigarh Lions v Chennai Superstars at Panchkula - Dec 8, 2007

10th Match: Delhi Jets v Kolkata Tigers at Panchkula - Dec 8, 2007

12th Match: Chandigarh Lions v Mumbai Champs at Panchkula - Dec 9, 2007

11th Match: Chennai Superstars v Hyderabad Heroes at Panchkula - Dec 9, 2007

13th Match: Mumbai Champs v Kolkata Tigers at Panchkula - Dec 10, 2007

14th Match: Chennai Superstars v Delhi Jets at Panchkula - Dec 12, 2007

15th Match: Hyderabad Heroes v Kolkata Tigers at Panchkula - Dec 12, 2007

Semi Final 1: at Tau Devi Lal Cricket Stadium, Panchkula, Chandigarh - Dec 14, 2007

5th Place Play-off: at Tau Devi Lal Cricket Stadium, Panchkula, Chandigarh - Dec 15, 2007

Semi Final 2: at Tau Devi Lal Cricket Stadium, Panchkula, Chandigarh - Dec 15, 2007

3rd Place Play-off: at Tau Devi Lal Cricket Stadium, Panchkula, Chandigarh - Dec 16, 2007

Final: at Tau Devi Lal Cricket Stadium, Panchkula, Chandigarh - Dec 16, 2007
umi82990 thumbnail

ICL 20-20 Indian Championship, 2007/08 Squads:

ICL 20-20 Indian Championship, 2007/08
Chandigarh Lions (November 14, 2007)

Chennai Superstars (November 14, 2007)

Delhi Jets (November 14, 2007)

Hyderabad Heroes (November 14, 2007)

Kolkata Tigers (November 14, 2007)

Mumbai Champs (November 14, 2007)

preethi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
thnks inf.
but it is BCCI tht is going to rep IIC na then wht is the use of ICL.
XxMadhurixX thumbnail
yeh i switched 2 zee music
n im lyk wot the hell lol
wot an odd channel 2 broadcast it on lol
cheers 4 this umi πŸ˜ƒ
*Fiza* thumbnail
lol πŸ˜† ..yeah did u watch ICL adverts on zee.... one of the advert was really hilarious...this man comes to bat and he says "stop" and the ball stops and then he ask the crowd "where do u want the ball to be hitted" it was right funny..wish that cud happen in reality too πŸ˜†.. i wud def tell afridi to throw the ball outside the stadium πŸ˜ƒ
-Chicha- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: *Fiza*

lol πŸ˜† ..yeah did u watch ICL adverts on zee.... one of the advert was really hilarious...this man comes to bat and he says "stop" and the ball stops and then he ask the crowd "where do u want the ball to be hitted" it was right funny..wish that cud happen in reality too πŸ˜†.. i wud def tell afridi to throw the ball outside the stadium πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† tht's my fav ad πŸ˜†πŸ˜† and have u seen the one Where they are draging the guy to play..b'cuz he's to scared to play with the other teams...and after he comes in the field..he's like I gotta pee πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†... and they don't let him go so he just pee on the ground πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
coolsonu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I saw a match today...Hyderabad heroes n I think it was Mumbai champs...Lara's team!!They wer playing for the 5th n 6th position!
As Inzy is not there, another guy was captaining the side..
but he seemed to b the captain just on paper..everytime u cud see him wid Azhar Mehmood,Razzaq and sumtines Nicky Boje..These 3 wer actually doing all the field placements and other things! πŸ˜†

Razzaq batted brilliantly...he scored 67 not out off 33 balls...hit 7 sixes and 1 four!! Chris Harris played well too...was unbeaten on 49!
HH won...n Razzaq got the man of the match award!!
*Fiza* thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lefty.Chicha

tht's my fav ad and have u seen the one Where they are draging the guy to play..b'cuz he's to scared to play with the other teams...and after he comes in the field..he's like I gotta pee ... and they don't let him go so he just pee on the ground

🀣..Yeahhhh......... yeah that advert is toooooooo hilirious...just imagine if it happens in realπŸ˜†

*Fiza* thumbnail
The Indian Cricket League 2007-08

An opportunity to create an identity

Nagraj Gollapudi

November 20, 2007

The presence of international stars like Nathan Astle is one of the incentives for the domestic players to join the ICL ICL

As the mauve coloured Mumbai Champs team bus started on its first promotional drive to roll out the Indian Cricket League (ICL) bandwagon last Saturday in Mumbai, one thing stood out. The slogan read: "ICL, the future of Indian cricket". This was slightly jarring: is Subhash Chandra's league really going to churn out youngsters ready and available for Indian cricket in the future? The BCCI, Indian cricket's governing body, anyway, has announced they have nothing to do with the ICL players.

Doubts persist over the veracity of ICL, but those who are a part of it have no doubt it's a noble venture. Rajesh Chauhan, the former India offspinner who left cricket in the mist of doubts over his bowling action, was one of the first men Kiran More approached earlier this summer. "I got the ICL offer from Kiran, who wanted me to begin first as a talent scout," says Chauhan, who is now the assistant coach to Sandeep Patil with the Champs. The 40-year-old Chauhan still looks in peak shape and is eager to share the knowledge he accrued playing the game at the highest level.

"Nine years after I left cricket this is the first time someone approached me" is Chauhan's prime reason for having joined ICL. He is anything but happy with the way he has been treated by the board. "I left cricket nine years ago but nobody from the BCCI or anyone involved with cricket talked to me or expressed their desire to take my help. I never got any support," says Chauhan, who now lives in Bhilai, a small town in Madhya Pradesh, and has an academy there.

Chauhan elaborates on what he feels was mistreatment from the BCCI. "I tried to give back to the game, but no-one was willing to open their doors." By bringing Chauhan, and others like him, on board, the ICL has given these players a sense of worth.

Robin Morris, once an upcoming allrounder for Mumbai, played his last first-class game three years ago - an Irani Trophy match, the first game of the 2004-05 season. "I took eight wickets in the match, but while fielding I suffered an injury to my right shoulder. Even though I was in pain I bowled 46 overs," reminisces Morris as he takes his lunch in the makeshift dressing room in a corner of the Western Railway ground. The injury aggravated and Morris had to take time off to recuperate. "Not one person from the Mumbai Cricket Association bothered to call me and consult me about my injury."

Just few months into the ICL fold, and Morris is already at home. "If ICL had been around three years ago, I would've joined without any hesitation. ICL is a very well-organised system" says Morris, who sees plenty of difference between the set-up back in the Mumbai training sessions and the ones at ICL. "There was no professionalism when I was playing for Mumbai. Thirty players would gather at the ground and there would be random chances with both bat and ball, but not enough. Here everybody gets fair opportunity."

Kiran Powar, a domestic veteran who has represented four states - Mumbai, Assam, Goa and Baroda - in his decade-long career says the difference between domestic cricket and the ICL is huge. "The amount of information we get from the backroom staff is such an eye-opener that now we think if we had had access to the same five years ago, we could've even played for the country."

Morris points out another vital difference. "There are international stars [at the practice] like [Nathan] Astle and [Johan] van der Wath who point out where we are good and where we might be going wrong." The international stars, even if they are retired, are a big attraction to the domestic players in the ICL. Dheeraj Jadhav, part of the India Test squad two years ago, believes the level of competition he'll face from the "well-balanced sides" in the ICL will stand him in good stead. "The competitive cricket I'll get to play at the ICL will help me boost my performance and it doesn't matter if I get a chance to play for India or not. That's another story."

Jadhav's is an interesting story. At 28, he should have ideally been plying his trade in the domestic circuit trying to fulfill the dream of playing for the country. His decision has been criticised as a rash one, but he has a different take on the matter.

"Last season, playing for Maharashtra, I played just the four-day games. Then I was dropped from the one-day team and told that I had fitness problems. Surprised, I asked them to give the fitness test, but that never happened. I missed the Deodhar Trophy and the Challenger events, which hurt my national chances. Now, should I be more bothered about doing my best to get into Test reckoning or should I divert my attention to getting back into my states squad, a state I've loyally represented from the beginning of my career?"

"Nine years after I left cricket this is the first time someone approached me," says Rajesh Chauhan, about ICL's offer ICL

Even if the ICL had not happened, Jadhav, who captains Air India, his regular employer, had made up his mind to quit Maharashtra. He doesn't deny that money was an important factor in his making up his mind. In retrospect, Jadhav might have perhaps taken too hasty a decision, but he is not lamenting. "As a professional cricketer I did take into account the money factor and it definitely counted a lot in my deciding in favour of the ICL."

The financial aspect has been a big factor in many domestic players signing on ICL's dotted line. Each player has a contract of three years, with the rates varying according to the stature of the player. Unconfirmed reports suggest that players of Jadhav's stature might be getting anywhere in the range of around Rs 80 lakhs. Apart from this, the players also receive Rs 2000 as daily allowance (state associations pays domestic players anywhere between Rs 500-1000). If Jadhav had been representing any state, his overall earnings, including the sponsorship, would have been around Rs 15 lakh.

Says Jadhav: "If I perfom well, the ICL people have assured me of their full backing." Jadhav doesn't want to discuss the fine print, but is confident that ICL will deliver. Morris and Powar say that it's the exposure and the feeling of walking out with the likes of Brian Lara (whose absence at the training sessions remains grist for rumour mills) and Inzmam-ul-Haq is irresistible. "Previously no-one would know that I was playing out there. With ICL I know that people will recognise me," says Morris with a smile.

These players could be speaking for all the domestic cricketers who opted to play for the ICL defying all the threats and bans of the BCCI. The ICL has given them a second life. A life where they see an opportunity to create an identity for themselves.

Nagraj Gollapudi is an assistant editor at Cricinfo

Cricinfo