Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 25

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Sure thats a good principle in life to take it lying back since.. But generally you can always isolate teh cause adn effect, the question is why "you".. its like this now you are debating with me.. why "you" when the cause is there for anyone to take off from.. So the domino thing is a good excuse.. but there are deterministic causalities which fail the causal principle as well..

It's not about taking things lying back, it's about accepting that thing's didn't go right this time so try again or maybe try something else. And as for why it's me that's debating with you, cause is:

A primate evolved to call themselves Homo sapiens. They have an inquisitive and imaginative brain. This imagination gave him the idea of the presence of some supernatural force and the inquisitive side doubted it and started debating over it.

Now the inquisitive and imaginative sides of the brain working together also comes up with various beautiful ideas. Many such ideas starting from the invention of the wheel, language and the properties of heat, gave rise to the inventions of electricity, computer, worldwide web.

Now to the next part, the brain had also invented something called the television, and the imaginative part had always imagined about events which we call storiesassumptions without proof. People began enacting those stories on the TV which became serial. One such serial was Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi.

A guy named Vijay saw JJKN and thought about discussing it, a function of the inquisitve side. So, he opened a site called India-forums, where a section called Debate Mansion also came to exist, a function of the imaginative side. Along came several members (a function of our social nature) which also includes souro, qwertyesque and amrit23 (the thread originator).

The idea of debate over the presence of the supernatural force entered the brain of amrit23 and she thought of writing it down and posting it. Souro chose to respond to it and so did qwertyesque. Qwertyesque also chose to start a debate with souro and souro chose to reply to qwertyesque's questions.

And now souro chooses to shut up otherwise people will think he has got several loose screws hampering his proper brain mechanism. Hope souro was able to make the concept clear to qwertyesque. Tongue Big smile

Isnt it more a figment of imagination than well-defined causes....LOL..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you Believe in GOD? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 2:49pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

I was an atheist for a long time during my teens. At that time I found myself disillusioned by the heavily religious conceptualization of God. As I grew older and sought more answers I have found a personal more interpretative definition of God. Ever since then I have found a deeper sense of faith and it has not been shattered or wavered by anything. I think faith is stronger when people find their own ground, rather than be taught to conform to a viewpoint.

the question here is does that god of yours have twp hands and legs and a face?Smile

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 3:22pm | IP Logged

I was an atheist for a long time during my teens. At that time I found myself disillusioned by the heavily religious conceptualization of God. As I grew older and sought more answers I have found a personal more interpretative definition of God. Ever since then I have found a deeper sense of faith and it has not been shattered or wavered by anything. I think faith is stronger when people find their own ground, rather than be taught to conform to a viewpoint.

the question here is does that god of yours have twp hands and legs and a face?Smile

My two cents Big smile

The believer is happy. The doubter is wise.

Problem over???LOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 11:35pm | IP Logged

Absolutely not! That is so human. My God is FSM. I conform merely in fear of the what tentacles can do.

souro

souro

Posted: 07 December 2007 at 6:53am | IP Logged

This is the reply I get after writing such a long post.Ouch

Don't want to argue over this anymore but would sure like to know your version of, why we were debating??Tongue

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 07 December 2007 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

This is the reply I get after writing such a long post.Ouch

Don't want to argue over this anymore but would sure like to know your version of, why we were debating??Tongue

Ok the reason i said is because i have defending a lack of cause for certain things which is why i said you were just creating causes... i didnt mean to be terse... but that statement of mine drove the whole point...

given different people in the same situation some people do certain things which mostly doesnt defend causality something similar to what LH said above...Smile

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 07 December 2007 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
I guess the reason that I say people who believe in God must also believe in demons is simply cos most people think in terms of a good versus evil force out there Bt it's a whole different thing to say that U think evil exists without the presence of good. Embarrassed

It's like people have stoped accepting the responsibility of their wrong doings n any wrong doing is blamed on something called Satan. Same way with God. Embarrassed

The question, I guess, is for people who already have a firm belief in God? I keep forgetting that Confused

Edited by Believe - 07 December 2007 at 10:44pm

Himmi_K

IF-Dazzler

Himmi_K

Posted: 08 December 2007 at 2:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by amrit23

as many times we come across such a situation in r lives that r faith in god is sometimes shaken by the difficulties n the problms we face

have u been in any kind of such situation? is there any such time in ur life when u longed 4 something but god didnt grant it to u?

i know this famous quote "if god answere ur prayers he is increasing faith in u.if he delays ur prayers he is increasing patience in u n if he doesnt listen to ur prayers he has something better 4 u"

do u beleive in this?

waiting 4 u repliesSmile

Hey Amrit,
Nice Topic!!!

Well, when it comes to life and my faith in God, i consider myself very selfish.
I do not perform Puja on daily basis but i know i should. Prayers are not only to convey your wishes and longings to The God who we all believe keeps the power to fulfill them but also to offer your gratitude for all the good and/or bad times that he had shown you as good times made you love your life in more ways than one and bad times taught you so many things that you were unaware of.

as i write this, i feel ashamed of myself for preaching you all and not following it myself.

i turn to Him when i need him, when He remains to be the only one whom i can speak to.
i turn to Him with a desperation and hope that he will make a miracle to happen and all my problems would go away with a whoosh.......
i turn to Him when i am badly stuck up and i am sad, depressed and pessimistic best.

i forget him when i am facing the happier times of my life, when i am with my chattering family, when i am with my friends, when i am daydreaming about my future..and so on......

This gratitude remains in heart and i lure myself into thinking that He is great mind reader and hence he knows that i am thank ful and i need not show it anyways.

but all said and done, i believe in Him more each passing day. There have been times when i was on the verge of death or when i thought i had lost everything. i was angry with Him, i shouted at Him for leaving me in lurch.....but at the end of a fine day when every problem, every ounce of pain vanished, i knew it was Him.
Though, i was angry and so many times asked him as to why i was being punished this way, i knew He would make it better. The belief and faith has always been there, through thick and thin...it just got restored to even higher ranges by each sad and unsuccessful event.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top