qwertyesque

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by amrit23

as many times we come across such a situation in r lives that r faith in god is sometimes shaken by the difficulties n the problms we face

have u been in any kind of such situation? is there any such time in ur life when u longed 4 something but god didnt grant it to u?

i know this famous quote "if god answere ur prayers he is increasing faith in u.if he delays ur prayers he is increasing patience in u n if he doesnt listen to ur prayers he has something better 4 u"

do u beleive in this?

waiting 4 u repliesSmile

The only time I pray to god is when India's playing a cricket match.Big smile Otherwise I believe in cause and effect, whether I get something or I don't it's because of something I did right or wrong with external forces factored in.

The God comes into picture in the cause and effect situation - and the question is not why that effect, the question would be why "you"..are the subject of that effect, is it your past karma?...Smile

What I meant was I never blame God for something that I don't get. I believe that it was because of something that I have done which was wrong or didn't go completely right, though I may never find out what went wrong. Similarly, when I do get something, I'm like 'Thank God' and all, but I'm also aware of the fact of what I did right to get it. I never pray to God to give me something, I can't explain it but I don't like the idea of praying for something. It's something like, if I can't do anything for God then why should I always pray for favours, and even if I do something maybe by helping others or whatever, why should I expect a return favour. It's just something that I've noticed in many people around me and I don't quite like it.

its not always true that cause and effect are related.. there are a lot of ironic things in this world which can defy cause and effect all together....Knowing what you did right or wrong is merely probabilisitic and not a certainty...

Of course you dont hve to thank god or ask for favors or even acknowledge his existence... to nullify the belief anyways.....Smile who would think that 10 year old is suffering from cancer.. when she looked aparently healthy...like 99% of the other 10 year olds...

That's why I said external forces factored in. Nothing happens because of only me and my actions, there are so many external factors involved and I'm only a part of it, sort of like a domino effect and I'm just one domino. So it'd be foolish to actually blame others for what happened since I was also a part of it. Better to accept it as it is and move ahead.Sure thats a good principle in life to take it lying back since.. But generally you can always isolate teh cause adn effect, the question is why "you".. its like this now you are debating with me.. why "you" when the cause is there for anyone to take off from.. So the domino thing is a good excuse.. but there are deterministic causalities which fail the causal principle as well..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you Believe in GOD? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Originally posted by amrit23

as many times we come across such a situation in r lives that r faith in god is sometimes shaken by the difficulties n the problms we face

have u been in any kind of such situation? is there any such time in ur life when u longed 4 something but god didnt grant it to u?

i know this famous quote "if god answere ur prayers he is increasing faith in u.if he delays ur prayers he is increasing patience in u n if he doesnt listen to ur prayers he has something better 4 u"

do u beleive in this?

waiting 4 u repliesSmile

I know of one thing that believing in God does to everyone for sure - Feel good factor. !!! Even in a horrible situation , man will logic it out by saying it like the famous quote above.  Look at the big picture of the universe - no one is entitled to anything just because they have a place in it. Smile 

beautifully said LH... you have a way with words...Smile

sasiddiqui

sasiddiqui

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
Personally, I really do think God exists. Why he doesn't speak to us or show us that he exists is his own reasons. If we study science and even a little math (Two subjects I am absolutely horrible in Wink LOL ) we can see that he exists. Look at the position of the earth. If it were a little more towards the sun, we would burn. If it were farther away, we would freeze. That is just one example.

My opinion is, how you believe in God should only matter to you. Religions can some time take a little bit extreme.

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 8:06pm | IP Logged

beautifully said LH... you have a way with words...Smile

Thank you Qwertoo..Embarrassed I am eyeing your ID now..LOL

I care that you appreciate as I have learnt a lot from you too. Tongue

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
I was an atheist for a long time during my teens. At that time I found myself disillusioned by the heavily religious conceptualization of God. As I grew older and sought more answers I have found a personal more interpretative definition of God. Ever since then I have found a deeper sense of faith and it has not been shattered or wavered by anything. I think faith is stronger when people find their own ground, rather than be taught to conform to a viewpoint.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 12:52am | IP Logged
God to me is the most loving, supreme person...I know he is there and watching me.but I always fail to reach him, most of the time atleast.....
Confused
I believe one of the best ways to love god is to love his humanity and devote yourself selflessly to it's service.
Remember,god resides in one and all,u never know in what form he's seeing u.So,love all equally,without any prejudice of colour,caste,creed or economic strata,the last of which we usually forget.... Embarrassed

souro

souro

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 3:19am | IP Logged

Yes the question is why does it collapse for that child.. is there some karma either for the child or parents in play?

Every murderer or shoot will lap up this idea..LOL. btw i was talking about intentional shooting not collateral damage...

There can be so many reasons for why it collapsed. Now I don't want to enter the domain of medical research, maybe Tallyho can explain that to you. Only thing I know is nothing happens without a reason, everything has a cause, every cause has an effect and every effect in turn acts as a cause and starts a whole new system of chain reaction.

I'm not saying that the murderer was less responsible or anything. See, even in intentional and pre-planned killing the victim had a choice of being at some place else but he chose to be there, so he also had a part to play in the whole events.

souro

souro

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 3:51am | IP Logged

Sure thats a good principle in life to take it lying back since.. But generally you can always isolate teh cause adn effect, the question is why "you".. its like this now you are debating with me.. why "you" when the cause is there for anyone to take off from.. So the domino thing is a good excuse.. but there are deterministic causalities which fail the causal principle as well..

It's not about taking things lying back, it's about accepting that thing's didn't go right this time so try again or maybe try something else. And as for why it's me that's debating with you, cause is:

A primate evolved to call themselves Homo sapiens. They have an inquisitive and imaginative brain. This imagination gave him the idea of the presence of some supernatural force and the inquisitive side doubted it and started debating over it.

Now the inquisitive and imaginative sides of the brain working together also comes up with various beautiful ideas. Many such ideas starting from the invention of the wheel, language and the properties of heat, gave rise to the inventions of electricity, computer, worldwide web.

Now to the next part, the brain had also invented something called the television, and the imaginative part had always imagined about events which we call stories. People began enacting those stories on the TV which became serial. One such serial was Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi.

A guy named Vijay saw JJKN and thought about discussing it, a function of the inquisitve side. So, he opened a site called India-forums, where a section called Debate Mansion also came to exist, a function of the imaginative side. Along came several members (a function of our social nature) which also includes souro, qwertyesque and amrit23 (the thread originator).

The idea of debate over the presence of the supernatural force entered the brain of amrit23 and she thought of writing it down and posting it. Souro chose to respond to it and so did qwertyesque. Qwertyesque also chose to start a debate with souro and souro chose to reply to qwertyesque's questions.

And now souro chooses to shut up otherwise people will think he has got several loose screws hampering his proper brain mechanism. Hope souro was able to make the concept clear to qwertyesque. Tongue Big smile

Edited by souro - 06 December 2007 at 4:05am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top