Page   of 25
Page 3 Page 25

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by amrit23

as many times we come across such a situation in r lives that r faith in god is sometimes shaken by the difficulties n the problms we face

have u been in any kind of such situation? is there any such time in ur life when u longed 4 something but god didnt grant it to u?

i know this famous quote "if god answere ur prayers he is increasing faith in u.if he delays ur prayers he is increasing patience in u n if he doesnt listen to ur prayers he has something better 4 u"

do u beleive in this?

waiting 4 u repliesSmile

The only time I pray to god is when India's playing a cricket match.Big smile Otherwise I believe in cause and effect, whether I get something or I don't it's because of something I did right or wrong with external forces factored in.

The God comes into picture in the cause and effect situation - and the question is not why that effect, the question would be why "you"..are the subject of that effect, is it your past karma?...Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you Believe in GOD? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

souro

souro

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

as many times we come across such a situation in r lives that r faith in god is sometimes shaken by the difficulties n the problms we face

have u been in any kind of such situation? is there any such time in ur life when u longed 4 something but god didnt grant it to u?

i know this famous quote "if god answere ur prayers he is increasing faith in u.if he delays ur prayers he is increasing patience in u n if he doesnt listen to ur prayers he has something better 4 u"

do u beleive in this?

waiting 4 u repliesSmile

The only time I pray to god is when India's playing a cricket match.Big smile Otherwise I believe in cause and effect, whether I get something or I don't it's because of something I did right or wrong with external forces factored in.

The God comes into picture in the cause and effect situation - and the question is not why that effect, the question would be why "you"..are the subject of that effect, is it your past karma?...Smile

What I meant was I never blame God for something that I don't get. I believe that it was because of something that I have done which was wrong or didn't go completely right, though I may never find out what went wrong. Similarly, when I do get something, I'm like 'Thank God' and all, but I'm also aware of the fact of what I did right to get it. I never pray to God to give me something, I can't explain it but I don't like the idea of praying for something. It's something like, if I can't do anything for God then why should I always pray for favours, and even if I do something maybe by helping others or whatever, why should I expect a return favour. It's just something that I've noticed in many people around me and I don't quite like it.

And as for why me, of course if I caused something or was a part in causing it, I can't expect the effect to be on others.

Edited by souro - 05 December 2007 at 8:22am

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 8:24am | IP Logged

do u beleive in this?

waiting 4 u repliesSmile

What I meant was I never blame God for something that I don't get. I believe that it was because of something that I have done which was wrong or didn't go completely right, though I may never find out what went wrong. Similarly, when I do get something, I'm like 'Thank God' and all, but I'm also aware of the fact of what I did right to get it. I never pray to God to give me something, I can't explain it but I don't like the idea of praying for something. It's something like, if I can't do anything for God then why should I always pray for favours, and even if I do something maybe by helping others or whatever, why should I expect a return favour. It's just something that I've noticed in many people around me and I don't quite like it.

its not always true that cause and effect are related.. there are a lot of ironic things in this world which can defy cause and effect all together....Knowing what you did right or wrong is merely probabilisitic and not a certainty...

Of course you dont hve to thank god or ask for favors or even acknowledge his existence... to nullify the belief anyways.....Smile who would think that 10 year old is suffering from cancer.. when she looked aparently healthy...like 99% of the other 10 year olds...

As and being part of causing something is never perceived in isolation.. Several people might be involved... so the question will still remain why me!!!?

Why is the above 10 year old suffering from terminal illness when there are so many other who are thankfully not....

Also if you shoot someone although you are the cause the effect is on others and remote others isnt it?

Edited by qwertyesque - 05 December 2007 at 8:29am

souro

souro

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 8:34am | IP Logged

do u beleive in this?

waiting 4 u repliesSmile

its not always true that cause and effect are related.. there are a lot of ironic things in this world which can defy cause and effect all together....Knowing what you did right or wrong is merely probabilisitic and not a certainty...

Of course you dont hve to thank god or ask for favors or even acknowledge his existence... to nullify the belief anyways.....Smile who would think that 10 year old is suffering from cancer.. when she looked aparently healthy...like 99% of the other 10 year olds...

That's why I said external forces factored in. Nothing happens because of only me and my actions, there are so many external factors involved and I'm only a part of it, sort of like a domino effect and I'm just one domino. So it'd be foolish to actually blame others for what happened since I was also a part of it. Better to accept it as it is and move ahead.

souro

souro

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 8:46am | IP Logged

As and being part of causing something is never perceived in isolation.. Several people might be involved... so the question will still remain why me!!!?

Why is the above 10 year old suffering from terminal illness when there are so many other who are thankfully not....

Also if you shoot someone although you are the cause the effect is on others and remote others isnt it?

You added this part later so I'm responding to it separately.

Why is that particular child suffering from cancer or for that matter any other illness?? Obviously because something went wrong with his body system. Now if his body system collapses, we can't expect another child to fall sick.

As for the other example of shooting someone. The person died not only because I shot him but also because he was present at that place at that time, which was caused by him. So he was a part of the process or cause. Whereas my action was shooting him, which I caused and now the effect is that I'm a murderer.

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 8:51am | IP Logged

Only once, when my father who was almost healthy died with in  9 days of illness.

do u beleive in this?

I believe in God who was/is always  there for me to protect and to help, evenif cannot see can feel the presence

waiting 4 u repliesSmile

Edited by nitasuni - 05 December 2007 at 8:53am

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 10:57am | IP Logged

do u beleive in this?

waiting 4 u repliesSmile

I know of one thing that believing in God does to everyone for sure - Feel good factor. !!! Even in a horrible situation , man will logic it out by saying it like the famous quote above.  Look at the big picture of the universe - no one is entitled to anything just because they have a place in it. Smile 

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 05 December 2007 at 3:50pm | IP Logged

You added this part later so I'm responding to it separately.

Why is that particular child suffering from cancer or for that matter any other illness?? Obviously because something went wrong with his body system. Now if his body system collapses, we can't expect another child to fall sick.Yes the question is why does it collapse for that child.. is there some karma either for the child or parents in play?

As for the other example of shooting someone. The person died not only because I shot him but also because he was present at that place at that time, which was caused by him. So he was a part of the process or cause. Whereas my action was shooting him, which I caused and now the effect is that I'm a murderer.Every murderer or shoot will lap up this idea..LOL. btw i was talking about intentional shooting not collateral damage...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top