Do you Believe in GOD? (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 25

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 15 June 2009 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

But Labib, why would you want to associate yourself with a religion when you question/disbelieve or are unsure of its basic foundational beliefs? You question the existence of God, the creationist stories, etc, then why do you want to be called a Muslim is my question.

Just a thought, no offense intended. Smile

I know that this is directed at Labib, but just adding a few cents since I know quite a few people who identify with a religion and prefer to be known as follower of said religion even though they disagree a lot with popular tenets. Two reasons that are prominent. On is that religion is not merely a religion but a socio-cultural identity for people raised under a certain religion. No matter what that identity is preserved. Secondly, many people interpret religion in their own way or believe that religion adapts with time. Even though they may not subscribe to the popular beliefs, they truly feels that their religion and God allow them the freedom of interpretation or that for a religion to be viable it ought not stick to old fashioned beliefs.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_VeilMindbender

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you Believe in GOD? (Page 10)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 15 June 2009 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

But Labib, why would you want to associate yourself with a religion when you question/disbelieve or are unsure of its basic foundational beliefs? You question the existence of God, the creationist stories, etc, then why do you want to be called a Muslim is my question.

Just a thought, no offense intended. Smile

I know that this is directed at Labib, but just adding a few cents since I know quite a few people who identify with a religion and prefer to be known as follower of said religion even though they disagree a lot with popular tenets. Two reasons that are prominent. On is that religion is not merely a religion but a socio-cultural identity for people raised under a certain religion. No matter what that identity is preserved. Secondly, many people interpret religion in their own way or believe that religion adapts with time. Even though they may not subscribe to the popular beliefs, they truly feels that their religion and God allow them the freedom of interpretation or that for a religion to be viable it ought not stick to old fashioned beliefs.

Yup !

Actually, i have always believed religion to be more related with socio-cultural identity more than anything else. It cannot show us the perfect path to follow can it?

I mean, those who wrote those books or made those religions were also humans only no?

Super-Computer

Groupbie

Super-Computer

Posted: 16 June 2009 at 3:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

On what premises are the conditions for the two cases determined? I do not see why existence of God needs high frequency of positive events or that free will determines absence of God. Whats the rationale behind the test conditions?

*Processing, please wait*

user "return to hades" argument "high frequency of good events proves god is not necessary/not logical according to me" and "free will determining absence of god is also not necessary"
question"What is the rationale behind these conditions"

my answer:"conditions based on assumption god is there to protect the population"
however:"population must look after themselves"
then theory:"god created population and population to be self sustaining" is true
but new question is:"where is god?"
your answer?
"

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 16 June 2009 at 5:40am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Angelic_J

IF-Veteran Member

Angelic_J

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 16 June 2009 at 6:41am | IP Logged

I believe in god 100%Tongue In life you need to have faith, it does not matter where you place it. Some people place their faith in science and some like me place it in godBig smile

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 16 June 2009 at 7:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Angelic_J

I believe in god 100%Tongue In life you need to have faith, it does not matter where you place it.
It cud also mean that man created God as he needed to have faith Ermm

Angelic_J

IF-Veteran Member

Angelic_J

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 16 June 2009 at 7:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by Angelic_J

I believe in god 100%Tongue In life you need to have faith, it does not matter where you place it.
It cud also mean that man created God as he needed to have faith Ermm

Actually that could very well be 100% trueTongue In fact I do think god is man madeLOL but if ur faith in him gets u through life, there shouldn't be any problem with believing in him EVEN if he is man-madeBig smile

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 16 June 2009 at 7:20am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top