Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 03 December 2007 at 2:38pm | IP Logged

saat shir akaal!

well do you guys think both girls and boys are pressured to become the best in punjabi families!!... i mean like the parents always want their kids to be doctors and not singers or artiste orr wagera... i think girls are more pressured to study and then get married and have kids!!

what do you think!

lub manai

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kids Being Pressured" in Punjabi Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jassiee.

IF-Rockerz

jassiee.

Posted: 03 December 2007 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Yeah, it totally sucks!! But, luckilly my parents dont pressure me a lot so im happy... but like my aunts and uncles want my cousins to be liek lawuyers and doctors and liek whtever... If I hadd pressuring parents.. I wud juss give up and not study at all !
But, I dunnoe mor ethen my parents I find my older brother pressuring cause he's likee alwayyss telling me to study and not going on IF...
But then again I think parents pressure is cause they care abouttt our future

_sukhi_

IF-Rockerz

_sukhi_

Posted: 03 December 2007 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
My parents an that dont presure me also but they want me to doo well and yes get married some day... but i dont think they would force or anything like that.... ma mum even said to me but... most kids would just take advantage of the fact that u have so much freedom an miss use it.... which is wrong i think..

@Jassie. but ur brother wants u too doo gud na.. i mean he probz thinks that its a waste of time u aint gonna get anything out of it its understandable i used to do the same to my sisters... but then i joined lol... but i doo want ma sisters to do well an if they just playing games all day i would tell them to do some work n that.. coz thats the only time they can do well coz later it just gets harder n harder...

@Manai. i dont think its just girls who are presured guys are also... it really depends on the parents...like my masser when ma cousins were small he wouldnt even let them rest for 5 mins hes like ja kam kar if u done ur work learn something newwww an omg they used to do that... the only time they used to relax was when someones here or if they gone to someones house... but the end result they are doing really well now earning loadssss of paisa... but i think needs to be a balanced system... i mean what punjabi parents doo aint wrong.... they just want things better for their child coz they never had that type of learning... i mean most punjabi parents from india just finish skool an start working some have done well have some businesses n that... but not most... thats why bacheya should studyyy hehe... Tongue

Jazzzy

Goldie

Jazzzy

Posted: 03 December 2007 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
i think both boys and girls are pressured evenly by indian parents in countries like canada, america, u.k. cause parents know its only when parents tell their kids to succeed that the kids will try harder and hopefully get good jobs in the future Tongue

*lucky_karen*

Goldie

*lucky_karen*

Posted: 04 December 2007 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
both guyz and girls are pressured..but for girls i think its a lil extra cuz parents want them to be educated n stuff so that even when they get married they can be independant..my rents are pretty strict on edu n my dad wanted me to get into sci..but its not for me i wanna go to law school but hes cool with that..now hes trying to get my sis motivated to get into sci.. LOL

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 04 December 2007 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
yeah i agree with you all!!!!!!!! our parents do want us to succeed but we do have to learn on our own make mistakes!! and try to be independent Smile

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 04 December 2007 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
its not just punjabi's..its indians in general..they love to see their kids as doctors n engineers LOL so do mine..but i don't feel any pressure cuz i wanna be a doctor anyway regardless of what my parents want me to be..so even if thye didnt want me to be a doc..i'd to still wanna be one!but i feel rly bad for those kids who r forced n pressurized..its just not fair!

dropsleaves

dropsleaves

Posted: 04 December 2007 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
i dont think so. i have never seen any

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.