Harry Potter

Snape, not like Snape.

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Yuks-

IF-Veteran Member

-Yuks-

Posted: 01 December 2007 at 11:09am | IP Logged

The other day I watched the latest HP movie, and I noticed that the Sanpe in the movie, wasn't as cruel and evil as the snape described in the book.

Like in the Occulemency scenes, in the book, Rowling makes it seem like Snape is being cruel to Harry, but in the movie, it looked like Snape was being, almost sympathetic and caring.

Anyone agree?

Yuks

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Snape, not like Snape." in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tukz_REmix

IF-Rockerz

tukz_REmix

Posted: 02 December 2007 at 1:55am | IP Logged
no.....actuallly i found him uite ok......of course dey werent mny scenens....but dere were a few of dem n i thnk alan did a vry gud job

sumera siddiqui

Goldie

sumera siddiqui

Posted: 02 December 2007 at 5:10am | IP Logged
I felt that he did a good job,but in da films they never show snape as cruel as he is described in da books Smile

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 02 December 2007 at 6:46am | IP Logged
In the books..Snape isnt shown as a CRUEL man..Indeed he is shown as a ill-tempered, sneering, jerky kind of guy..
In book5,. when he is teaching Harry Occlumency, he doesnt treat Harry CRUELLY...That is a very strong word. He does seem to make fun of Harry at time but then there are many instances when it is said "he spoke softly"...and he doesnt treat him badly when he deflected him with a stinging hex or Protego n all..he encourages him...He loses his temper only two times...when Harry dreams of the DEp of Mystries in front of him and when Hary pokes his nose into his memories...

In the movie, not much of these Occlumency lessons was shown but what they showed..It was perfect..Alan Rickman, His looks and his acting itself is just so typical of the Snape we know from the book..What more do we need?! Wink Embarrassed

chinkyshona

chinkyshona

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 6:35am | IP Logged
i agreeeeeeeeee !
i luv prof.snape. n alan rickmans suits da role perrfectly. i believe the movie is made wid the supervision of jk rowling. so nuthing cud go wrong everything is da same as the book.

pari0706

IF-Veteran Member

pari0706

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 8:42am | IP Logged
i agree completely with lakshmi snape was not bad at all in occlumency.. harry feels he is bad as harry's scar hurts after that but it wasn't snape's fault and i think snape was his best (his real form) during those lessons (in the book) so i don't think snape was horrible to harry but i found snape was being nice (as nice as he could) to lily's son for the first time and that time harry wasn't james's son

i haven't seen movie so can't comment on that

-Pari

legallyzoya

Goldie

legallyzoya

Posted: 06 December 2007 at 8:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sumera siddiqui

I felt that he did a good job,but in da films they never show snape as cruel as he is described in da books Smile

right...Smile

tukz_REmix

IF-Rockerz

tukz_REmix

Posted: 07 December 2007 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

In the books..Snape isnt shown as a CRUEL man..Indeed he is shown as a ill-tempered, sneering, jerky kind of guy..
In book5,. when he is teaching Harry Occlumency, he doesnt treat Harry CRUELLY...That is a very strong word. He does seem to make fun of Harry at time but then there are many instances when it is said "he spoke softly"...and he doesnt treat him badly when he deflected him with a stinging hex or Protego n all..he encourages him...He loses his temper only two times...when Harry dreams of the DEp of Mystries in front of him and when Hary pokes his nose into his memories...

In the movie, not much of these Occlumency lessons was shown but what they showed..It was perfect..Alan Rickman, His looks and his acting itself is just so typical of the Snape we know from the book..What more do we need?! Wink Embarrassed
i agree wid u completelyWink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top