Discussion: The Self-Realization Concept

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 28 November 2007 at 11:16pm | IP Logged

Hi friends,

At uni we had an interesting discussion about Self-Realization--The concept of the liberation of the Spirit, So i thought of sharing it here!

It's said that Self realization is the process by which any human being can realize his real self.
And what does this real self mean? It means that our soul (atman) within our body which is the real self within every being (and for that matter every living being) reaches the fag end of its cosmic life.

The word Self-Realization is commonly used in spiritual circles, and is often identified with what is known as God-Realization.

Most frequently asked questions and their answers:

-- What do you mean by the Self when you speak of Self-Realisation? Where is this Self situated?
Answer:  "It is within me."  "I seek to know my own Self."

-- Why do I seek to know my own Self?
Answer: Because I want to live in peace.

--Why do you want Self-Realisation?
Answer: To know my own Self.

In short can be said that when a person reaches this self realization state..he/she will have a perfect balance of mind and outlook!

More info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-realization

Now My questions:Big smile

• Have u heard of this concept before..?
  • Have u experienced self realization? at which age..?
  •  So How does if feel...?
  • Anything you want to add..?

Take care,
Gracella

Edited by Gracella - 28 November 2007 at 11:23pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion: The Self-Realization Concept" in Paranormal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angeleyes 2

IF-Sizzlerz

Angeleyes 2

Posted: 29 November 2007 at 2:48pm | IP Logged

Wow wat a good topic to discussClap

This should have been the DOTW. but we already have oneSmile

Have u heard of this concept before..? Yes I have

Have u experienced self realization? not quiet, but yes.

at which age..?hmm don't really remember, as I'm still learning

So How does if feel...? good to learn something about life after death

Anything you want to add..? Yes Its good to have self realization, we need to understand that we're not this body but the soul thats inside us. The soul can never be harm nor destroy but the body can. Thats where reincarnation comes in. Reincarnation happend according to karma different souls( or human being) have its own karma.

Edited by Angeleyes 2 - 29 November 2007 at 2:49pm

-x-Riddles-x-

IF-Dazzler

-x-Riddles-x-

Posted: 30 November 2007 at 1:02am | IP Logged
z0mgz, Awesomeness deep thought =D

Wink Have u heard of this concept before..? Well... I kinda knew it existed I guess... at the back of my mind... =]! LOL LOL

Have u experienced self realization? at which age..? Well... I guess in a way, like... since I realised im the only one that can guarantee to stick with myself right till the end... But it didnt feel anything like above described so Im guessing theres still something left... but hey, Im only 15... =] Tongue

So How does if feel...? +*+Cant say that for sure+*+ Embarrassed

Anything you want to add..? If i get a freechoice assesment again... =] Its gonna be on self realization... This has definetly increased my intrest in the topic =D Smile

shijhu

IF-Rockerz

shijhu

Posted: 12 December 2007 at 6:10am | IP Logged

hey gracella darling great topic am new to dis forum n i really liked da concept n everything cheers guys
da topic in itself is so vast that discussing makes it fun as well as a great channel to an entirely new world self realization so true i understand everything but how many of us just think of it once in our busy hectic schedule which we shud really do like in our house its we meditate for sm time daily my hubby is very particular abt meditation n it really helps purifying our soul we dialy bathe n clean our outer shell but how many ppl think of cleaning n purifying our soul which is da important n most important part of us

• Have u heard of this concept before..? yes i have n it played a great role in my life
    Have u experienced self realization? at which age..? i cant say it was self realization but i can say once after birth my elder kid was so ill we almost lost him so when i saw him struggling for life at such an early age i felt oh wot is dis such a small child is suffereing so much dat time i realised n started thinking wot actually a life is n wot soul means cuz my kid was struggling for life but my soul was suffering
  •  So How does if feel...?now it feels great as i am sitting n discussing n sharing my experiences with u guys
  • Anything you want to add..? rt now no later on yesBig smile

Edited by shijhu - 12 December 2007 at 6:15am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top