Punjabi Channel

Sum Tell me Sumthin abt PUnjabis>>> (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

bratz007

Goldie

bratz007

Posted: 27 November 2007 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Pinky-

Originally posted by Mad4Madhuri

All sikh are punjabi and all punjabi are sikh....Big smile Thats what I believe.Smile

not rly.. Embarrassed i m a hindu n i m punjabi!!

many ppl think that u HAVE to be sikh to be a punjabi..like even one of my punjabi friends.. she just cudnt get it..
when she found out that i m punjabi..she asked me if i was sikh, i told her i was hindu...n shes like but ur punjabi....i m like yea! and then shes like so u must be half sikh!!! LOL LOL

i think because there are sooo many sikh ppl in punjab, ppl assume that only they are punjabi..but thats not true!

to answer ur question, sikh ppl r ppl who follow sikhism. punjabi ppl could be of any religion..hindu, islam...i don't think they are christian punjabis tho lolz butppl who live in punjab..have Punjabi culture/background r punjabi :D

this is the right answer .I am a sikh.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sum Tell me Sumthin abt PUnjabis>>> (Page 2)" in Punjabi Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AnotherMiracle

IF-Dazzler

AnotherMiracle

Posted: 27 November 2007 at 10:42am | IP Logged

All sikh are punjabi and all punjabi are sikh....Big smile Thats what I believe.Smile

many ppl think that u HAVE to be sikh to be a punjabi..like even one of my punjabi friends.. she just cudnt get it..
when she found out that i m punjabi..she asked me if i was sikh, i told her i was hindu...n shes like but ur punjabi....i m like yea! and then shes like so u must be half sikh!!! LOL LOL

i think because there are sooo many sikh ppl in punjab, ppl assume that only they are punjabi..but thats not true!

to answer ur question, sikh ppl r ppl who follow sikhism. punjabi ppl could be of any religion..hindu, islam...i don't think they are christian punjabis tho lolz butppl who live in punjab..have Punjabi culture/background r punjabi :D

omg the same situation occured with me! n my friend explained it to me
coz i know this guy whoz punjabi but is Hindu of religion. So i woz like hez Sikh then...but her not. Thanks for your detailed explanation. Now I fully understand what u mean. Big smile

Edited by ~Natasha~ - 27 November 2007 at 10:43am

*lucky_karen*

Goldie

*lucky_karen*

Posted: 27 November 2007 at 11:25am | IP Logged

my friend is just like u ..she gets the same thing from ppl u dont knowWink

Jazzzy

Goldie

Jazzzy

Posted: 27 November 2007 at 12:26pm | IP Logged

when i was small, i use to think the same thing...but as i got older i understood that u dont have to be a sikh to be punjabi and u dont have to be punjabi to be sikh Tongue

whatever u said is 100% right

jassiee.

IF-Rockerz

jassiee.

Posted: 27 November 2007 at 1:50pm | IP Logged

I agree... I am half hindu and half punjabi... and I am sikh =]

Edited by crazy_craze - 27 November 2007 at 1:50pm

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 27 November 2007 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
well first i did not know but when aman said is very true!!!

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 27 November 2007 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
ur welcome Embarrassed n btw Christian ppl are also punjabi..(if they live in punjab ofcorse)..i wasn't too sure about it b4..because i thought i never came across any..but i have..i just didn't know they were christian. there are alot of Christians i my dads pind..n they r punjabi!

DB_reloaded

IF-Stunnerz

DB_reloaded

Posted: 28 November 2007 at 1:56am | IP Logged
sikkism is nt part of Hindu Religion>>>>>>

Post Reply New Post

Go to top