Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

DB_reloaded

IF-Stunnerz

DB_reloaded

Posted: 26 November 2007 at 10:23am | IP Logged
guyz wht diff between punjabis n Sikhs>>> im frm Bangaladesh im very eager 2 khw abt dis r all singhs punjabis>>>>>

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sum Tell me Sumthin abt PUnjabis>>>" in Punjabi Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

dropsleaves

dropsleaves

Posted: 26 November 2007 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
india is a country. punjab is a state in india. people who live in punjab are called punjabi. actually if you go in punjab's history, you will find almost everything related to sikhs. punjab is a state which has more number of sikhs in it. so sometimes sikhs call them that they are punjabi. but sikhs live in many parts of the world. its not important that sikh has to be punjabi. there are many other sikhs who have never been to punjab. hope you are helpedSmile

Edited by dropsleaves - 26 November 2007 at 7:03pm

bRoWn_BeAuTy

IF-Sizzlerz

bRoWn_BeAuTy

Posted: 26 November 2007 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
emm not too sure

Xx..uvt..xX

IF-Rockerz

Xx..uvt..xX

Posted: 26 November 2007 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Yup as dropsleaves said, that pretty much covers it all.. but ask away if u have any further questions! Smile

Being Punjabi can mean ur from Punjab, or that u have Punjabi culture.. and being a Sikh means u follow the religion of Sikhism.

Mad4Madhuri

Mad4Madhuri

Posted: 26 November 2007 at 10:10pm | IP Logged

All sikh are punjabi and all punjabi are sikh....Big smile Thats what I believe.Smile

Edited by Mad4Madhuri - 26 November 2007 at 10:13pm

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 26 November 2007 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mad4Madhuri

All sikh are punjabi and all punjabi are sikh....Big smile Thats what I believe.Smile

not rly.. Embarrassed i m a hindu n i m punjabi!!

many ppl think that u HAVE to be sikh to be a punjabi..like even one of my punjabi friends.. she just cudnt get it..
when she found out that i m punjabi..she asked me if i was sikh, i told her i was hindu...n shes like but ur punjabi....i m like yea! and then shes like so u must be half sikh!!! LOL LOL

i think because there are sooo many sikh ppl in punjab, ppl assume that only they are punjabi..but thats not true!

to answer ur question, sikh ppl r ppl who follow sikhism. punjabi ppl could be of any religion..hindu, islam...i don't think they are christian punjabis tho lolz butppl who live in punjab..have Punjabi culture/background r punjabi :D

Edited by -Pinky- - 26 November 2007 at 10:23pm

_sukhi_

IF-Rockerz

_sukhi_

Posted: 26 November 2007 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Pinky-

many ppl think that u HAVE to be sikh to be a punjabi..like even one of my punjabi friends.. she just cudnt get it..
when she found out that i m punjabi..she asked me if i was sikh, i told her i was hindu...n shes like but ur punjabi....i m like yea! and then shes like so u must be half sikh!!! LOL LOL

i think because there are sooo many sikh ppl in punjab, ppl assume that only they are punjabi..but thats not true!

to answer ur question, sikh ppl r ppl who follow sikhism. punjabi ppl could be of any religion..hindu, islam...i don't think they are christian punjabis tho lolz butppl who live in punjab..have Punjabi culture/background r punjabi :D

bilkul spot on Big smile

Mad4Madhuri

Mad4Madhuri

Posted: 27 November 2007 at 8:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Pinky-

I guess i was just in my own little world about thisLOL.....thanks for clearing thing upBig smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top