Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Nishtha

IF-Veteran Member

Nishtha

--

Posted: 25 November 2007 at 5:54pm | IP Logged

Hello Friends...

Today around 4:43 am Tremors shook Delhi as it was hit by a EarthQuake..on the richter scale the magnitude of Earthquake was 4:3 but it felt more as Epicentre of the quake was in and around Delhi and Haryana border.

Quake measuring 4.3 on Richter scale hits Delhi

Delhi and neighbouring areas of Uttar Pradesh and Haryana were rocked by an earthquake at 4.42 am on Monday, forcing people to rush out of their homes.

Although the earthquake was described by the Met department as one of light intensity, which measured 4.3 on the Richter scale, it felt stronger than that because the epicentre was on the Delhi-Haryana border.

People were shaken in their sleep as buildings rocked for a few seconds.

There were no immediate reports of any damage to life and property.

Besides the capital, the tremor was felt in surrounding areas such as Noida in Uttar Pradesh and Faridabad and Gurgaon in Haryana

http://www.rediff.com/news/2007/nov/26delhi.htm

Personal experience: i was in deep sleep..suddenly i thought someone is shaking my bed.very badly .so as everything in my room..you could hear the noise of the tremor,from deep sleep i;ve been thrown out of my bed ...and within second i was standing and ready to move out from my house..Dad and mum was shouting..so as my sister.Ouch

In the colony park..we could see everyone shivering..as in Delhi winter has arrrived but  people were in such hurry that they forgot to wear sweater or carry a shawl..and we were forced to be in the park in chilly winter morning .The experience i quite cant express in words so much so..that i am in mood to sleep..or ready to go back to my room..

One aunty came out of her house and shouted who is shaking my house.!! everyone shouted back..its a EARTHQUAKE ma'sm...we could see people without slippers as well..it was a Scary experience..Ouch

Few common things i have noticed ..

Tsunami came on 26th December..

Gujrat earthqake on 26th January

on 8th october 2005 earthquake came as well in Delhi and in Pakistan

and today is 26th november...all number adds up to 8!

God Bless All!!

Edited by nishtha - 25 November 2007 at 10:34pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "EarthQuake Hits Delhi ,Haryana and UP" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

UDman

Goldie

UDman

Posted: 25 November 2007 at 6:56pm | IP Logged
Wow! This is big news.... I guess nobody was injured though, because it was only a 4.3

Nishtha

IF-Veteran Member

Nishtha

--

Posted: 25 November 2007 at 10:32pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by UDman

Wow! This is big news.... I guess nobody was injured though, because it was only a 4.3

no by god grace nothing happend no damage done but..as the epicentre was Delhi so you could feel the quake..quite strongly..i never felt the way i did..today morning...it was a very very scary experience...and everyone came out of their house in hurryOuch

UDman

Goldie

UDman

Posted: 25 November 2007 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nishtha

Originally posted by UDman

no by god grace nothing happend no damage done but..as the epicentre was Delhi so you could feel the quake..quite strongly..i never felt the way i did..today morning...it was a very very scary experience...and everyone came out of their house in hurryOuch

Yeah.... normally, though, what I do when there is an earthquake, is stand beneath the threshold of a door (Meaning the entrance of the door... you know how there is molding on top of each door... under that)... research shows that that is the safest place to be when your in your house during an earthquake...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top