Meet AmberDhara off screen - An article

SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago

Hi friends,

Meet AmberDhara off screen
23 Nov 2007, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

They are conjoined twins in the TV show AmberDhara.

Naturally, they are together all the time on screen. But off screen, too, the girls are spending almost every minute together! And that's been the case for more than a year now.

Life's surely not easy for Amber and Dhara (that's how they introduce themselves these days). As per their contract with the channel, the two are supposed to make all public appearances together, which means they are not supposed to be seen alone.

Seems like a tough clause. So, what do the girls themselves have to say about their life that's taken a 360 degree turn.

"It's fun," says Kashmira Irani, the slim girl dressed in western attire, who plays Amber. Coming from Pune, Kashmira, an SYBA student, always wanted to be an actress and this was her golden opportunity. "We've both chosen this. Yes, we've been spending all the waking hours together, we are breathing each other's lives, but we are fine."

The girl who plays Dhara, the coy salwar-kameez-clad 'twin', is Sulagna Panigrahi from Delhi. An FYBCom student, Sulagna too has no complaints. No doubt they miss their families, considering they haven't really been able to go back home (even Diwali they spent standing next to each other lighting diyas and bursting crackers). But, that's a price they are willing to pay for their first break on TV. "I never dreamt I'd be an actress. I wanted to be one, but I hadn't told anybody this. I come from a background that's not connected in any way with the entertainment world," says Sulagna.

Strangely, the girls aren't yearning for privacy and space, they say. "It's good to have somebody with you all the time. I'd die if I was alone here," says Sulagna. Amber, she says, is like her sister and they do have their little tiffs too. "Just like two sisters we argue and then make up quickly," says Sulagna.

But what about personal life? Boyfriends? "No boyfriend and I don't want one either for a while. It's work right now," says Amber. And what if she does fall in love, we ask Dhara. "Oh! Then he'll have to put up with Amber," she laughs.
On a serious note, the girls have done a lot of research on conjoined twins and feel strongly about one thing: "Conjoined twins really need no sympathy. They are leading a good life. They just need to be treated normally like anybody else."

For now, the serial apart, the girls are busy rehearsing for their first stage performance. They will dance to Hum To Aise Hain Bhaiyya at a telly event. Of course, they will be joined by the hip here too because they are Amber and Dhara performing. Proper co-ordination and matching of steps is exhausting, but they are managing well. After all they have a good one year experience.

Link for the pic, as it doesn't appear, I don't know why, thought it does sometimes:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo.cms?msid=2562066

Link for the article:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Mee t_AmberDhara_off_screen/articleshow/2562048.cms

Edited by farislove - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mitesh.P thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Sony are trying to recreate the jassi effect. Jassi had to the same. Even at telly awards she would come dressed looking for armaan sir. This is practically the same idea, which brings greater awareness of the show and conjoined twins.
Minhaal thumbnail
yeah i saw an addddddd of dhara with sujal of kahin tou hoga old 1 rajeevvvvvv yhey loook cuteeeeeeeeeeee
payal_r thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i wonder how they can keep it like that
:.Roshni.: thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hehehe interesting
they might hv becum veryy close frnds cause they spend time with each other 24/7

luv ya
roshni
xxxxx
Bubbles_Rox thumbnail
awww...thats so sweet...t4s😳