Page 2 Page 2

SmarterDesiKid

IF-Sizzlerz

SmarterDesiKid

Posted: 20 November 2007 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
I'm just a bacha
maafing me if any mistake committed
BUT:

Everyone knows that no one is perfect... Elders [your elders] also fall under the category of "everyone"...
It is bad if we backtalk against elders [many people think]
Sometimes if the elder is wrong, and we know, we still must agree to show respect....
but wouldn't agreeing to something we KNOW is wrong be wrong also?
We don't tell them they're wrong, because many people think it's backtalk...
but even kids can be right...

and the thing about "don't talk when 'badde log' are talking.
How about if they're saying sumtin wrong, and you know it's wrong, but they think you're too young and to stupid to understand

so
what do you think is the "limit" of "respect your elders"?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Limit of "Respect your elders"" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 20 November 2007 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
Depend upon your own age and position in family.
If you are still dependent on your parents better listen to them .........if you think something is going wrong . let them know politely not like angry young man but follow your parents , because even if they make any mistake they will be the one to take responsibility not only theirs but to yours too Smile plus if you let them know politely before , they would consider your suggetions later......
but agar angry young man bane or respect ki boundry cross ki then nobody would like to listen anything even if you are right Smile

kabhi_21

IF-Rockerz

kabhi_21

Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:14pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by SmarterDesiKid

I'm just a bacha
maafing me if any mistake committed
BUT:

Everyone knows that no one is perfect... Elders [your elders] also fall under the category of "everyone"...
It is bad if we backtalk against elders [many people think]
Sometimes if the elder is wrong, and we know, we still must agree to show respect....
but wouldn't agreeing to something we KNOW is wrong be wrong also?
We don't tell them they're wrong, because many people think it's backtalk...
but even kids can be right...

and the thing about "don't talk when 'badde log' are talking.
How about if they're saying sumtin wrong, and you know it's wrong, but they think you're too young and to stupid to understand

so
what do you think is the "limit" of "respect your elders"?

The situation u gave suny is not of respect.... its about interfering in someone's business.... Even we as kids feel that we shall be given privacy to have our own thinking and our own actions.... when someone runs from house to marry they say that dont interfere in our lives as we are adults.... the thing is that unconciously we do interfere in other's lives and that is out of love.... but its the ego of the person, whether young or old, that doesnt want anyone else to give u lecture of what is right and what is wrong....Smile

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 24 November 2007 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Everything depends on the mental maturity.some kids are wiser and matured than elders.some elders are foolish and immature..such people need to be handled...
however noone agrees that himself/herself is immature

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 24 November 2007 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
There is a line to respect your elders, but you cannot define it. It is a relative concept.

Try your best to respect your elders, they are older wiser. There comes a time in life though when you have to stand up on your own for what you believe and do your thing. However, when you do so you can do it respectfully.

jasunap

IF-Sizzlerz

jasunap

Posted: 25 November 2007 at 2:51am | IP Logged
What according to you is respect??? and can you tell me one person, young or old, who does not like to be respected, appreciated etc??? respect does not mean acceptance,it is a certain maryada you give another human being...young or old. no lines can ever be drawn. you can state your dissent, and disagreement without resorting to disrespect!! there are no lines....there are no limits to showing respect.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 25 November 2007 at 3:52am | IP Logged
do self respect ....then you can respect everyone... Smile and there's no limit n no boders....Respect sometime cant show but we can feel it... Smile

samir_soni

Goldie

samir_soni

Posted: 27 November 2007 at 1:33am | IP Logged
Nice topic. Everyone has given wonderful answers and I agree with them. Your elders help you so much, if not financially you are always emotionally depended on them. But it hurts when you see someone respected do something you can't think of. I guess you should question them in a polite way. I would go up to that person and say you are not earning my respect if you do this.

As for opinions...in most families children ( I guess for desi families children are people without kids. You go to their league only when you are a family person) are not allowed in family meetings. Now you can talk to your parents if you have something to say and they will tell others. Talking back or being aggressive will probably ban you from future meetings. So speak casually and always include I think.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top