Do we lack sense of humor? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

saswatisett

saswatisett

Posted: 28 November 2007 at 5:02am | IP Logged
Oi who said that Indians lack sense of humor Tongue ………I am a proud Indian Tongue & I almost can't stand a person without sense of humor Confused …………people who are serious & sensitive all the time get irritated by my jokes & pranks Wink Tongue ………U wanna contemporary proof ok then Tongue ……..

Check the box office record of OSO from India………..This film is tagged as DESI MASAL MOVIE for its satire……….& desi people enjoyed it very much Tongue Tongue Tongue

There are so many comedy shows running on popular Indian channels…….. LOL LOL

Comedy movies like Hungama, Garam Masala, Partner, Mujse shaadi karogi, Maine pyaar kyun kiya are box-office hits for last couple of years……… LOL LOL LOL

Ok I am giving the example from entertainment world because this give an idea of the mentality of contemporary mass……… Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do we lack sense of humor? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

salt

Goldie

salt

Posted: 28 November 2007 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
I personally think this differs from person to person. And possibly "mood" does play a small role in this..say for instance you are extremely pissed off - most likely you will start taking everything seriously, yet when you are all happy you might take things lightly.

Edited by Sonali06 - 28 November 2007 at 7:40pm

badachatri2008

badachatri2008

Posted: 29 November 2007 at 4:26am | IP Logged
Are you talking about the forumers or indians?-

Edited by badachatri2008 - 29 November 2007 at 4:26am

rockstallion

Goldie

rockstallion

Posted: 29 November 2007 at 2:10pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by badachatri2008

LOL good questionWink

i feel forumers don't lack sense of humour, ya but they lack senseWink LOL

i would say indians most of the time can make humour but cant take humour.Big smile

saswatisett

saswatisett

Posted: 30 November 2007 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rockstallion

Originally posted by badachatri2008

LOL good questionWink

i feel forumers don't lack sense of humour, ya but they lack senseWink LOL

i would say indians most of the time can make humour but cant take humour.Big smile

I agreeTongue.........Thoda senti hain isiliyeWink............but it should be a both way processSmile

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 01 December 2007 at 3:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anu.Rad

It has been noticed many times that people mainly from India lack sense of humor.. If any spoof of a person or anything is been made, few take it in the right spirit while others take it offensively..

For example the recent incident where Manoj Kumar, the actor got offended by a scene in Om Shanti Om where a spoof was enacted on him.. According to him it was not humor but it was making fun of him..

Interestingly, there are people who start their day with laughter therapy and they try to start the day with having good laugh..

This is just one incident, while there are many incidents where people have been offended by a spoof on them.. But there are many series in the west which actually presents spoof on the celebrities and they just take it as a humor..

So, is it that we Indians lack sense of humor???

P.S - Concept taken from CNN-IBN poll..

i am a person of indian origin and know many indians who take humor in a stride.. i hate to agree but sometimes i feel like certain indians who demand undue respect / those who misuse the value of showing respect .. do lack sense of humor.. makes me sad.. 
the manoj kumar scene was soooo hillarious that he should have felt happy to have been remembered... 
in fact, i was pleasantly shocked to see the Bachchan boys do their spoof on themselves, and Akki also..  in fact, the movie also made fun of SRK and Yashraj banner LOLLOLLOL.. loved it!
none of those big boys had a problem, and they are Indians too.. Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top