Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 19 November 2007 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

\LOLLOL.. true but no indian wife in the world cooks the mothers flavor of ma key haath ka gajar ka halwa.. is that a part of the ruthless romance..?.LOLLOL

LOL Qwerts wait till you get used to your wife's cooking. you won't be saying that after all. I kid you not, my husband does not like his mum's food any more LOL, in fact he got into trouble once by telling her she should make aloo sabzi like I do.LOL.  Mom's still have an edge over the cooking when it comes to one or two things, only she can make it the way you like it though albeit with loads of butter, sugar or oil.Tongue I USED to like my mom's cooking. LOL

Edited by lighthouse - 19 November 2007 at 9:34am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do we lack sense of humor? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 19 November 2007 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

\LOLLOL.. true but no indian wife in the world cooks the mothers flavor of ma key haath ka gajar ka halwa.. is that a part of the ruthless romance..?.LOLLOL

LOL Qwerts wait till you get used to your wife's cooking. you won't be saying that after all. I kid you not, my husband does not like his mum's food any more LOL, in fact he got into trouble once by telling her she should make aloo sabzi like I do.LOL.  Mom's still have an edge over the cooking when it comes to one or two things, only she can make it the way you like it though albeit with loads of butter, sugar or oil.Tongue I USED to like my mom's cooking. LOL

LOL I know what you are talking about!!!

Coming back to the topic - I don't think we lack a sense of humour. We are good at making fun of others, pulling legs, and on rare occasions we make fun of ourselves, too. I mean OSO is a case in point - Amitabh saying Om Kapoor who?, Akshay in Return of the Khiladi, Abhishek getting up to receive the award before it's announced, or even his promo for Dhoom 5. And there's Funjabi on Star One!

Anuradha

IF-Veteran Member

Anuradha

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 20 November 2007 at 7:33am | IP Logged
Thanks everyone for replying to the post.. It was nice to know the views of you all!!

We maynot lack sense of humor, but when compared to others in the west we definitely do lack.. Like someone rightly pointed it out, it maybe because of the culture that we follow here.. But the fact is, there are people who get offended by simple humor and others do not.. So, again it comes to difference of opinion from person to person..

So, for those people - should we have laws so they dont offended?

I don't know if this is off topic here but I cannot watch Kajra re song  cheerily and passionately with AB sr and jr both romancing Ash when it was a known fact that Ash and AB were dating.Confused I consider myself pretty easy going when it comes to humor and acting but still this is one of the things I cannot digest. 

And regarding Kajra Re issue, all i want to say is that they are actors and are here to entertain the public.. They are different in reel from real.. So, I guess even we should see it in different angle..

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 20 November 2007 at 9:46am | IP Logged

Hmm! That can happen only after sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo
many years of marriage..however..in the infancy...in childhood...in youth...in middleage...men say "My Mommy is the best cook"...infact they realize the beauty of mom's  dishes only when they start cookingTongue
coming back to the topic:
I agree with ur thoughts LH jiSmile..infact the cheeni kum jokes...were also Ouch

kabhi_21

IF-Rockerz

kabhi_21

Posted: 20 November 2007 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
The term Sense of humour can be taken in very subjective sense that the sense of comparison is lost Tongue

bhoomikauttam

IF-Dazzler

bhoomikauttam

Posted: 21 November 2007 at 6:15am | IP Logged
Semse of humour....we have its just that we dont understnad the platform where n when to use . Many times we use our sense of hurmour to earn something than to give somethign and there is where people start cricticises as we earn n they dont want to be amde fun of and others to earn cash on the laughters people have...

Also sense of humour is afr far distant that the Manoj kuamr n all...as individual should be made fun at but the situation and also there is no harm in makign ur intentions clear before hand..

A sense of hurmour is better off if general view is taken and a larger picture of who can get affected is taken into acound...especially when it involves reliogon or region..

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 21 November 2007 at 6:45am | IP Logged
I think as a community we are pretty uptight, individually we have a sense of humor, but anything below the belt is out of question or anything that is leg pulling in nature is considered offensive(should I cite the instances in SRGMP Wink LOL ). We have ways to go in that aspect. We are very much into the Accha Socho, Accha bolo mindset, problem is at the back of our minds we might be thinking of those below the belt humor in a situation, so all that remains in a politically correct "accha bolo". How much true are we to ourselves?

coming back to the situation at hand about SRK and Manoj Kumar. I think both of them are right in their own place, Manoj kumar was right in his own right thinking all I have done is. characterized myself as a upstanding citizen of India and things that are good in India now if you show the cops beating me, you are portraying a bad image about whatever I stood for(havent seen the movie and dont forsee that happening in the next few centuries Wink ), but that is what I heard

SRK I think also publically opologized about it

souro

souro

Posted: 28 November 2007 at 3:49am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Anu.Rad

This is just one incident, while there are many incidents where people have been offended by a spoof on them.. But there are many series in the west which actually presents spoof on the celebrities and they just take it as a humor..

So, is it that we Indians lack sense of humor???

P.S - Concept taken from CNN-IBN poll..

Maybe or maybe not.Confused

But just as an example I'll give this info taken from www.imdb.com on the film "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen":

At one point, Peta Wilson does a humorous impersonation of Sean Connery's voice. According to Wilson, this was a last-minute addition to the scene, and she felt nervous doing it, since Connery impersonations was considered a no-no on the set. Before the shoot she called Connery and offered not to do the accent, but he insisted she should. Afterwards she asked him what he thought. He replied, "You were great!" She was taken aback and asked if he really meant it. He said, "Yeah, it's terrible! It's the worst impersonation I have ever heard, and it's perfect."

So maybe not all person in the western society too don't take too kindly to personal jokes or mimicry.

Edited by souro - 28 November 2007 at 3:50am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top