Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kabhi_21 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
The term Sense of humour can be taken in very subjective sense that the sense of comparison is lost ๐Ÿ˜›
bhoomikauttam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Semse of humour....we have its just that we dont understnad the platform where n when to use . Many times we use our sense of hurmour to earn something than to give somethign and there is where people start cricticises as we earn n they dont want to be amde fun of and others to earn cash on the laughters people have...

Also sense of humour is afr far distant that the Manoj kuamr n all...as individual should be made fun at but the situation and also there is no harm in makign ur intentions clear before hand..

A sense of hurmour is better off if general view is taken and a larger picture of who can get affected is taken into acound...especially when it involves reliogon or region..
sareg thumbnail
I think as a community we are pretty uptight, individually we have a sense of humor, but anything below the belt is out of question or anything that is leg pulling in nature is considered offensive(should I cite the instances in SRGMP ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜† ). We have ways to go in that aspect. We are very much into the Accha Socho, Accha bolo mindset, problem is at the back of our minds we might be thinking of those below the belt humor in a situation, so all that remains in a politically correct "accha bolo". How much true are we to ourselves?

coming back to the situation at hand about SRK and Manoj Kumar. I think both of them are right in their own place, Manoj kumar was right in his own right thinking all I have done is. characterized myself as a upstanding citizen of India and things that are good in India now if you show the cops beating me, you are portraying a bad image about whatever I stood for(havent seen the movie and dont forsee that happening in the next few centuries ๐Ÿ˜‰ ), but that is what I heard

SRK I think also publically opologized about it
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Anu.Rad

This is just one incident, while there are many incidents where people have been offended by a spoof on them.. But there are many series in the west which actually presents spoof on the celebrities and they just take it as a humor..

So, is it that we Indians lack sense of humor???

P.S - Concept taken from CNN-IBN poll..

Maybe or maybe not.๐Ÿ˜•

But just as an example I'll give this info taken from www.imdb.com on the film "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen":

At one point, Peta Wilson does a humorous impersonation of Sean Connery's voice. According to Wilson, this was a last-minute addition to the scene, and she felt nervous doing it, since Connery impersonations was considered a no-no on the set. Before the shoot she called Connery and offered not to do the accent, but he insisted she should. Afterwards she asked him what he thought. He replied, "You were great!" She was taken aback and asked if he really meant it. He said, "Yeah, it's terrible! It's the worst impersonation I have ever heard, and it's perfect."

So maybe not all person in the western society too don't take too kindly to personal jokes or mimicry.

Edited by souro - 16 years ago
saswatisett thumbnail
Oi who said that Indians lack sense of humor ๐Ÿ˜› โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆI am a proud Indian ๐Ÿ˜› & I almost can't stand a person without sense of humor ๐Ÿ˜• โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆpeople who are serious & sensitive all the time get irritated by my jokes & pranks ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜› โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆU wanna contemporary proof ok then ๐Ÿ˜› โ€ฆโ€ฆ..

Check the box office record of OSO from Indiaโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..This film is tagged as DESI MASAL MOVIE for its satireโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.& desi people enjoyed it very much ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›

There are so many comedy shows running on popular Indian channelsโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

Comedy movies like Hungama, Garam Masala, Partner, Mujse shaadi karogi, Maine pyaar kyun kiya are box-office hits for last couple of yearsโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

Ok I am giving the example from entertainment world because this give an idea of the mentality of contemporary massโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜Š

salt thumbnail
I personally think this differs from person to person. And possibly "mood" does play a small role in this..say for instance you are extremely pissed off - most likely you will start taking everything seriously, yet when you are all happy you might take things lightly. Edited by Sonali06 - 16 years ago
badachatri2008 thumbnail
Are you talking about the forumers or indians?- Edited by badachatri2008 - 16 years ago
rockstallion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: badachatri2008

Are you talking about the forumers or indians?-

๐Ÿ˜† good question๐Ÿ˜‰

i feel forumers don't lack sense of humour, ya but they lack sense๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜†

i would say indians most of the time can make humour but cant take humour.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

saswatisett thumbnail

Originally posted by: rockstallion

๐Ÿ˜† good question๐Ÿ˜‰

i feel forumers don't lack sense of humour, ya but they lack sense๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜†

i would say indians most of the time can make humour but cant take humour.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I agree๐Ÿ˜›.........Thoda senti hain isiliye๐Ÿ˜‰............but it should be a both way process๐Ÿ˜Š

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anu.Rad

It has been noticed many times that people mainly from India lack sense of humor.. If any spoof of a person or anything is been made, few take it in the right spirit while others take it offensively..

For example the recent incident where Manoj Kumar, the actor got offended by a scene in Om Shanti Om where a spoof was enacted on him.. According to him it was not humor but it was making fun of him..

Interestingly, there are people who start their day with laughter therapy and they try to start the day with having good laugh..

This is just one incident, while there are many incidents where people have been offended by a spoof on them.. But there are many series in the west which actually presents spoof on the celebrities and they just take it as a humor..

So, is it that we Indians lack sense of humor???

P.S - Concept taken from CNN-IBN poll..

i am a person of indian origin and know many indians who take humor in a stride.. i hate to agree but sometimes i feel like certain indians who demand undue respect / those who misuse the value of showing respect .. do lack sense of humor.. makes me sad.. 
the manoj kumar scene was soooo hillarious that he should have felt happy to have been remembered... 
in fact, i was pleasantly shocked to see the Bachchan boys do their spoof on themselves, and Akki also..  in fact, the movie also made fun of SRK and Yashraj banner ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.. loved it!
none of those big boys had a problem, and they are Indians too.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ