Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 15 November 2007 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Is it possible to have Respect and ill will on same thing/entity/system/person????
Is it possible to respect and have ill will or not so good opinion on the same entity? If so is'nt the respect shown hypocrisy?or Can we say that respect or adoration and illwill different perceptions?
Can we have different opposite  perceptions on same entity ?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Respect and ill will on same thing????" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 15 November 2007 at 10:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Is it possible to have Respect and ill will on same thing/entity/system/person????
Is it possible to respect and have ill will or not so good opinion on the same entity? If so is'nt the respect shown hypocrisy?or Can we say that respect or adoration and illwill different perceptions?

Respect and ill will cant go togather.  However it is not necessary to respect people and at the same time agree on each and every point with them.

There is a possiblity of disgreement however if one adore or respect other, either a person or system , one may want to criticize to improve .. eg is our home countries, we love to criticize our system but doesn't mean we hate our country or doesn't respect it . 

sohn

sohn

Posted: 15 November 2007 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Lemme share sumthin very honestly. My bua's husband, isnt of those people I would ever show any kinda respect when he comes to our house, for the simple reason that he has ill-treated her all her life. I have this argument with my father everytime, cus its a culture thing and I have to touch his feet everytime he comes to our house or we go over to their's, simply cus elders ko hamarey yahaan aise respect dete hain! I keep questioning every time, that why shud I touch his feet n show his respect when I dont respect him an ounce in my heart!?!?!?!Angry Infact, I might be harboring some ill-feelings about him instead!!!! I think maybe this is a classic example of what you are trying to say Myth. N I think its hypocrisy! And hell yeah, Im sure Im not the only one who faces this dilemma n honestly, I hate it this way Stern Smile

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 15 November 2007 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
Yes yes its not a myth Myth. People who we respect out of fear are generous receipients, sometimes of our ill-will... Smile

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 16 November 2007 at 10:28am | IP Logged

You can respect all sometimes but cannot respect one person all the time.Tongue

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 16 November 2007 at 10:31am | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Yes yes its not a myth Myth. People who we respect out of fear are generous receipients, sometimes of our ill-will... Smile

LOL Having lived as a child once , I can attest to that. Tongue

Edited by lighthouse - 16 November 2007 at 10:36am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 18 November 2007 at 12:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Morning_Dew

Respect and ill will cant go together.  However it is not necessary to respect people and at the same time agree on each and every point with them.

There is a possiblity of disgreement however if one adore or respect other, either a person or system , one may want to criticize to improve .. eg is our home countries, we love to criticize our system but doesn't mean we hate our country or doesn't respect it .

Respect and ill will can go hand in hand. More than 75 % of the entities we encounter and live in are the things which we respect and at the same time donot like.Smile

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 18 November 2007 at 12:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sohn

Lemme share sumthin very honestly. My bua's husband, isnt of those people I would ever show any kinda respect when he comes to our house, for the simple reason that he has ill-treated her all her life. I have this argument with my father everytime, cus its a culture thing and I have to touch his feet everytime he comes to our house or we go over to their's, simply cus elders ko hamarey yahaan aise respect dete hain! I keep questioning every time, that why shud I touch his feet n show his respect when I dont respect him an ounce in my heart!?!?!?!Angry Infact, I might be harboring some ill-feelings about him instead!!!! I think maybe this is a classic example of what you are trying to say Myth. N I think its hypocrisy! And hell yeah, Im sure Im not the only one who faces this dilemma n honestly, I hate it this way Stern Smile

Hope ur bua's husband does'nt come to IFLOLLOLLOL ....huh! ditto..me too faced such situation earlier..Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top