anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Wild decision?

Some ousted contestants of Jhalak…2 are upset about not being offered the wild-card entry. Only two contestants, Sudha Chandran and Prachi Desai, are being given a second chance

Back to Section Stories Posted On Thursday, November 15, 2007

Vickey Lalwani

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2 has done a volte-face. Contrary to the format, this reality show on Sony TV will now have a wild

Prachi Desai and Deepak
card entry. Generally in a wild card entry, all ousted contestants are invited to try their luck again, but in Jhalak only two ousted contestants - Prachi Desai and Sudha Chandran - have been considered.

According to our source, "Tapur Chatterjee, Mini Mathur, Aadesh Shrivastava and Cyrus Broacha are upset that they are ignored. They feel that they should have been treated equally."

When contacted, Mini seemed quite fine with the decision and said that it was 'ok' with her. She said, "Jhalak 2 is over for me. It was not the be-all and end-all of my life. I have moved on to other things."

Tapur said that she was unaware that only Prachi and Sudha had been given the right to re-enter the show. "It's news to me. But it's okay, I have no issues. I wish every contestant the best of luck."

We contacted Albert Almeida, Business Head, Sony TV to find out why the other contestants were discriminated agast. Almeida said that they narrowed down to Prachi and Sudha simply on the basis of judges' marks and public votes. He said, "We lost out on two very good dancers in the last few days. They are very popular actresses too. So, we decided to give them a second chance. Besides, getting the dates of all the contestants wouldn't have been easy. Of course, only one of them will win."

Explaining how the wild card process was chalked out, he said, "We took an average of the judges' marks and the public votes."   

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashiyana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
WHAT RUBBISH!!!! I'm sorry if I am offending any Prachi or Sudha's fan who want to see them come back... But this is out right unfair!!!! The other contestants aren't even given a chance to perform? Now the channel is being BIAS towards the Prachi and Sudha... What's the point of even having a compitition... Why doesn't the judges/SonyTV just give the award to one of Ekta's wonder and call it quits.
I just lost all love and respect that I had for this show.
mwow thumbnail
Awesome! Why not just invite Prachi..why this entire drama? JDJ2 is over for me for sure. If a channel can succumb to someone's pressure to introduce an especially designed wild card, they can do anything...I am almost sure that Prachi will win the contest. As far as power voting is concerned, according to Ram Kapoor, "entire kapoor family is voting for her," no prizes for guessing which kapoor family he was talking about.

Disclaimer: I don't mean this as an insult to Prachi. She worked really hard and I would have to liked see her for at least a few more episodes, but I am surely not happy about Ekta's infuence on Sony...Anyway, good luck to all the contestants for the rest of the episodes. It is Good bye to JDJ for me
Edited by mwow - 16 years ago
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Its unfair 2 other contestants. I think every1 shd have been given an equal chance. Agreed Prachi & Sudha were among d best dancers but then others also deserve a chance.

Shruti
RagMasta thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I think they should bring back all the eliminated contestants for the wild card round....especially mini n Tapur
-Ami- thumbnail
Wow! Actually all the other contestants shoud be given a chance too..
Cuase it isn't fair to them that only Prachi and Sudha get a chance..
yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
though i really want prachi to be back but this is soooooooooooooooooo very unfair...kya bakwas hai yeh..this is not done at all
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
In fact when I first heard about the Wild Card Round ,I thought just like Nach baliye all the eliminated contestents will b given a second chance of performing before the judges and then audience voting will choose any one 😛 ..but hearing this came as a real shock to me ...This is so very unfair on the part of other eliminated contestents 😡

Even though I want Prachi to make a comeback but still the competition should hv been fair 😊
-Amby- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i do not mind tht others r not given a wild card entry chance because others who got out did deserve to be out but prachi and sudha were the 2 who should have not been out
slash thumbnail
i agree ... everyone should have been called for wild card .. why just sudha and prachi .. thats unfair ..   even MINI and TAPUR didnt deserve to go out so early