Rules & Announcements

India Forums seeks new challenges ahead! (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 6

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 6
Page 5 Page 6

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 14 November 2007 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
I have no words, Vijay!! Clap You are doing a wonderful job and I must tell you that this is the only forum I visit regularly.  I know about a thousand other forums but this is the only one I feel like visiting more often.

You and the whole IF Dev Team are doing a wonderful job! ClapClapClap

Besides, the features like Youtube ones that are already added and the ones you are talking about are awesome! Can't wait to see those implemented!!

I just have a couple suggestions about the threads.

First, I see that the threads are marked read once we log in and log out even though we haven't checked them yet.  So, how about have the posts unread until we actually check the threads.  Most of the times  I log in like for a few minutes and so all the threads are marked read when I log out and nothing left for the next time.

Also if there is a way to flag a certain thread would be great.  Like if we really like a thread or want to keep checking back on it, we can flag it and receive a PM about it.

Edited by -Mystery- - 14 November 2007 at 7:36pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "India Forums seeks new challenges ahead! (Page 4)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sulman

IF-Rockerz

Sulman

Posted: 14 November 2007 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
Another Great decion made by Dev Team ! Clap

I have question when will the Homepage link will start working?

It had been so so so so long time....... since the Homepage is not working Confused you guys are adding fetures to I-F but the feature we alredy at India-Forum are not working. Hope to see soon the Homepage working. Smile

Edited by Sulman - 14 November 2007 at 8:04pm

monikaseth

IF-Sizzlerz

monikaseth

Posted: 14 November 2007 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
wow great vijay thx Clap

KinSanj

IF-Stunnerz

KinSanj

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 15 November 2007 at 12:21am | IP Logged
hmmmm...
sum real nice ideas here vijay....
I think it's a great idea...fantastic...
keep it up!

will let u knoe if i have sum ideas for our forum Smile

tukz_REmix

IF-Rockerz

tukz_REmix

Posted: 15 November 2007 at 12:54am | IP Logged
hey vijay da....d ideas r ossom...specially d buddylist wala idea is superb....it iwl b grrrrrrrrrrr8

aasky

aasky

Posted: 15 November 2007 at 12:56am | IP Logged
I don't think it's that great an idea, to make IF a social networking site too.

Personally, with so many of them floating around(obviously Orkut, Facebook and Hi5 take the cake), another social networking site might put people off. Let me explain this.

How does one find IF? There are loads of ways. Through a friend, through a google search etc. Through my interaction with some members, I have noticed that a LOT of us reached here when we were trying to find videos of our favorite show. Ofcourse, I might be wrong, but it does look like the general trend. Not many people go looking for a 'forum' to discuss their favorite shows. But once you get here, and see what IF is all about, you get involved in the forum part as well.

So, I think the USP of IF is the indian tv shows part. If we lose that, we're like one of those hundreds of forums on the intrawebs. IF is already a social networking site, though not intentionally maybe. You meet people, you get to know people better, you make friends.

A lot of features that networking sites have can be incorporated, but I don't think that IF should be marketed as a social networking site. I am imagining a person reaching the home page and being put off by 'another of those orkut lookalikes'. I think we should incorporate the features, but in a way which is not very obvious. They are there to be discovered once you become a part of IF, not an offering to entice users into signing in. The TV shows part should always be the USP of IF. Well, it will always be that. But IF should always be marketed as that, IMO.

I mean, think about it. There are millions of things to be talked about. We have a Harry Potter forum. We can also have a LotR forum, or a LOST forum, or a HEROES forum, but that just isn't what IF is about. We might have something non TV show related because a lot of our members are interested in it, not because we want to 'expand'. That, in my opinion, doesn't make sense, at all.

That said, you guys are doing a wonderful job of running a forum THIS huge. Kudos to you for that.

Suggestions now.

One, honestly speaking, one thing which the IF forum lacks is quality. No offense meant, but I am talking about visuals here, pure eye candy.

For example, if I am a new member with the signatures option turned on, I'll get lost in a post trying to find the content with about 800px of signatures per member. I know that we can turn it off, but trust me, the human mind doesn't work like that. Today, a lot of other forums offer the same thing that IF does, on the surface atleast. If I see nothing but a big dump of graphics on a page, I might go to some other forum where I will find the content that I was looking for instead of going to my profile and changing the option. All it takes is two clicks. One to close this window, another to open a new one.

I know I have been raving about this for a LONG time, but can we not limit the size of signatures for every member? Say 300px in height maximum? We have a lot of mods for every forum within IF who can keep a check on this.

Also, better rule enforcement. For example, the no chatspeak rule is hardly followed. But here, it might be a decision between quality and quantity which lies in your hands ofcourse.

What I am trying to say is, IF definitely is a brilliant place, but it does not match up to international standards of quality. If that is not a goal, we are going fine. If it is, there are a lot of changes in queue before we think of expansion.

KinSanj

IF-Stunnerz

KinSanj

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 15 November 2007 at 2:11am | IP Logged

i agree wif u aasky.
we should have sum forums that rn't related to TV...
say for example we could have many other forums to discuss on different things...
example, fashion talk, poetry forum etc...forums like dat would be gud i think...

vijay i think sumfin like this will interest our members...
we should have forums dat rn't related to TV. buh our daily lives nd stuff like dat.
members might like to have discussions bout it...
It's just a suggestion Smile

Sanju Smile

Edited by desi_punjaban90 - 15 November 2007 at 2:12am

rhea26

IF-Sizzlerz

rhea26

Posted: 15 November 2007 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

) Improved BuddyList

I know many have been asking for this for a long time and it makes perfect sense to have something like Orkut on India Forums so that we can see who is friend to whom and can send PMs to multiple people in your buddy list who have approved you to send PMs. Even the idea to have Testimonials is an interesting feature.

I feel taking India forums towards a social networking site will be a good idea.

hey vijay i pmed u abt pming multiple ppl but no reply...
anyways tanxxxxxxxxx a ton
im rilli happy abt dis...

its a gr8 decision
u rok vijay.... Clap
tanxxxx

Post Reply New Post

Go to top