Rules & Announcements

India Forums seeks new challenges ahead!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 12 November 2007 at 1:11pm | IP Logged

Hi,

How are you? Well I know I'm posting here after a long time as a lot has happened around me these days.

Today was just going through the forum and was thinking where we would like to take India Forums in the next 1 year's time. Will it go down with time with so many other forums coming up everyday?

So thought of asking my friends where they would like to see India Forums and suggest new features that they would like to see here.

Some of the ideas that we will be working on shortly are:

a) myGroups / FanClubs

It's hard to keep up and maintain so many shows and besides there are several other interesting areas apart from TV shows that people would love to know and share their views on. You can create communities or groups to discuss social issues. Therefore, it will be easier for members to form their own groups/community, manage and promote the same. It will also allow group owners to customize the look and feel of their community.

The same idea can be applied in forming FanClub where members can make a celebrities fan club.

Regarding the moderatorship, it will be on the basis of how active a member is, Contribution to the group and the amount of votes it gets. So the group members will have the right to vote for their moderator. The system will be more automated so that it's fewer headaches for us.

b) Improved BuddyList

I know many have been asking for this for a long time and it makes perfect sense to have something like Orkut on India Forums so that we can see who is friend to whom and can send PMs to multiple people in your buddy list who have approved you to send PMs. Even the idea to have Testimonials is an interesting feature.

I feel taking India forums towards a social networking site will be a good idea.

c) Classifieds

With the kind of reach we have we can surely tap this market as this will get us the much needed $$$ for newer development and expansion plans for the site.

These are just a few ideas which I feel will take India Forums ahead. It would be great to hear your views and what you think will be good.

I wish to see the day when people proudly say that they are a part of the Dev Team which manages India Forums. It should also be able to provide some kind of income opportunity to the dev team and the contributing members.

Would love to hear from you all...

Cheers,
Vijay

Edited by vijay - 13 November 2007 at 3:16am

The following 66 member(s) liked the above post:

gk_09Aahaana*Shruti*fansofRTsee*sealed_lips*Maria*preethi_rstatic_chaos23veekayspsharmila*lucky_karen*Yoshpayal_rIndraDaga*~Kaynaat~*trupsRaisa25YeahprinceznaHrithik_rocksmoreremixIqbaladdicturberRatreedmg_soniaVeeeDeeebhuvana3daisy_luvs_ fftazy_rahul_sukhi_damilolaknumnumdivingdolphin21tukz_REmixthe_rainthesaint148~*Manshi*~diyafahtangina r-himzie-kanak1309Xx..uvt..xXPrenz~13zhasan2~LiNa~Sano88-Preeti-sweet_shagunatinaAmbrosia-Mystery-rhea26nidhi2013subha2601-Srishty-~Simmi~monikasethumi82990LeenasmgTomiko-De.De-..oneOone..GracellaVinzyHowlarious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "India Forums seeks new challenges ahead!" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 12 November 2007 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ammmu

IF-Veteran Member

ammmu

Posted: 12 November 2007 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
Great ideas Vijay ji, although I'm a bit confused about the first one you're talking about, isn't that a bit like the Debate Mansion, or something different? Embarrassed

I do like #2, because PMs are a big issue, especially sending out multiple PMs as well, it makes a lot of things much easier..

And i know this was discussed much before in the Viewbies Section, but is there a way we can make our Code of Conduct here more accessible? Because there are some, when they make a mistake, they don't even know there is a CoC and I don't think we can just expect everyone to read it.. maybe a simpler version (still keeping the normal) for all to read and easier to access? Just a thought...

Naughty_n_nice

IF-Veteran Member

Naughty_n_nice

IFs Creative Head

Posted: 13 November 2007 at 5:06am | IP Logged

All nice ideas, maybe a shoutbox on main page, or possibilities to chat... Check meebo.com, they might take a tie up.

I think IF shouldn't have a title of being the best forum for "serials" coz that steriotypes it.. Embarrassed

Manasi_16

IF-Rockerz

Manasi_16

Posted: 13 November 2007 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
I liked the idea of the Fan clubs. Also of making IF a kind of a social networking site. I feel it would be nice to have a feature where in the members can have a list of their fav vids...like we have on Orkut....we anyway have a tie-up with utube now!!!

Anuradha

IF-Veteran Member

Anuradha

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 14 November 2007 at 2:56am | IP Logged
Why not have all these features as an extension for India-Forums.. The communities or fan clubs can be arranged along with the social networking facility.. Those who open the fan clubs can themselves moderate their respective fan club and there will be a group of members who will take care of all the fan clubs something like Global Moderators for all the communities and will see to it that there are no two fan clubs for the same personalities..

Regarding buddy lists too, the feature can be provided to those who want it.. Like there are people who do not want to expose their private messages to other people.. So, all these features can be included in a separate extension rather than in the existing one... Ofcourse this is just my suggestion Smile

Anu

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 14 November 2007 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Hi Anu,

Ofcourse it will be an extension to the things we have in place.

Cheers,
Vijay

ddddd

IF-Veteran Member

ddddd

Posted: 14 November 2007 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Excellent ideas Vijay, I particularly liked the groups one. I think if people can create groups for discussions etc say on a film it would make things so much easier to keep a track off.

I will try and think of some more ideas...

Love Lika x

Post Reply New Post

Go to top