India-Forums

Astitva Ek Prem Kahani
Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

If you had a kid like Astha? (Page 2)

Kinnu Newbie
Kinnu
Kinnu

Posted: 24 August 2005 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
It is funny you say that about Astha. To tell you the truth, I would not tolerate any nonsense if I had a daughter like Astha. First of all, I would not put her on my HEAD and spoil her like Simran did. My hubby is Italian and sometimes I ask him to watch the show, but when he sees all the crying, etc and of course Astha's attitude, he says," Can't anyone spank her". Her character is utterly disgusting and boy, to think that I would allow my daughter to behave like her and get away with it, is unthinkable.

peacestead Goldie
peacestead
peacestead

Posted: 25 August 2005 at 1:34am | IP Logged
GOD FORBID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peacestead Goldie
peacestead
peacestead

Posted: 25 August 2005 at 1:42am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sabz86

Come on pple try to understand !
Aastha is just rebelling and as a teenager I feel i would do the same thing! Its easy to give 2 slaps but plz dun think that that's gonna solve everything !

Yes we were all teenagers once and some of us today are the parents of teenagers but let me assure you no matter how much we rebelled as teenagers we could never act the way astha is acting toward simran , shes acting like that with her mom, I dont think i would have acted like that with anyone older than me leave alone my parents.It is as much simrans fault as it is asthas, parents have to set the boundaries and check the child when they cross that line of decency but apparently simran forgot that aspect of child rearing.

scorpio_pk Senior Member
scorpio_pk
scorpio_pk

Posted: 25 August 2005 at 2:08am | IP Logged
If parents ever try to be like Simran-Abhi, then they should definitely be ready for a kid like Aastha. I could never do the same things with my kids which Simran is doing or has done with Aastha.This is basically a mutual understanding between teenager kids and parents which surely lack in Simran-Aastha-Abhi relationship. It does'nt mean that Simran-Abhi dont know how to deal with kids, we can see how they are dealing with Sia(their OWN,Simran's REAL daughter)with so much love and understanding, trust etc, but in case of Aastha,they are'nt doing any justice,(thats what me, my husband and my 3 teenager kids think).Parents give their love equally to every child even if child is misbehaving, and giving slap is never ever a good idea to deal with stubborn teenagers, whoever is dealing their teenager kids like that,I feel pity for them. Parents need to talk and explain them calmly, try to convince them logically not emotionally.What Simran is doing is just obeying Aastha's commands, never try to explain or giving her some lectures like real mothers always do whenever kids have any problem.
For me thats just a silly question that"if you had a kid like Aastha?" A real mother could never behave like Simran and so there is no chance of getting this type of behaviour from REAL kids.
MysteriousSkin Newbie
MysteriousSkin
MysteriousSkin

Posted: 25 August 2005 at 2:09am | IP Logged
I can empathise with Astha! She had all the attention pouring on her and then suddenly Sia turns up and everyone is all ga-ga over Sia (and Simran was even trying to look for astha in divya, sia's friend earlier). I think that Simaran never fully accepted Astha...

To shower one with love because of a feeling of responsibility or because of a need to do the right things is different from a love that comes internally. And kids can sense a difference.

Anyway to continue, in a split second all that attention is taken away from Astha. Soon after astha learns about all the lies.... Simran hid that astha was neha's daughter understandably BUT after seeing Astha's reaction about the lies, she should have known better.

However she continued her lying ways - whether it was about Radha or Kiran or that Sia was her sister and abhimanyu was in town. Such continous lies coupled with the divided attention, Astha turned up the way she has.

And top it all, Sid also gives his whole hearted love to Sia...

Put yourselves in Astha's shoes.... its not easy dealing with the things that she is dealing with.

In my opinion, Simran should have given astha some space and time alone with abhi to sort things out and calm herself down. With Simran always around, Astha can feel suffocated....

GIVE ASTHA SOME SPACE!!! and NOT SLAPS.
scorpio_pk Senior Member
scorpio_pk
scorpio_pk

Posted: 25 August 2005 at 2:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MysteriousSkin

I can empathise with Astha! She had all the attention pouring on her and then suddenly Sia turns up and everyone is all ga-ga over Sia (and Simran was even trying to look for astha in divya, sia's friend earlier). I think that Simaran never fully accepted Astha...

To shower one with love because of a feeling of responsibility or because of a need to do the right things is different from a love that comes internally. And kids can sense a difference.

Anyway to continue, in a split second all that attention is taken away from Astha. Soon after astha learns about all the lies.... Simran hid that astha was neha's daughter understandably BUT after seeing Astha's reaction about the lies, she should have known better.

However she continued her lying ways - whether it was about Radha or Kiran or that Sia was her sister and abhimanyu was in town. Such continous lies coupled with the divided attention, Astha turned up the way she has.

And top it all, Sid also gives his whole hearted love to Sia...

Put yourselves in Astha's shoes.... its not easy dealing with the things that she is dealing with.

In my opinion, Simran should have given astha some space and time alone with abhi to sort things out and calm herself down. With Simran always around, Astha can feel suffocated....

GIVE ASTHA SOME SPACE!!! and NOT SLAPS.

I totally agree with you ! Thumbs Up
vazz Goldie
vazz
vazz

Posted: 25 August 2005 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Spanking a 2 year old.. did not fetch me anything... I doubt spanking a grown up teenager will fetch something.
As a matter of speech, spanking, tight slaps are fine, but the real execution of it is going to be the most stupid act a parent can do. This again is my personal opinion and nobody needs to agree with me.
If the parents also express the same way as Astha, then what is the difference between parents and teenagers. Parents need to think about methods to deal with the kids and they methods evolve, as parents evolve themselves.
I firmly believe that we need to be friends to our kids when needed, but also show them that we do have the authority and the children cannot take advantage of our friendship. Kids need to be guided at each stage of their life, and it is the parents' responsibility to figure out how to deal with them.
In this case Simran and Abhi need to realize that they have wronged Astha. That will help resolve issues faster. Simran and Abhi do not realize this and Astha is getting pissed off by the minute since she has not heard that from them.
gundamunda101 Newbie
gundamunda101
gundamunda101

Posted: 25 August 2005 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
Thanks all for your wonderful replies. I just wish the producers resolve this Astha situation soon and bring this show to a close end its been dragging on for so long. Evil Smile

Go to top