coolkitty_23 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
I am new here...and I love to write...had written this, a long time ago....and thought would post it here. Hope you will like it. Please do Leave your comments.

She woke up with a throbbing headache and looked around, this isnt my bed, heck this isn't my room, I must have slept in Doug's room, heck no, this is so not his room, oh my, oh my, this is not my house!! What on earth is going on? Where am I? She looked at the other pillow beside, and the obvious crossed her head, did I? Oh no, God no, please no..what is happening. Where am I? she thought. She got out of the bed and almost fainted there, good God, I am not..wearing??!! Oh my God, oh my holy God! What have I done, how could I screw up my life like this, why I can't I faintly remember what happened yesterday night, her mind raced for logical reasoning, then it struck her, its my birthday! Darn, its my freaking B'day today and I must have passed out after the drinks yesterday night..but but..where is Doug, she thought again...she wrapped herself in a robe nearby and slowly tip toed outside, she could hear a faint male voice, instinct told her, it was trouble, but the tom boy in her, wanted to go find out, she picked up a fruit knife near by and cautiously walked through the corridor and thats when it struck her how beautiful the house was..she thought to herself, wow, I wish I owned it, and immediately cursed herself for letting go of her guard the night before!! She was now in the hall, it was marble floored and beautiful, for a full minute she was stunted by its beauty until the booming voice brought her back from her trance, she fearfully brandished her knife around her, it was bright day outside and she heard the voice say "Wishing this house is yours honey?"..her face turned a pale white, and she screamed out,"who are you, what have you done to me, where is Doug, why am I here, I am gonna call the police,if you don't come out, NOW!!"
"Well, you know,your wish could be granted..well from this day this house is yours.. hows that for a trade of your life?" She gulped and fearfully asked,"What do you mean, please please don't harm me..what did you do to Doug, where is he??" , now she was almost in tears..."I hope those tears are of joy baby, Happy Bday!" and Doug came out of the kitchen with a big booming mic in his hand! Her face was a canvas of expression, from fear to confusion to anguish to happiness that Doug was fine to utter madness..before she could utter another word, he held her close to her, dropped the knife and asked again, "I hope you like your present baby..." and she could not believe what she was hearing, she stammered,"Doug, you are kidding me right? what present are you talking about, and why are we here? what is this place, though i must say, its beautiful..", he looked deep into her eyes and just nodded his head, she hugged him tight and cried, "Now, why are you crying baby?" Doug asked. "You are the man a girl would want to be there always in her life , Doug, you have given me something I don't know how to accept, I cant..really.." and before she could continue, Doug held her hand, went down on his knees and to her utter surprise, and shock, he proposed, to her it was like a dream come true, she didn't know what the hell was happening, but what ever it was, it was too good to be true, a perfect boyfriend, a perfect life, a great house and now...Doug brought her out of her trance,"Nothing would honor me more than to marry a crazy woman like you, would you marry me??""Like hell I would!"She answered in one breath...
a tear dropped on the framed picture of their wedding night, that perfect day was 5 years ago, the day when her life changed forever, the day she knew she had for once found herself a gem, rarely found, and now, she sat on the same porch of the same house he had gifted her, and found herself lonely except for the occasional licks of her pooch..she petted on his head and it licked her more..
He was deployed abroad, fighting for his country, he was in the army, a lieutenant and he was good in what he did..two years after their fairytale marriage, perfect married life, he told her , he would come back to see her the next year Christmas and he left her...only to bravely lay down his life for his country, for the people he was fighting for, for the wife he had left behind, for his unborn children, for his parents and above all, for himself..and his life was lost to a land mine, at the wrong place at the wrong time...It had been an year since he had left everyone, and she still repeated the same chores she would with him, everyday, without a fault, she had suffered a miscarriage and she had been in coma, until recently...and now, she wanted to go away, with him, for him, to him, and she hadn't found her way, until she found the same fruit knife....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zinny.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
OMG! Didn't read Fully, BUT-- Hats Off! πŸ‘
SuhanaSafar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
omg that is sooo sad! Very well written.
coolkitty_23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .:.Suhana.:.

omg that is sooo sad! Very well written.

Thanks Suhana...😊
coolkitty_23 thumbnail
No more comments? πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’ You guys Dont like it kya? 😭
alydesi_chick thumbnail
i really liked it it would b great if you wrote more storys since you like writing 😊
coolkitty_23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: alydesi_chick

i really liked it it would b great if you wrote more storys since you like writing 😊

Thank you..will write more...
hipreet thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hi I'm new to writers corner and i just read this story............its wonderful and sad story.......liked it
nitu07 thumbnail
aww it's sad na ...but I loved ur story...do write more ...if u can😊 Edited by nitu07 - 16 years ago
Morgoth thumbnail
I love the ending.

One suggestion: Instead of giving us high drama from the beginning itself, build the tension instead. That way, your ending will have a better impact.