Celebrity Fan Clubs

Saawariya FanClub (pg 21 user reviews) (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 117

Page 1
Page   of 117
Page 3 Page 117

~Poonam~

IF-Sizzlerz

~Poonam~

Posted: 08 November 2007 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
megha i'm going tommaro for movie
i'm so exciteddd
how about u? Tongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Saawariya FanClub (pg 21 user reviews) (Page 2)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shefali_123

IF-Dazzler

shefali_123

Posted: 08 November 2007 at 11:00pm | IP Logged

Saawariya: Self Indulgent Tedium!   

11/9/2007 7:27:14 AM

Film: Saawariya

Director: Sanjay Leela Bhansali

Cast: Ranbir Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, Rani Mukherji & Salman Khan

Self conscious and self indulgent. That's Saawariya in a nutshell for you. It is the story of a filmmaker who once upon a time had considerable talent. But the twist in the tale comes when he starts having delusions of genius. He believes he can suspend everything - time, logic and general cinematic sense and sensibility, and actually be commended for it. That actually is the story of Sanjay Leela Bhansali. But it has everything to do with why Saawariya is a strange, disconnected and utterly pointless film. Labouring under the tedium of self proclaimed genius and all its affectations.

Saawariya is set in no particular time zone or place. Its characters wander around in a claustrophobic, obviously expensive & overwhelmingly blue set, and speak a strange mish mash of modern day city English and shudh Hindi. The young protagonist is a cheerful tramp who sings in RK bar, and is called Ranbir Raj. Yes, the makers don't obviously believe in subtlety - they make quite sure that you can't miss the fact that the young debutant, Ranbir Kapoor is the Raj Kapoor's grandson! In fact they rub your nose in it till you want to scream that you got the point and they should just get on with it! Anyway, Ranbir Raj meets Sakina - a young Muslim girl who flounces around in backless cholis, carries an umbrella and is waiting for the man of her dreams. Which unfortunately is not Ranbir - so what if he prances around half - naked in a towel? That don't impress her much. Nor us actually for that matter!

Saawariya is based on a short Russian story, White Nights which was set in the 19th century. Sanjay Leela Bhansali takes an essentially sweet and simple love story and drowns it in a chaos of noise and colour. Making a pretentious, stilted hash of it. Forget the strange unreal setting and the wafer thin characterization. Even as a pure love story, Saawariya fails to connect - you feel no empathy for any of the characters. It is hard to imagine that the same film maker ade 'Khamoshi' and 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam!'

Now for the burning question - are Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor the superstars of tomorrow? On the basis strictly of this film, the answer would have to be no. Ranbir tries very hard but he has to stop making faces and he has to stop wearing his lineage on his sleeve! Sonam Kapoor had to look pretty, giggle and cry throughout the film. She does ok on all three counts, but both these star kids needed a more sensible launch pad. Not one bogged down by bizarre pretension and hype. Not one where the grotesque art direction takes over the film making. And definitely not one where self indulgence takes over sense and sensibility! Saawariya does all of that and more ...

The E NOW WEEKEND rating is two stars, and we are being generous!

http://www.timesnow.tv/NewsDtls.aspx?NewsID=4162

Edited by shefali_123 - 08 November 2007 at 11:02pm

TheBlackJaguar

IF-Stunnerz

TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 08 November 2007 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Relax people. Failure and success are a part and parcel of life. Saawariya still might be a stupendous success, slapping cowdung cakes on the faces of all the critics....like Black did, like Bhool Bhullaiya did, like Chak De India did....after all, it's the audience that rules....

But in case it doesn't....it's not the end of the world...it's not the end of Sanjay Leela Bhansali and definitely not Sonam and Ranbir. SLB will strike back with a venegence as he has always done.....Sonam-Ranbir will need to work harder to get some real stardust on them...and they will do it.

Nobody and nothing is going to take away Sonabir's hardwork, their talent and their brilliance...it's here to stay and no sidey critic can erase that. Haven't I said this before? There's a time for everything...and the time is now....

Irrespective of the fact what happens to Saawariya...SLB will still be a genius and Sonabir will continue to rule people's hearts.....Somethings are just written in the stars.....It really is. Embarrassed

GOD bless.

TheBlackJaguar

IF-Stunnerz

TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 08 November 2007 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
http://in.movies.yahoo.com/movies/Saawariya/reviews-9819.htm l

People seem to like the film. check the link above. Tongue

mango-frost

IF-Stunnerz

mango-frost

Posted: 08 November 2007 at 11:07pm | IP Logged

sorry if posted b4.....premier video....quite long...many stars speak...

http://www.indiafm.com/broadband/video/Parties-and-Events/XH c1nG89/1/Premiere-Of-Saawariya.html

LifeOLicious

IF-Sizzlerz

LifeOLicious

Posted: 08 November 2007 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
chak de also got bad reviews?? really!! that was such an awesome movie!!

what did they complain abt?? no heroine?? no romance?? shed some light niti.

mango-frost

IF-Stunnerz

mango-frost

Posted: 08 November 2007 at 11:09pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ~Poonam~

megha i'm going tommaro for movie
i'm so exciteddd
how about u? Tongue

2moro is diwali yaar...i cant...

saturday i dun think so...we have a party to go to saturday nite...we can do during the day....but my mom and dad want to see it as well...but they will be working during the day....and will come at evening....den we go to party...

so the earliest i can go is on sunday.....lets hope i can go on sunday loll

shefali_123

IF-Dazzler

shefali_123

Posted: 08 November 2007 at 11:10pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by admail_bd

chak de also got bad reviews?? really!! that was such an awesome movie!!

what did they complain abt?? no heroine?? no romance?? shed some light niti.

As far as I know chakde had got awesome reviews apart from taran adarsh.

bhool bhulaiyya also got pretty good reviews except one or two.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top