Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

_sukhi_

IF-Rockerz

_sukhi_

Posted: 07 November 2007 at 8:53am | IP Logged
I was on bbc news today... and i came across this article that A 14-year-old girl has been excluded from a school in south Wales for wearing a Sikh bangle, or Kara.

Angry I mean like what the hell not meant to be taken off... soo damn annoying first the paghs in france.... and now cant wear karas... in skools.... in wales... whats gonna be next...... Angry Angry

here is the full Article

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/7081573.stm? dynamic_vote=ON#vote_religious_symbols

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Howlarious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Our Symbols... being taken away....hmm?" in Punjabi Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jazzzy

Goldie

Jazzzy

Posted: 07 November 2007 at 1:52pm | IP Logged

that sux Angry Angry

if they're removing kara's from punjabi's now, then they should probably also remove necklaces with crosses around christian people, and headdresses on people from other religions

my point is all people should have equal right to express their religion Tongue

btw, what harm can a kara cause Confused the mom argued with the board for hours about wearing a kara and they didnt agree Angry seriously iffff someone bumps into that girl all they will get is a scratch, no real harm to their body Confused

Edited by Jazzzy - 07 November 2007 at 1:57pm

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 07 November 2007 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
thats is horrible i wear on and i will never take it of!!!! this is so not right i mean we should express our religion with out limits like jazzy said i think this is bull Censored i can not beleive they can do that Angry

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 07 November 2007 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
This is so messed up!! Angry they cant to this! like jazzy said they should also take away the cross cuz it cud scratch some1 Angry

jassiee.

IF-Rockerz

jassiee.

Posted: 07 November 2007 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
omg... wht crapp... thts soo stupidd... I agree with Jazzy.. if karas are not aloud, crosses shouldnt be aloud, as well as head dresses... Angry

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 07 November 2007 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
someone should stand up and do something we should all practice wear what we beleive in!!! not what others want us to!

_sukhi_

IF-Rockerz

_sukhi_

Posted: 07 November 2007 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jazzzy

that sux Angry Angry if they're removing kara's from punjabi's now, then they should probably also remove necklaces with crosses around christian people, and headdresseson people fromother religions my point is all people should have equal right to express their religion Tongue

btw, what harm can a kara cause Confusedthe mom argued with the board for hours about wearing a kara and they didnt agree Angryseriously iffff someone bumps into that girl all they will get is a scratch, no real harm to their body Confused

I know man i totally agree with ur point..... its just madness... they think people use karaz to hit people i mean ok maybe some idiots dooo yea but shes just a 14 year old girlllllllll what harm is she gonna doo na....scratchhhhhh people are justtttttt gosh Angry

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 07 November 2007 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
oh wow...i just read the article...this is BS! i wud've changed skool's!! Angry the girls not harming anyone is she? so why does she have to take it off? i understand PE and stuff...but take it off because of some rules?? Angry

Post Reply New Post

Go to top