The jangle of Nausheen's bangles

zindagi Senior Member
zindagi
zindagi

Posted: 28 December 2004 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
The jangle of Nausheen's bangles
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   December 8, 2004
This series takes a sneak peek into the off-screen lives of the TV stars. This week the erstwhile Kkusum, Nausheen Ali Sardar, who now features in Kaalchakra, presents a glimpse into her private life
Shaheen Parkar
BANGLE QUEEN: I have a fetish for all kinds of bangles. Don't ask me how many of them I have. My collection is from different places all over the globe. My favourite ones are the kadas I picked up in Jaipur; they are in lac with diamante work on it

ROOM WITH A VIEW:
My bedroom corner serves as a good place to pause and ponder. I like to stare out into the open spaces and the sea beyond. I love to stay opposite the sea.

Even though the sea is at a distance from my place off Versova, I still manage to get a view from the window.

SALAD DAYS:
In the kitchen, I like to do all the odd jobs of cutting, chopping, grating, slicing, garnishing — the works. I think I am quite good at it. Food is not only about cooking, but also presentation. I am also partial to sweets. From Dutch Truffle to Black Forest, I've made it all with the toppings and decorations. On the food front, I am a fishetarian — I can live on grilled fish.

GREEN THUMB: As we have a terrace flat, there's space for a small little garden where I have grown some exotic plants. There are American tomatoes; the seeds of which I picked up in the US. I purchased plenty of flower seeds in the US and they have survived the Mumbai climate!

MUSIC TRAIL: I learn classical music four times a week from Sajjad Hussain. I am also learning to play the harmonium. At home, we have plenty of musical instruments as my father, T H Sardar, though a lawyer by profession, is greatly interested in classical music. He wanted to be a singer. I have inherited his musical genes. Music provides me with great peace of mind. At the moment I am undecided if I would like to pursue singing professionally — may be in the future.

CLOTHESHORSE: I splurge on any outfit that catches my fancy.

The end result is that I have so much of stuff I have not even worn. I am mostly in Western wear but have quite a collection of Indian formal wear.

My sister Nuzat is a designer so she keeps providing me with her creations.

The outfit I am wearing in the picture below has been with me for long, but I am wearing it for the first time now.

Some of the stuff is so heavy that once I wore it at a wedding and everyone was looking at me. I was more dressed up than the bride!

Pics: Santosh Harhare

MY TWO 'BABIES': The one on my lap is Bambi, it's a pug while the other is Simba — The Lion King, a Rotweille. My mother was totally against the idea of keeping dogs in the house for religious reasons. I love animals, especially dogs. One day I got Simba home when my mum was away. When she came, she threw a fit. It was like either my mum stayed in the house or the dogs. But over time she has grown fond of them.

Today she cares for them even more than me. Once I took Bambi along for a photo shoot and he gave me a really tough time!

dolly1211 Goldie
dolly1211
dolly1211

Posted: 29 December 2004 at 1:39am | IP Logged
Hey tatz a wonderful piece of info... thanks !
cutereems IF-Dazzler
cutereems
cutereems

Posted: 29 December 2004 at 1:57am | IP Logged
She looks pretty in these western dresses than that stupid Kkusum's character. Thanx for info Zindagi
pretty Senior Member
pretty
pretty

Posted: 29 December 2004 at 8:47am | IP Logged
Those were gr8 picts . Thanx a lot for them
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 29 December 2004 at 10:07am | IP Logged
thanx 4 da info
meghavi IF-Rockerz
meghavi
meghavi

Posted: 29 December 2004 at 10:36am | IP Logged
thanks..nice pics
rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 29 December 2004 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

Awesome pics and thanks for the article!

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 29 December 2004 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
thanks zindagi!  I miss her as kusum!!! i wish she would come back !

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top