Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Farah Khan (Page 6)

mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 10 November 2007 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pradarshak

fighting with the film of one of the biggest icons of Bollywood(SLB) for releasing her film on the very special week of Dewali. How many can dare to do that? What a confidence!

i liked your post dear, but disagree about the last sentence..
it is a fight between SLB and King Khan and the battle is half won that way...
Would she release a film  of her starring newcomers / relatively lesser popular stars against any film starring SRK ? Embarrassed  something makes me doubt that.  jmo.. 

mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 10 November 2007 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

why kjo is superb he has the same winning factors and he even messed up with those same guys with KANK?

ohno!  KANK bombed because of Hypocrites, who loved to live vicariously thru that idiot MAYA and DEV, and then were jealous for not achieving what those losers achieved, by getting together..

For any society so far ahead in extra-marital affairs, it was too hard to digest and watch the effects on screen.. Clandestine is how ppl love it, not out in open Tongue
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 10 November 2007 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

fighting with the film of one of the biggest icons of Bollywood(SLB) for releasing her film on the very special week of Dewali. How many can dare to do that? What a confidence!

Would she release a film  of her starring newcomers / relatively lesser popular stars against any film starring SRK ? Embarrassed  something makes me doubt that.  jmo.. 

I dont think its more about SRK ( Dhoom2 desttroyed DON last year) but OSO and SRK together will overshadow SLB's effort for sure... I am just waiting for box-office earnings to substantiate my statement... I havent seen sawariya but after seeing OSO the bar is raised so high... SLB will find it tough to match up with that....

Edited by qwertyesque - 10 November 2007 at 9:13pm
mermaid_QT IF-Sizzlerz
mermaid_QT
mermaid_QT

Posted: 10 November 2007 at 9:20pm | IP Logged

I dont think its more about SRK ( Dhoom2 desttroyed DON last year) but OSO and SRK together will overshadow SLB's effort for sure... I am just waiting for box-office earnings to substantiate my statement... I havent seen sawariya but after seeing OSO the bar is raised so high... SLB will find it tough to match up with that....

It was Hrithik, Ash, AB Heart (although he was his crappiest worst in that CryCryCry) + all diehard AMITABH fans versus SRK in a remake.. He would have never faded else.... EmbarrassedEmbarrassed.. JMO..

haven't seen either OSO / saawariyaa, but something tells me the storyline SEEMS less cliched than saawariya's.. and Deepika is a stunner.. so Yes, I agree that all those add to SRK's charm to make it a bigger hit. 

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 10 November 2007 at 11:14pm | IP Logged

It was Hrithik, Ash, AB Heart (although he was his crappiest worst in that CryCryCry) + all diehard AMITABH fans versus SRK in a remake.. He would have never faded else.... EmbarrassedEmbarrassed.. JMO..

haven't seen either OSO / saawariyaa, but something tells me the storyline SEEMS less cliched than saawariya's.. and Deepika is a stunner.. so Yes, I agree that all those add to SRK's charm to make it a bigger hit. 

its not just fans... dhoom2 was techically better than the photo-copying caper of SRK.....the point i want to drive is SRK cant give successful movies single handedly like amitabh used to do... he was called the one man industry... SRK is not close to that....

Guardian Angel IF-Sizzlerz
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 11 November 2007 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
I donot know this Tanuja lady but kudos to her too.

I have seen Farah Khan on SRGMP and Nach Baliye. I realize she has a back-up of great stars but I give her all the credit. She seems very nice but feisty lady carrying triplets and yet doing so much. I wish OSO all the best.... really looking forward to seeing it. I gather she had 31 plus stars for one song.... its hard to cater to one star, let alone 31!!
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 11 November 2007 at 9:29pm | IP Logged

why kjo is superb he has the same winning factors and he even messed up with those same guys with KANK?

ohno!  KANK bombed because of Hypocrites, who loved to live vicariously thru that idiot MAYA and DEV, and then were jealous for not achieving what those losers achieved, by getting together..

For any society so far ahead in extra-marital affairs, it was too hard to digest and watch the effects on screen.. Clandestine is how ppl love it, not out in open Tongue

No my dear... its the mandate of collective wisdom.. the movie didnt make any sense...Irrespective of the propriety of extra-marital affairs.. people can make out whats a good and whats trash...LOL.For eg....Movies like Silsila and Arth have been applauded...and not trashed...Smile.. Kank handled the whole theme is a meaningless manner...That getting together of those two characters was even funniier since their respective spouses dumped them.. so they were pitiably united in the end... which really didnt matter...Smile

lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 12 November 2007 at 10:12am | IP Logged

No my dear... its the mandate of collective wisdom.. the movie didnt make any sense...Irrespective of the propriety of extra-marital affairs.. people can make out whats a good and whats trash...LOL.For eg....Movies like Silsila and Arth have been applauded...and not trashed...Smile.. Kank handled the whole theme is a meaningless manner...That getting together of those two characters was even funniier since their respective spouses dumped them.. so they were pitiably united in the end... which really didnt matter...Smile

Loved Silsila and Arth.Tongue When KANK came out , my initial reaction was to compare it with these 2 movies and there was abs no comparrision in the way the of script , story or the actors. AB lifted Silsila much higher then SRK could in KANK and Smita Patil and the other 2 actors did a great job in tragic story of Arth. Also the chemistry between AB/Rekha and Sanjeev kumar in S was brilliant. Sadly none of the characters of KANK could garner any sympathy from the audience.

Go to top