Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 7

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 7
Page 6 Page 7

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Farah Khan (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Thats true for many directors today.. if Mani ratnam had releases a movie on that day it will flop too since we know his genre... SRK has a clout but there are many of his films which have flopped including ventures like swadesh, and paheli.. so he no amitabh either.... so this argument is not so strong to say Farah's movie succeed because of SRK.. they succeed because they are good and accpeted...Smile

My argument is also same. It is true for all directors. I was objecting to being proud of Farah because she is a female. No....no doubt about her gender thereLOL. No one would go to watch Saroj Khan movie first day first show. People went to watch MHN because of SRK and marketing. The marketing SRK did for the movie was great. So I won't consider Farah Khan among the best woman directors just like I won't put KJo among the best directors of India.

Sure the marketing done for Main prem ki diwani... was as good with geniuses all around.. still it flopped and Farah got it right so obviously she is a genius to an extent.....Smile

Farah is not a RGV or MR.. but she sure is good......If MMD made a history of masala... she can do it and deserves all accolades for it.. EVen with a strong cast AAA belongs to ManmohanDesai and not any of hte "big" actors"

I didn't say that she is bad.Smile I said that she is lucky and confident because of biggie backing and just like KJo, she knows what audience wants.Where does gender come into picture?  KJo is a superb director and all men should be proud of his films.

I as a woman don't find anything to be proud of Farah Khan on the basis of just one MHN and an unreleased OSO. That is the only argument from my end.

why kjo is superb he has the same winning factors and he even messed up with those same guys with KANK?

Farah has a unique distinction of tryin something outside her field and winning it the veri first time... now if you dont feel proud its ok. but that she did it big (successful)in two first attempts of diverse kind can make many women proud and thats a valid sentiment....

How many women you know have achieved this distinction?Smile that is two successful attempts of diverse kind in two different fields...Smile

Edited by qwertyesque - 06 November 2007 at 1:50pm

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

TexanHolden

IF-Rockerz

TexanHolden

Posted: 07 November 2007 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
if i had to rate farah khan as creative of ten scale..than she would fall at -10. her dancing steps are from MJ,old musical S.korean films and hollywood.

the only women im proud of are mera nair and deepa mehta.. they have both had less of commerical and "srk" Tongue of being filmmakers.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 07 November 2007 at 8:48pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Theatre

if i had to rate farah khan as creative of ten scale..than she would fall at -10. her dancing steps are from MJ,old musical S.korean films and hollywood.

the only women im proud of are mera nair and deepa mehta.. they have both had less of commerical and "srk" Tongue of being filmmakers.

Who is your Nair? Can you share those secrets...LOL

Deepa mehta has to get some time from all that stone pelting...and ups and downs of releases....LOL

joie de vivre

Goldie

joie de vivre

Posted: 07 November 2007 at 9:08pm | IP Logged

I'll say this much for Farah,she is perhaps the only one who exploits SRK's star power to the fullest...Whilst K Jo usually ropes in a bevy of stars ALONGSIDE SRK for his films,Farah's films run under their own steam as SRK films...She does not pretend to make path-breaking cinema,she is presumptuously unapologetic about making hardcore potboilers and she isn't a pseudo...She knows full well that she cannot make a film like Guru or Rang de Basanti,she knows her strengths and limitations as well as she knows and understands her audience and she thankfully doesn't intend to prove a point to anybody(which K Jo tried with KANK,but failed miserably Dead )....

Besides,Farah's films are pleasing on the eye too...The leading lady is a stunner(Sushmita looked ravishing in MHN,Deepika is exceptionally pretty too),some wonderful songs with very innovative picturisation..Her films exude colour and vibrancy,joy and a calculated amount of drama....She mercifully doesn't go for the usual Rani or Preity,she thankfully doesn't shoot her films abroad and the picturisation of songs are very novel(Tumse Milke in MHN,Dard-E-Disco in OSO,Ajab Si in OSO,Gori Gori in MHN),and thus she proves that though she hails from the Manmohan Desai/YRF/K Jo school of filmmaking,she is distincting different from them,she has a signature style...

One might argue that SRK backed her,but SRK would not be backing someone whom he cannot repose his confidence in...I wouldn't say that I'm proud of Farah or anything,she has done very little work to be put in the pantheon....She isn't supremely talented,but she is most certainly an increbidly intelligent film maker Big smile

Edited by joie de vivre - 08 November 2007 at 1:35am

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 08 November 2007 at 11:08am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Theatre

Choreographing is not just about steps( Undoubtedly her steps are influenced, very urban style), any one can copy steps and most of the Bollywood Choreographers do that(even Saroj Khan's step are Indian folk and classical dance based). Anyone can make a good dancer(like Madhuri, Sridevi, Hrittik, Govinda, Aishwarya) dance. But when a choreographer takes out the best out of a mediocre/okay dancer that's his/her credit.  

I thought she showed her talent as a choreographer in movies like "Dil se"("Chaiya chaiya" was the most innovative song of that time, a cult), "Dil chahata hai"(remember the song "Woh ladki hain kahan", those steps became so famous) and then of course "Kaho na pyar hai"(which was brilliant).

I feel proud of them too, but they are in a different league/genre. If I like to listen to Sunidhi Chauhan does not mean I won't like to listen to Shubha Mudgal.

By the way, these two can  have much more big productions backing them(which of course they have earned with their work, esp. Meera Nair) . The kind of production house which can hire 10s of SRK.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 10 November 2007 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
After watching OSO my opinion has changed.. I too think Farah is a good perceptive director... and knows the basic goal of movie making and that is entertainment... and also I really lik sharrukh now. Fantastic endeavoour indeed... Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top