Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Farah Khan (Page 3)

souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 11:11am | IP Logged

I agree with Maya on this one. I'm not saying that the lady has no talent, no doubt she's a good choreographer, and even PR building requires huge skills. But matter of fact is, her MHN was such a success because of SRK and similarly if she's daring to release a movie on the same date as SLB's then also it's  because of SRK. I don't think anyone went to see MHN or for that matter will go to see OSO because it's directed by Farah Khan.

Edited by souro - 06 November 2007 at 11:13am
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

I agree with Maya on this one. I'm not saying that the lady has not talent, no doubt she's a good choreographer, and even PR building requires huge skills. But matter of fact is her MHN was such a success because of SRK and similarly if she's daring to release a movie on the same date as SLB's then also it's  because of SRK. I don't think anyone went to see MHN or for that matter will go to see OSO because it's directed by Farah Khan.

Thats true for many directors today.. if Mani ratnam had releases a movie on that day it will flop too since we know his genre... SRK has a clout but there are many of his films which have flopped including ventures like swadesh, and paheli.. so he no amitabh either.... so this argument is not so strong to say Farah's movie succeed because of SRK.. they succeed because they are good and accpeted...Smile

souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by souro

I agree with Maya on this one. I'm not saying that the lady has not talent, no doubt she's a good choreographer, and even PR building requires huge skills. But matter of fact is her MHN was such a success because of SRK and similarly if she's daring to release a movie on the same date as SLB's then also it's  because of SRK. I don't think anyone went to see MHN or for that matter will go to see OSO because it's directed by Farah Khan.

Thats true for many directors today.. if Mani ratnam had releases a movie on that day it will flop too since we know his genre... SRK has a clout but there are many of his films which have flopped including ventures like swadesh, and paheli.. so he no amitabh either.... so this argument is not so strong to say Farah's movie succeed because of SRK.. they succeed because they are good and accpeted...Smile

There is no 'they', it's only 'it'. 'It' (MHN) was just a formulaic masala movie, which at any given time has equal chance of succeeding or flopping. MHN succeeded because of the SRK factor, not because of any directorial genius.

SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Ashutosh Gowarikar made Swadesh with Shahrukh and it bombed. So, it's not true that MHN worked just because of Shahrukh. Shahrukh can bring in the initial crowds, but for sustenance there should be a mass-appeal which MHN had. I watched it in spite of Shahrukh Tongue
...M... IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 11:53am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
...M... IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 11:56am | IP Logged

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 11:56am | IP Logged
Farah is SRK's Pet...Just like Lalu's Rabri... Wink Tongue
...M... IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 12:00pm | IP Logged

Go to top