Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 3 Page 7

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
A fan of neither Farah nor SRK, ive gotta say I agree with mayadi.

personally, I will watch sawariya b4 watching OSO.

I dont know what else to add, mayadi has summed it up quite well.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Farah Khan (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
I agree SRK supported her as a friend, they might remain friend in future too but would he have continued to support her the same way as a director if "Main Hu Na" did not work. It was totally her conception and it worked. We have seen many actor-director, actor-dance director(like Madhuri-Saroj Khan) combination clicked so they keep on doing work together. It would be always the tendency of a top actor to work with/to draw the best people towards him/her. A person who will be helpful for his/her career. If friendship would have been the only factor for Farah then she should have been restricted to only SRK movies. Even Maniratnam chose her for "Iruvar" which came before he started "Dil se" with SRK. Her other projects too look envier to any choreographer of Bollywood.

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 7:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Pradarshak

It would be always the tendency of a top actor to work with/to draw the best people towards him/her. A person who will be helpful for his/her career.

I am not sure how much of it is friendship between SRK and Farah , but they  definitely click together and are feeding off each other in the business. In 1990's when Juhi Chawla was an established star after Darr and HHRPK, she agreed to work with newbie SRK in Raju ban gaya gentlemen and couple other movies. They later formed a company and made Phir bhi dil hai hindustani together. I think it was after this that DDLJ and later KKHH happened and SRK moved to KJO and Farah camp and dumped JC . 

Farah is loud mouthed, opiniated and somewhat talented and practically is one of the guys which definitly works toward her advantage.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

^^^I am not rubbishing your arguments but I stand by my views. Farah and SRK became friends on Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na sets and since then he is her best friend. She has maintained that in many interviews too that SRK is her father even though she is 1 year elder to him. SRK did her Kanyadaan. Smile

Just like Farah Khan, Saroj too received many awards but how many would agree to do Saroj's first film? 1942- Love story's choreography also had Sanjay Leela Bansali's input because he was the associate director and that is the reason behind their cold war because he often interupted her choreography as he thought she lacked grace and he didn't agree to lot of her dance steps.

You think SRK supported her because he spotted immense talent in her? I don't think so. He supported her because she is his closest friend just like how he said yes! to KJo. Red chillies had complete command over 'Main Hoon Na'. His inputs were valued and they worked together in the movie. SRK knew how to market it. Farah knows audience pulse and I give her credit for that but I won't consider it as an achievement a woman got by herself. She is lucky to have such great friends in the industry which is rare to find. Smile

Alas only if he knew how to market his own...to success..LOLLOL..

Farah deserves the credit for what she has done.. nobody cares for friendship etc when it comes to the bottom line... She is talented for sure.....

TallyHo

IF-Rockerz

TallyHo

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
Farah Khan is the only commercially viable and successful women director in the Hindi film industry...

I have heard that she is very aggressive and in control on her sets...no one talks of her in the same bracket as the other women directors...but she is in teh bracket of Kjo, SLB, Yash Raj...and that itself is commendable

We all have to agree that talent alone usually never gets you success...its combination of luck, resources etc etc...she stuck with SRK since kabhi haan kabhi na...not knowing that he will be the next superstar or will turn producer...and if the friend offered to help whats wrong with that!

If she is all SRK made...there is another director that comes to mind by the name of KJo

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 2:00am | IP Logged
There are a bunch female movie directors who have made impeccable critically acclaimed. However, in my mind Farah Khan is the only one who is a commercial success and stands up in a mans world.

True her friendship with Shahrukh is a part of the push to her success, but it cannot discredit the hard work determination and effort she has put in her career. She wanted to be a director and started out as an assistant director and ended up being a choreographer. She worked to be able to direct the film.

SRK may bring star power to her film, but we all know star power is not simply enough to make a good film. A movie runs for a variety of factors.

What I like about Farah Khan is her sense of humor. Main Hoon Na was formulaic, but I have never seen a wittier film. It was punch after punch at the age old cliches of Hindi cinema. The Rickshaw chase, the spit Matrix, the mission impossible theme is an outright parody of 'inspiration' in Hindi Cinema. The OSO trailers promise the same sarcasm and irony.

I think Farah Khan rocks. Her wit, her humor and her commercial aptitude remind me of SNL's Tina Fey.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 9:31am | IP Logged
All successful people look pretty to meSmile....however....There are many more quality female Indian multi talented film people!
For instance ...consider Revathi...she is a wonderful actor and she proved that she is a sensible and wonderful director by the film
Mitr: My Friend.

Tanuja chandra's films are also good. Her Sur movie was really good .

They might not be commercial success but those movies are much more better than farah khan's movies..Should see non SRK films of Farah..if they get hit..then we can think about..Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top