Page 1 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 11:59am | IP Logged

It was brewing in my head for quite sometime, I think this is just the right time just before the release of OSO. Yes, the lady I am talking about I am a great fan of hers. She is amazingly talented. She changed the face of choreography in Indian cinema, remember "Pelha Nasha". Indian audiences learnt a choreographer can be considered good not just for the thumkas and latkas-jhatkas. Always love dance, and she is suberb. And now directing movies, a musical was expected from a dance director. But she tried something different from her forte. I know many would say that she makes the same formula masala movie. Many do such, but she is a success. She knows the nerves of the public, what they want.

Lastly being a girl, I feel extremely proud of her for being a director with only one movie in her kitty(Main hu na), fighting with the film of one of the biggest icons of Bollywood(SLB) for releasing her film on the very special week of Dewali. How many can dare to do that? What a confidence!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Farah Khan" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by Pradarshak

Lastly being a girl, I feel extremely proud of her for being a director with only one movie in her kitty(Main hu na), fighting with the film of one of the biggest icons of Bollywood(SLB) for releasing her film on the very special week of Dewali. How many can dare to do that? What a confidence!

Why do you think Farah Khan is famous and confident whereas we hardly remember a brilliant filmmaker like Tanuja Chandra?

It pays to be most saleable star's friend. So no credit for Farah Khan, the woman.Smile

Maya, I know Tanuja Chandra is good too. "Dushman" was great, but her later works did not click even she got to work with stars like Aksaye Kumar, Priety Zinta. But not to forget Farah is self-made, SRK or other star friends did not come to her rescue or make her career in the begining. She earned every bit of it. SRK as a producer made movies like "Ashoka""Phir bhi.....", those did not work. "Chalte chalte" was mild hit.  He break new ground with the success of "MHN" as a producer. This lady is a powerhouse of talent I believe. Farah can think beyond SRK and work with others, but I guess not same for SRK. He can't afford to let her go to someone else.

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 12:40pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Pradarshak

Why do you think Farah Khan is famous and confident whereas we hardly remember a brilliant filmmaker like Tanuja Chandra?

It pays to be most saleable star's friend. So no credit for Farah Khan, the woman.Smile

Don't agree with you, Maya maiyya Tongue. Farah struggled to achieve her status as a choreographer, and her film worked not because of Shahrukh, but because she did what the makers of blockbusters in the 80s had done - use a "formula" successfully. Shahrukh has given us flop movies, so no credit to Shahrukh for her success. Even with OSO - I like the look of the movie from the promos, and I'll watch it despite Shahrukh and his six-packs.

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 1:42pm | IP Logged

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 1:45pm | IP Logged

Pradarshak

Goldie

Pradarshak

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 2:30pm | IP Logged

SJB and Pradarshak, Farah Khan met SRK when she was still struggling as a choreographer. She didn't have money for dancers in the background and he helped her with that and also recommended her to his directors. She shot to fame mainly because of him. Recommendations are very important in this industry. Personally I don't think she has good knowledge about dancing. Her steps are repetitive and lack grace but it sells alrightTongue

If I remember correctly she got her first Filmfare award for the song "Pehla Nasha"(Jo jeta.....) in 1992, when SRK was a nobody in the industry(His film "Diwana" was realeased after "Jo jeta...." in the same year). So, Farah already got her fame as a choreographer , before SRK came into the picture. Only after "Dil se" and "Kuch Kuch Hota hain" in 1998 SRK-Farah team became prominent. Who can forget the famous song " Kuch Na Kaho" of "1942, A love story" choreographed by her? It was such a aethetic treat.

Saroj Khan is a wonderful choreographer and much famous but still how many of us would go to watch her movie? Whereas Farah Khan had SRK, Sushmita saying YES to her first movie and Red Chillies (SRK's production house) backing up and marketing the film.

I would still rate Saroj Khan as no. 1 choreographer when it comes to make a female dance(Like Madhuri, Sridevi). But Farah has "unisex" talent. I know sometimes they look repetitive but whatever she makes them do, does not bore us. She has given a lot of stylish steps to all the boys including (SRK, Hrittik, Aamir). She is the only choreographer who got calls for prestigious international projects.

Is SRK a fool? Why would he invest money on someone if that person has no such talent? I guess he has lot many friends, why Farah? I feel her insight about the film market is great.

I love her goofy movies but I don't think there is anything to be proud of her achievement as a woman. She is lucky.

Edited by Pradarshak - 05 November 2007 at 2:31pm

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 2:54pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top