Writers Corner

A beautiful dream

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

kabhi_21

IF-Rockerz

kabhi_21

Posted: 30 October 2007 at 3:39am | IP Logged

"Its been one year I have not met many friends here. Life was so monotonous" I told my friend while we were making 'Shira' or 'Suji ka halwa' an indian sweet, that we both like. Bang comes his reply "I have been here for three years and I always thought that I am the only indian around here, except for my bosses." We smiled as we knew that we were now friends, and most important, we were not alone in the alien world.

"So how did you land up here", I asked. He replied "I was in mumbai working for another factory of my boss, and got a chance to come here, earn some money, so that I can fund the marriage of my sisters". I just thought to myself "Dreams" The delicious Shira is ready to sweeten our smiles. Almonds, raisins, ghee aaah!!!! what a smell... "Delicious" I said. "Its my speciality" says Vishal.

Ohh! I had not introduced you to my new dreamy friend. He is Vishal who came to this alien country just like me to fulfil dreams. However he has made this alien country his own in this three years by learning the language. However the life was still the same for him "Monotonous and boring"

We are on the table now eating the heavenly smelling shira. "So what are you doing here" Vishal asked. "Had a nice life in Mumbai. The job I liked, many friends in hostels, 4 hours journey to my home, when I got a chance to come here for better pay. oooh 4 times i got in india" We laughed. "Family problems" he asks. "I have not paid anything at my home except gifts" I said, pused and continued "I have a dream. I want to have a business in 9 years time and I am bearing this life for that" From vishal's looks, I can not say that he had delicious shira just now.

After a little shock, he says "So tell me about your dream." I cut him "a beautiful dream" A smile comes on my face as if I am dreaming of my dream girl. Of course, I am in the age of dreaming girls and I do have crushes and do dream about certain girls. However this dream was different, this was even more beautiful. I always liked challenges and hence I always wanted to go for business. Coming from a family of service people, It was surely challenging to have successful business. However I had determined.

"I had this dream for long time" I told him "I have seen my parents working hard to finance my studies and I am sure your parents did that too. However while growing, I came across many personalities who tried to dare and do business. They not only earned money themselves, but employed some people and earned money for their families too. The smiles on the faces of those employees and their families, and also smiles on faces of our familes will give me so much satisfaction in this life." Now I was greening from one ear to another while saying this.

All along this year I learned that there can be a more beautiful dream than dreaming for your dream girl. A dream, that is more meaningful, that can give you reason to live and that can bring smile on your face, even in the otherwise "monotonous and boring" life.

Edited by kabhi_21 - 30 October 2007 at 3:41am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A beautiful dream" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 30 October 2007 at 6:40am | IP Logged
well the piece is good but you miught want to chek your grammer based on the past/present usage of words...
other than that, good one

kabhi_21

IF-Rockerz

kabhi_21

Posted: 30 October 2007 at 6:43am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ~Sirius*Ysh~

well the piece is good but you miught want to chek your grammer based on the past/present usage of words...
other than that, good one

thanks.... yeah will give attention to the grammer next timeSmile.....

Guardian Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Guardian Angel

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 30 October 2007 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
Hi Abhi: Nice to see you here in the Writer's Corner. Nice post too. The grammar is easy to correct if you can write well.   Smile

Edited by Guardian Angel - 30 October 2007 at 2:04pm

kabhi_21

IF-Rockerz

kabhi_21

Posted: 30 October 2007 at 7:35pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Guardian Angel

Hi Abhi: Nice to see you here in the Writer's Corner. Nice post too. The grammar is easy to correct if you can write well.   Smile

thanks..... yeah probably i was writing from office when bossy was there so definitely some mistakes were expectedLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top