Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)
Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

India-Forums

"Time" AM FF - Pg 49 / 24 Oct - Ch 23 (Page 6)

sidsk IF-Rockerz
sidsk
sidsk

Posted: 03 November 2007 at 5:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desi chic

Siddu, u chupi rustam!... this is absolute insanity... insanity in its most sane form... need I say I love this... Girl, that pen of yours, or the keys in this case I suppose... you meddle like best budz... I swear... agar koi kitaab likho na, I'll be the first to stand with the autographed copy my dear! Breath-taking imagery... You know, theres this deep... ceaseless flow to your work... from the time of the creeping horizon... to the radiant overflow of light... Just simply amazing. As an veteran KGGK viewer, theres something I've always wondered about if it were to take place... and that is the Paro-Pallo jodi coming together... but with no pinch of old rivalry... You bring it lovely forth... And "he" is much awaitedWink Awesome stuff, ClapClap Hum toh abhi se kayal ho chuke...

Cheers,

dc

Neetu really you are too kind with your words.Embarrassed Thnx a lot for the compliments.Very humbled.

And madamji,its me who's gonna be a first in line with an autographed copy,if and when you write a book.

Aap guru,hum shishya

luxs Groupbie
luxs
luxs

Posted: 03 November 2007 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Nice ff! Please keep continuing.
sidsk IF-Rockerz
sidsk
sidsk

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
About Paro,Suyash and Pallavi: glad you guys liked it.I wasnt even planning on that.Just came to me abruptly I guess.Just a few things though.
Even though Suyash still loves Paro,they are just good friends.
I had been looking forward to Paro's and Pallavi's reluctant friendship during Chotu's track.But then those creatives went and spoiled the whole thing.
So in this fic,Paro and Pallavi are not exactly best friends LOL but are each other confidantes.Pallavi and Suyash still hate each other but over the years they learned to tolerate each other's presence. Wink

Chapter 4

"Each has his past shut in him like the leaves of a book known to him by heart and his friends can only read the title."-Virginia Woolf.

A few years back the "B.K college of Law" in which Parvati had been a trustee had not been doing well.It had been running in losses on account of inefficient teachers and lack of proper adminstration.Almost all the founder members had withdrawn their shares from the college,except Suyash Mehra, leaving him the sole owner of the college.
Not wanting to close down the college he started bringing some radical changes among which the first had been offering the position of dean to Parvati.
Having not much to do with Kamal,Bharat,Chotu,Sammer and Shruti running the business well,Parvati had accepted.
Alongwith with Pallavi, who now occupied Parvati's earlier position,Parvati and Suyash had painstakingly worked to improve the college making it one of the most sought after colleges in Mumbai.
Gunn and Pragati too had joined the college as teachers since both were law students.
Maithili had completed her education, which had been left incomplete when she had gotten married.Following her grandad's footsteps,she was now qualified to be an accountant.But she had continued to be Parvati's assistant.
Presently,she was sorting out some old papers in her office when she heard a knock.
"Come in", she called.
The door opened and looking up she saw Pragati enter.
"You dont have to knock you know",she told her seven month old pregnant friend.
Pragati smiled, "Oh what to do....Basic courtesy is just ingrained in me,you see",she said in a mock-arrogant tone.
Maithili gave her a look as if to say "Oh! I see."
"So what are you doing?" Pragati asked,sitting on a chair and looking at all the papers strewn across the room.
"Oh nothing.Just throwing some useless papers which had accumulated with me......By the way have you found a substitute teacher for yourself?"
Pragati had been advised by the doctor not to work during her pregnancy and so currently they were searching for someone to teach in Pragati's place.
"No,...Havent found anyone yet."
"Hmm..."
Just then another knock sounded on the door.
"Yes...",Maithili called out.
A tall robust looking man entered the room.It was Rohan Kapoor,Pragati's brother-in-law who was also the chief accountant of the college.
"Good morning ladies", he greeted them.
After talking for a few minutes with Pragati,he turned to Maithili.
"Maithili,is Parvati Maam in her office?I need to discuss something with her."
Looking at the clock on the wall,Maithili said "She will be here in half an hour."
"Alright.......So,How have you been? Havent spoken to you in a long time."
"Im fine...Yes,I was a little bit busy during the break,"she replied. Busy brooding,she thought to herself. "How were your holidays?"
"Fine.A bit boring actually.I missed coming here", he said looking intently at her........ "to college."
She smiled vaguely at him,then turned back to her papers.
Suddenly feeling a bit awkward,he cleared his throat."So I guess I'll see you both later then..........Bye."
"Bye", they said as he went out.
For a few minutes no one said anything,the only sound in the room coming from the rustling of papers as Maithili continued sorting them,her face blank showing none of the slight irritation she felt inside.
Sighing she said, "Say it.I know you want to say something."
"What? I dont want to say anything.....I didnt even say anything and I wasn't even thinking of saying anything so how can you think that I want to say something when actually I really do not want to say anything.............",Pragati trailed off confused at what she just said.
Mathili raised a eyebrow at her and returned to her papers.
"You know...I think he really......"
"Yes I know Pragati",Maithili sighed.......How many times have I had this conversation,she thought to herself.
"He's a really nice guy Maithili...............And..and he likes you a lot too.In fact everyone in our family likes him and no one says it but everyone wants you two to....you know........get together."
Maithili stared at the papers in her hands thinking of how much had changed between her and Pragati.Sure they were still close friends and all but she really couldnt connect with Pragati anymore.........and she knew that was not Pragati's fault.It was because Pragati was blissfully unaware of many things.
"Look Maithili, I...I know its been hard for you after.........after Pranay. And I know from personal experience how leaving ur past behind and moving on is not easy."
Maithili looked at her and knew that she was thinking about Ankit.
"But Maithili, its not impossible.You have to try and move on, no matter how difficult it is........and I know you can."
If only you knew Pragati, Maithili thought,if only you knew..........that sometimes whatever you do, your past never leaves you.

****

As the two friends reflected about the pastss,far away in the vibrant city of London,a figure stood at his window reflecting on what will his future bring if he went back.Standing in the darkness of his room, looking at the glittering lights outside ,he thought back to the conversation he had with his grandfather a few days back.
"And so......you want me to come back there?" he had asked.
"Yes",had been the short reply.
"Just leave all the work here and come back there?"
"Yes...Im sure Shikhar can manage without you.And Karthik and Shravan are also there to help him out."
"Why me?..............Why not Karthik or Shravan?"
The reply had taken some time."Because you have much more experience and knowledge about business than them.Not to mention you have been blessed more than them in the brains department."
He had chuckled then,listening to his grandad's wry humour after a long time.
"So how's everything there?" he had asked smoothly changing the topic.
"Things here are.....fine I guess."
He wondered at the slight pause in between.
"How are Shikhar and Mayuri?",his grandad asked.
"Fine."
"Ask them for me....Well I have to go now.And I know you are not going to be giving me a reply right now.So I'm going to fax you the papers...No pressure.Just sending them in case you happen to have a change of mind.Give my regards to everyone and ask those two idiot brothers of yours to concentrate on their careers."

And the papers had been faxed just the next morning.
Persistance had always been a special trait of the Mehra's,he thought still gazing at the bright lights outside.
He put his hand in his pocket and fingered the worn edge of the paper inside.Taking it out fully,he looked at the photograph.
The photograph which he had stared at for countless seconds,countless minutes,countless hours.....
......the only picture that he had of her.
......the only thing that reminded him that deep down his heart was still beating.
He looked at the woman in the picture,still a girl in so many ways,sitting on the bench and reading a book,her fair falling slightly over her face,totally engrossed in her reading,unaware of anything else around her.
He looked back outside.
He knew what going back meant.
It would mean seeing her again.It meant going back to everything which he had left long ago and come here.........something he wasn't really sure he was ready for.
Turning away from the window, he walked back slowly towards his desk and switched on the lamp on it.
He looked at the papers blankly,not really reading anything.He had already been through it a dozen times before.
Taking a pen,he bent his tall frame slightly.
His long fingers poised over the paper,contemplating once again about what he was doing.
Finally making up his mind,he signed his name on the papers which would now make him the new owner of the B.K College of Law : Vikram Aditya Mehra 

~~~

*sigh* I just love that name. Embarrassed LOL
I really liked writing this chapter for obvious reasons. Wink

Edited by sidsk - 05 November 2007 at 2:17pm
maplez13 Senior Member
maplez13
maplez13

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 2:27pm | IP Logged

Duuuuuuuuude! Wonderful. This chapter wasn't as serious as the previous ones, nice to have some humour, but still have those emotions. Very touching. But the suspense is gonna kill me! I wanna know the story!
Funnny thing is, I'm not really into reading books, but when it comes to fanfics, esp urs, I can't help myself! LOL

P.S. I love that name too, Aditya esp. is a booootiful name. Wink

Edited by maplez13 - 05 November 2007 at 2:28pm
JennyPenny IF-Addictz
JennyPenny
JennyPenny

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
Oh gosh Sidu, this has to be the best chapter till date, I have just been thinking how beautiful write and it's fantastic Clap Clap Clap Awaiting for the next parrt, please don;t make us wait like Vas does with Love Wink Embarrassed Fantablous Clap

angelic shaz IF-Sizzlerz
angelic shaz
angelic shaz

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
wow omg dat was jus awesum!!!! Clap Clap Clap
i was like goin into my imaginary world lol imaging all of dis happening LOL
its simply awesum!!
cnt wait 4 more
continue soon Big smile
prabhyrehal Senior Member
prabhyrehal
prabhyrehal

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
this great you should give ekta kapoor some tips
luxs Groupbie
luxs
luxs

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
So VDM is going to be back! I bet the photo is has is of Mets. Don't keep them apart for too long. Great work! Continue soon.

Go to top