replace current serial story writers?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
In the recent posts its clear most of us are dissatisfied with the current serial story lines !!And why shouldn't they be , most serials made by Ekta Kapoor follow the same script and now the different and unique scripts like JJKN take on Ekta's story line paths . Do you also feel are script writers for the regular soaps need to go on a long break to be replaced with more talented , creative novelists????

In the Indian soap history there have been many wonderfull serials that have had excellent story lines , example , uddan , banegi apni baat , hum log , even recent ones like hubahu . More talented , creative writers need to be brought in .

And now look at the American serials shown in the U.S , they mostly have very creative stories , and don't churn out episodes after episodes without a good plan, story and direction . In the U.S most popular soaps have certain episodes planned for a season and then they go off air till they can plan the next season , like desperate house wives , Grey's Anatomy , Charmed ,Monk , Six feet Under, dead like me ,etc  they all take a seasons break , and when they return each episode is more exciting than the other  !! Maybe our tele soap directors need to learn something from them .
What do you all say ????!!!????
Edited by indygirl - 18 years ago
Sounds like a great idea. What ever it takes to make these seials better. However, all the above shows you mentioned were not soaps but shows. Even American soaps such as "as the world turns", "All my children" do not take breaks and go on--on--on--like Indian ones. I think the American soaps are far more better than the Indian ones. They are also far from reality, but make far more sense than the desi ones.       
i think both have their up's and downs. none of them r perfect,
Originally posted by ME_T

i think both have their up's and downs. none of them r perfect,

Could you please elaborate , didn't understand your statement !
YesINDY GIRL we need a a major overhaul of script writers, they seem to be repeating things over and over again. Even if they pick plots from foeign soaps, it should be done with finesse. EVen if they bring technical brilliance,if the story is poor, it cannot appeal to the audience.
signora2