Sports/Cricket

Shoaib Akhter recalled to Pakistan squad!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

WillSmith456

IF-Rockerz

WillSmith456

Posted: 27 October 2007 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Last Updated: Friday, 26 October 2007, 17:57 GMT 18:57 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version
Shoaib recalled to Pakistan squad
Shoaib Akhtar
Shoaib Akhtar was banned for 13 matches and fined 28,000
Pakistan have recalled controversial fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar for the series-deciding one-day international against South Africa in Lahore.

Shoaib, who has completed a 13-match ban imposed on him by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), is in the squad for Monday's fifth and final one-dayer.

He is also in the Pakistan squad for next month's one-day series in India.

"He remains a key player and will boost the pace attack for the Indian tour," said chief selector Salahuddin Ahmed.

the presence of Shoaib and Asif will make our bowling dependable
Chief selector Salahuddin Ahmed

Shoaib was sent home from the Twenty20 World Cup in South Africa in September after he struck fellow paceman Mohammad Asif with a bat during a brawl before the tournament started.

He was banned for 13 matches and fined 28,000 for four breaches of the code of conduct.

Shoaib was also put on probation for two years which means if he is again found guilty of violating the PCB's code of conduct he could be banned for life.

Pakistan will name the squad for the three Tests in India at a later date.

606: DEBATE

"For the one-dayers we believe we have picked the most balanced outfit and the presence of Shoaib and Asif will make our bowling dependable," said Ahmed.

The selectors added Akhtar and all-rounder Fawad Alam to the squad of players who have featured against South Africa.

Pakistan will play India in five one-dayers starting on 5 November in Guwahati.

• Pakistan one-day squad:

• Shoaib Malik (captain), Shahid Afridi, Salman Butt, Imran Nazir, Yasir Hameed, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Fawad Alam, Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul, Rao Iftikhar, Sohail Tanvir, Abdul Rehman.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shoaib Akhter recalled to Pakistan squad!" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

XxMadhurixX

XxMadhurixX

Posted: 27 October 2007 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
    well he is a gd bowler
    but pakistan r still wkd without him

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 27 October 2007 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
    ur so ryte yaar!!! but he has always wanted to play in india..unfortunatly last time he wasn't fit.. but now he is.. so lets see how well he do.. plus don't u wanna see Sachin Vs Shoaib Big smile ... they both are my fav so its hard for me to pick one.. i always enjoy their passion which is why i m looking forward to watch the series

farisss4

IF-Dazzler

farisss4

Posted: 28 October 2007 at 7:27am | IP Logged
    Originally posted by *Fiza*

ur so ryte yaar!!! but he has always wanted to play in india..unfortunatly last time he wasn't fit.. but now he is.. so lets see how well he do.. plus don't u wanna see Sachin Vs Shoaib Big smile ... they both are my fav so its hard for me to pick one.. i always enjoy their passion which is why i m looking forward to watch the series

yeha and i am sure dat he is gonna give it his best yar.. Tongue

*Fiza*

IF-Rockerz

*Fiza*

Posted: 28 October 2007 at 7:45am | IP Logged

Originally posted by farisss4

yeha and i am sure dat he is gonna give it his best yar.. Tongue

Inshallah he will..Big smile... i heard that he will play tommorow's match.. can't wait to see him back in action Embarrassed

coolsonu

IF-Rockerz

coolsonu

Posted: 28 October 2007 at 8:36am | IP Logged
    we'll see Shoaib back in action tomorrow!! Tongue

XxMadhurixX

XxMadhurixX

Posted: 28 October 2007 at 12:20pm | IP Logged

lool yeh its actualy always so fun 2 c shoaib against sachin LOL i ave nothin against shoaib i just think pakistan r still a gd team without him..lets c how does coz i use 2 luv him Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top