Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

ndtvideas

ndtvideas

Posted: 21 August 2005 at 7:13am | IP Logged

All the soaps on all the channels (be it Sony ,Zee ,Star Plus , Sahara,etc ; not necessarily in that order)  are meant to brainwash gullible viewers .They corrupt the minds of the people.

They have only one intention ; to increase their TRPs , (explained later)

So , while the viewer desparately waits for something to happen , the channel drags the soaps for years on end , sometimes with stories so silly , but the viewer still continues to watch the soap .The fact is that these serials are dragged for so long , that a story(or rather no-story) , which could be shown within 30 minutes is showed over a period of 30 weeks (if not more ) .

I have one simple question to whover watches these soaps ; What do you get by watching these soaps ?

I know some people if asked will give answers like they entertain us or help us relax , ...,but the fact is they serve no purpose .

It's hard to understand why people follow these soaps .Also ,the only gainer out of these serials are the people associated with it ; producres , directors , actors ,etc ; while the comman man watching this stands to gain nothing .

My intention is to get people to understand the reality & not get addicted to these stuff.

For those people who are not aware of what TRP's mean , here is it:
TRPs stand for Television Rating Points .It is a number which indicates the popularity of any particular show in relative terms .
So , a show 'A' with a TRP of 10 is watched by more people than another show 'B' with a TRP of 5.
It does not mean that show B is not good , as that is a personal choice.It just means more people watch show A than B.
Also , TRP is measured using a device called as people meter.
TRPs enable a show to get more advertisers & also the channel can charge higher if it's TRP is better.
The larger point that I had to make was the channels(incl. producres,actors) do not give a damn about the people who watch their shows . Their only concern is that they should get a high TRP.
Hope you understand my point now & that you will stop watching these soaps after reading this .

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Boring Indian Soaps" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

msidhu

msidhu

Posted: 21 August 2005 at 11:10am | IP Logged
hahahah u will never learn will u? do u serously not have a life? u gave this pointless little speech of urs before so why do u need to give it again? And ur calling me a "SARDAR"? your such a loner
the last topic was deleted for a reason and that was because it was turning in to an arguement rather than a debate and ur doing that AGAIN... i advise you to please go MAKE SOME FRIENDS!!

Edited by msidhu - 21 August 2005 at 11:11am

rat718

rat718

Posted: 21 August 2005 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
It would be great if we all try to give our opinions without being personal or accusive of others.

charu_81

Goldie

charu_81

Posted: 21 August 2005 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
I agree with u ndtvideas...That's why quit watching many soaps to which i was addicted...But later on i got frustrated....
One day there will be revolution on small screen..and all such soaps will loose viewership...And there will be more matured programmes on TV...

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 21 August 2005 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
o.k thats all i have to say !! LOL

ME_T

ME_T

Posted: 22 August 2005 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
i think that the person has the right to decide if he is ogin to wathc the soaps. i mean no1 has the right to criticise them 4 that.

rat718

rat718

Posted: 22 August 2005 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
Have we not heard the proverb that "you can take the horse near the water, but you cann ot make it drink it"!

achal

IF-Dazzler

achal

Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:11pm | IP Logged
LOL LOL LOL You just crack me up, ndtvsoaps..

Ok, so u wanted to kno what do we get by watching these soaps besides from entertainmeant and relaxment rite? I'll tell u what we get..
Have u ever even tried watching some of these soaps? Some even though not all, actually gives us some moral values, some life pointers, that we can use in our life.. Take JJKN for an example. Jessi's dad and dadi teach her many things about life, but they are not only taching her, but they are teaching us as well. You know, usually when our parents tell us the same thing her parents tell her, we don't believe it. But, to hear it from someone else, makes us believe in it. Maybe, it's our kamjori to not really believe our parents, but we ARE learning something from these soaps..
And, us people, living in USA, or somewhere abroad, personally, it helps us a lot.. We learn a lot of Hindi words from the soaps (even tho I'm not Indian) and from these soaps is how I learned Hindi, which qualifies me to speak 5 different language, and we learn the culture too. We get fed up by heaing English all the time, and by watching these soaps , we finally feel like we're bak in our home, where we belong...
Look, I'm not trying to convince u to watch these soaps, so I hope u too stop convincing to NOT watch these soaps. You are just wasting your time, since noone is gonna chnage their mind about not watching these soaps. If we had that intention, we would have never joine this site..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top