Posted: 21 August 2005 at 1:50am | IP Logged

E-mail this article

Rate this article
Search archive Comment

Print this article

View Comments

Gaurav Chanana

Gaurav goes to Italy

Small-screen actor Gaurav Chanana will be based in Rome for a forthcoming TV series

Shweta Teotia

It is usually cine-stars who are expected to move beyond frontiers and create a name for themselves abroad. At such a time, a TV actor's move towards doing the same is considered a feat in itself. Gaurav Chanana's international foray has indeed taken us by a surprise. He is amazed too and says, " I was quite thrilled but now I have let it sink in and I am feeling great about it".

Elaborating on the show, he says, " It will be a TV series and will be loosely based on Italian mafia. I am flying to Italy in September to finalise the deal. There are certain tests still to get over and negotiations that need to be wrapped up". When we probe more, He reveals, " Well, I am going to be based in Rome for the show so it is going to be great. The shooting is scheduled for February or may even be extended to march. " So how did the man manage to get lucky. He replies, "My show Yehi to hai woh on Star One is telecasted in the united states also .This how they got to know about me. Later they got in touch with me, were quite impressed with my pictures and things started rolling from there." However he does not divulge any names, " I really cant", he says, " as nothing is finalised yet. But soon I will. "

On the home front, he is yet looking for better options. Couple of film offers have been meted out to him but none that exciting. He makes it a point to mention, " It does not matter what media, it can be TV, films or theatre. What is important is that I should be able to get good work and be content."

These sure seem to be some words of wisdom from the young boy who appeared in a Brooklyn chewing gum advertisement years ago, when he came to Mumbai. This one has definitely come of age.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "gaurav in rome" in Other Star One Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top