Joined: 26 July 2006
First of all, HAPPY NAVRATRI to everyone!
And next... let's get to our Tip of the Week!
This week, we bring you....
*** HERBAL SECRETS TO BEAUTIFUL HAIR! ***
I'm sure everyone has heard of random tips and tricks to achieving beautifully soft hair... Here are six herbal remedies to add to that collection!
1. Rub lemon juice all over your scalp and leave in for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse off.
This treatment ensures dandruff free and absolutely clean hair. The key to beautiful hair is a clean scalp.
2. Mix equal amounts of dried shikakai, amla and ritha (Indian herbs) and powder them. Soak 2-3 handfuls of this mixture, over night, in water. It should not be too thin. The next day, sieve it out and use it to wash your hair.
It promotes hair growth as well as cures dandruff.
3. Soak dried amla in water overnight. Use this water to rinse your hair the next day.
Amla is a known hair tonic and a hair nourisher. It also promotes hair pigmentation, which makes the hair dark.
4. Boil some dried amla pieces in coconut oil for a few minutes. Cool and sieve. Massage your hair with this oil regularly for thick and lustrous hair.
5. For conditioning hair, henna is the best. A henna paste mixed with curd, an egg and lemon juice is an excellent conditioner if left on the hair for about 45 minutes. If you have dry hair, add 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil or coconut oil to the henna paste.
6. Used tea leaves can be boiled again in 2-3 cups of fresh water. Strain the liquid, cool it and use it on your hair as the last rinse after shampoo. Let down your hair after shampoo and gradually pour the tea water on the head, rubbing gently with the fingers. This will improve the look of your hair and you will get more beautiful hair.
These tips were from: http://www.ultimate-cosmetics.com/beautiful-hair.htm
Hope these helped! Please feel free to post some of your own tips!
Also, one last thing... if you are bothered about the smell of your hair after some of these treatments... strongly perfumed conditioner is your best friend!
Love, Fashion & Beauty Dev Team
The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:
silk opal, Angeleyes 2,
Joined: 11 February 2005
Joined: 25 May 2007
Joined: 02 June 2005
Joined: 15 January 2006
Joined: 11 February 2007
Joined: 31 March 2007
Joined: 29 October 2006
hair cut for short hair
Author: prietygirl Replies: 5 Views: 3778
|prietygirl||5||3778||10 October 2008 at 5:38pm by Jess.|
hair and hair
Author: fatima_koolgal Replies: 6 Views: 1622
|fatima_koolgal||6||1622||29 September 2008 at 6:37am by fatima_koolgal|
improper hair care leads to hair loss
Author: scoggialicia Replies: 4 Views: 2524
|scoggialicia||4||2524||03 July 2008 at 4:26pm by simpleL0VE38|
Hair care tips for beautiful hair
Author: surabhi279 Replies: 11 Views: 4915
|surabhi279||11||4915||14 June 2008 at 8:39am by colling|
hair styles for short straight hair?
Author: bindaas girl Replies: 4 Views: 2858
|bindaas girl||4||2858||08 December 2007 at 9:24am by sabrinaa.|
Popular Channels :Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK
Quick Links :Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index