Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

TV/Movies love vs. real life love (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 20 October 2007 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fariha17

Great topic! Clap

Thank you, and thanks for sharing your views!

To an extent, I'd have to agree that the love shown in movies/shows is in fact true and happens in reality since I have experienced it Smile When you truly love someone, you really do think of their happiness more than your own..in fact that's the only thing that matters to you whether you're part of that happiness or no.

Well, I don't have any words right now since you have experienced it.  I must say then you're truly lucky and never let your love go away from you.  I have yet to see a couple who is so deeply and truly in love with each other, but at least people like you give hope to people like me who don't believe that true love exists.

As far as sacrifices are concerned, sometimes they're exaggerated in shows/movies, but in true love, there are definitely great sacrifices so that concept itself is true also.

That's my point!  Yeah the sacrifices are exaggerated on screen and so are the characters but some of it has to be in real life too, right?  I mean going hanging out with each other and just saying 'I love you' doesn't mean the true love.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TV/Movies love vs. real life love (Page 2)" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 20 October 2007 at 6:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

<span>First of all, Pinky, thank you so much for replying!</span>
Originally posted by -Pinky-

i think love is exaggerated on screen, at least thats what i think bcuz i haven't seen THAT sacrificing n loving couples in real life. ever. like for example the other day i was watching dmg..(what a gr8show Embarrassed )but in one of the episodes they showed armaan standing in rain all night to show ridzi how much he cares. it was such a sweet thing to do..don't we all wish someone does that for us?loll but that got me thinking..who in real life would stand in the rain ALL night to make up with their gf/bf..i don't think anyone would.
raj in ddlj.. he flew all the way down to punjab from london to meet a girl who has never expressed her love for him. how many guys would do that?
then theres veer from veer zaara, who first of all, looses his job,something he was really passionate about, to meet this girl who lives in pakistan...not sure if he will ever be able to bring her back or even meet her. then, he's ready to stay in prison all his life claimed guilty of something he hasn't done. he does it just to protect zaara n her family's izzat. he sacrifice's his job, freedom and identity for 22 years.   
again who would do that? be ready to live in jail all their life without any complaints for their love? i know i wouldn't. its sooo totally unrealistic.
soo yah love shown in movie/tv, although very sweet, is farrrrr from reality.<span>There we go, that's exactly my point! No one is ever so sacrificing in real life that they wouldn't care about their job, happiness, and most of all their wants above anyone else's who they love. </span><br><br><span>That doesn't happen or at least I haven't see a guy or a girl doing that for his/her beloved.</span><br><br><span>That's why I say true love doesn't exist. For me, love is such a pure feeling that anyone who's in love with anyone else is ready to do anything for him/her.   For me, love is sacrifice and trust and if a person can't sacrifice the things that most matter to him for his love then how can we call it love?</span>

no problem.. Big smile
whoaa u have rly got me thinking. i want to believe that true love exists but ur right, one should be able to sacrifice everything for their loved ones, no matter how important that thing is to them. but i haven't seen couples in love doing it..so u do have a point, but see, maybe its cuz people in real life never encounter situations like that because even the situations in movies/tv are unrealistic (like the one veer encountered)...so they don't get a chance to show their love that way....and instead or standing in rain all night, they find easier, more intelligent ways to make up with their gf lol
u no what i mean?

and the reason i said i wouldn't do it is bcuz i haven't been in love.. so i am not actually sure ..maybe i WOULD do it if i felt so strongly for someone..idunno..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ramramramram

anku2cute

IF-Veteran Member

anku2cute

-

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 2:08am | IP Logged
aww so gud to c u here Mahi*hv yet to reply to ur pm..hehe*

okay now coming to the topic..well True Love...U knw ofcourse the love shown on tv/movies is so much exagerated that it cant exist in real life...Just take the example of Sumit n Kumkum...Well wht does not they do for their love...means sab kuch...itna jo we cant ever imagine...i guess no1 can exist truly like tht...for me i wuld say those are the ideal cases shown...jinmein koi galti koi khami nahin hai...

while true life we all have our negative points so its actually real Embarrassed Embarrassed ...so we cant say tht true love is just the one shown in tv/movies coz its actually not realistic...so jo real life mein true love hai tht does exist yaar Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed ...its ofcourse not to the extent tht u give ur life or give up ur job ir everythng for ur love but jaisa bhi hai Embarrassed Embarrassed ...

so its like the true love in real life is different frm tv/movies in the aspect tht ths s actually true love which hs negative side to it too...but tv/movies wala is ideal case and no1 is ideal Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

ramramramram

-dramaholic-

IF-Sizzlerz

-dramaholic-

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 3:10am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Gracella

Nice topic Mahi!Clap

Well for em the best example of someone who only thinks about someone else's happiness all the time by even killing his own wants/needs, is my fav character on television, Anurag Basu from Kzk! Aisa sacha aashique kya real life hota hai.. seriously i don't think so..no one can be so Sacrificing and Mahaan! But i guess kissi ne sach kahaan hai Pyaar qurbani hai..so yeah maybe it's possible

anyways coming back to ur points.. i think in movies/television they bring us to a virtual world..where everyone is not real at all..okay yeah some points can be true for sure.. but all the fighting for ur love, getting ur love, sacrificing for ur love etc are really just to make us, viewers dream about what could happen etc...and what we see.. we would like to get in our real lives too.. right? okay and i mean good things then..not the insults etc what Vidya gets everytime...in BMTD Confused

Last night i saw LCMD.. and i was so surprised..see that's also one thing what's really so unrealistic.. Abhisekh tells rani he already knew about her being a callgirl and he was ready to accept her..coz he really loved her...unconditionally.. all fine and set, but seriously.... where in this world will you find any guy who will accept you as simple as that??

I believe that true love exists in real life too.. but true love as they portray in movies/tv soaps.. NOT really!! At least i haven't seen such filmi couplesLOL

i hope i did make any sense Embarrassed

LOve,
Gracella

Gracella that is really true. I think the on screen love is unrealstic then the one these days.

ramramramram

Sameer_111

Groupbie

Sameer_111

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 3:44am | IP Logged
yukh Dead .. ths luv is totally out of my case. i mean they show all the time tht thy r doing romance n certainly they broke up and all the bvelive just gone for while thn 1 again. real life luv iz totally different but now-a-days grls r reciving so many activities from serials. they saw the type of romence in serials, they wnt it in real.. what iz ths!!! Confused

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Pinky-

no problem.. Big smile
whoaa u have rly got me thinking. i want to believe that true love exists but ur right, one should be able to sacrifice everything for their loved ones, no matter how important that thing is to them. but i haven't seen couples in love doing it..so u do have a point, but see, maybe its cuz people in real life never encounter situations like that because even the situations in movies/tv are unrealistic (like the one veer encountered)...so they don't get a chance to show their love that way....and instead or standing in rain all night, they find easier, more intelligent ways to make up with their gf lol
u no what i mean?

and the reason i said i wouldn't do it is bcuz i haven't been in love.. so i am not actually sure ..maybe i WOULD do it if i felt so strongly for someone..idunno..

You're right, the problems we encounter in real life are really not the made up ones on screen.  That's true.  But I have even seen couples who say "Oh I totally love you" but if the girl says she can't come to a late party because of family restrictions, the guy doesn't talk to her for like a week!  Now, is that love?  I have even seen more lame situations than that. 

I agree that the reel situations are way too exaggerated but I don't think that anyone is so willing to sacrifice their happiness truly for someone else.  For example, I was watching BMTD and Sagar actually touched his ears to say sorry to Vidya!  Does that ever happen?  Wouldn't that hurt boy's pride to do that for his girlfriend in front of all the people and more so for his wife?

I can't remember what movie or show I saw this scene, but it was something like the guy came to sit beside the sleeping girl and smiled looking at her.  Before he could get up and leave, the girl turned around and put her head on his arm.  His arm was in the most awkward position and he was bent down but he did not wake up the girl.  He kept watching her sleep all night like that.  When she woke up in the morning, the guy's arm was like killing him and it was hurting him like crazy but he was glad that the girl had a good sleep.  Now, that's realistic but would anyone do that? I think in real life, it would be him yelling on top of his lungs "Get up!!! You're killing my arm! LOL But on a serious note, I don't think that that would happen.

ramramramram

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ankuhujulover

aww so gud to c u here Mahi*hv yet to reply to ur pm..hehe*

okay now coming to the topic..well True Love...U knw ofcourse the love shown on tv/movies is so much exagerated that it cant exist in real life...Just take the example of Sumit n Kumkum...Well wht does not they do for their love...means sab kuch...itna jo we cant ever imagine...i guess no1 can exist truly like tht...for me i wuld say those are the ideal cases shown...jinmein koi galti koi khami nahin hai...

while true life we all have our negative points so its actually real Embarrassed Embarrassed ...so we cant say tht true love is just the one shown in tv/movies coz its actually not realistic...so jo real life mein true love hai tht does exist yaar Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed ...its ofcourse not to the extent tht u give ur life or give up ur job ir everythng for ur love but jaisa bhi hai Embarrassed Embarrassed ...

so its like the true love in real life is different frm tv/movies in the aspect tht ths s actually true love which hs negative side to it too...but tv/movies wala is ideal case and no1 is ideal Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Hey Anku, nice to see you too!  And I was actually thinking about your PM yesterday and I was like kahan hai, Anku? She still hasn't replied. lol Embarrassed

Alright coming back to your point, I agree that since we are not perfect as the unrealistic onscreen characters, our love would have negative points too.  But what keeps me thinking is that the kind of love I have seen is more negative than anything else.  Maybe no one can be as truly in love as to able to give up his/her life for his/her someone special, but can't they have even do small things like I mentioned in my above post? Or staying up all night taking care of him/her if he/she is sick? 

I guess what I am trying to say is that I have not yet seen a couple who's a little bit more sacrificing and 'in love' as I would like to see... And that drifts my trust on true love away and away from me.

By the way, thanks for replying! Embarrassed

ramramramram

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 21 October 2007 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sameer_111

yukh Dead .. ths luv is totally out of my case. i mean they show all the time tht thy r doing romance n certainly they broke up and all the bvelive just gone for while thn 1 again. real life luv iz totally different but now-a-days grls r reciving so many activities from serials. they saw the type of romence in serials, they wnt it in real.. what iz ths!!! Confused

LOL LOL Sameer, here I am talking about romance.  I am actually talking about the love.  Sacrifice for your love is more than just romance.  And your point about being so in love and then breaking up just like that in a serial is right and that bothers me too.  But unfortunately it happens in real life more than we want to believe as well.  I have seen couples breaking over small things like "Why was he talking to you?" and "Why did he say you look pretty?"  I mean with love some trust comes as well, right?  But that's the sad part of what we have come to call 'love.'

Post Reply New Post

Go to top