Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
Hello Doston,

Well, I don't really believe that true love exists but I have a question for you all.

Is the love on screen different from real life love?  Do you think that love on screen is really glorified?  That it is really exaggerated that a person can even die for his/her love?  Do you think it's impossible to love someone more than your own life?  Do you think it's possible to think about someone else's happiness all the time by even killing your own wants?

In the movies/tv, we see how a couple loves each other all the time.  Take the example of Raj and Simran in Dilwale Dulhaniya le jayenge.  Raj comes to India after Simran to make her family realize that he loves her a lot.  On TV, take the example of Sagar and Vidya in Banoo Main teri Dulhann.  Vidya loved Sagar so much that she never cared of how she got insulted and hurt all the time.  She just always did what was best for Sagar.

So, do you think someone can love someone just like some of our TV/Movies couples?  Or is that too unreal?  Have you seen such a filmy couple? Are you that kind of person?

Enjoy discussing,

Mahi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TV/Movies love vs. real life love" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
i think love is exaggerated on screen, at least thats what i think bcuz i haven't seen THAT sacrificing n loving couples in real life. ever. like for example the other day i was watching dmg..(what a gr8show Embarrassed )but in one of the episodes they showed armaan standing in rain all night to show ridzi how much he cares. it was such a sweet thing to do..don't we all wish someone does that for us?loll but that got me thinking..who in real life would stand in the rain ALL night to make up with their gf/bf..i don't think anyone would.
raj in ddlj.. he flew all the way down to punjab from london to meet a girl who has never expressed her love for him. how many guys would do that?
then theres veer from veer zaara, who first of all, looses his job,something he was really passionate about, to meet this girl who lives in pakistan...not sure if he will ever be able to bring her back or even meet her. then, he's ready to stay in prison all his life claimed guilty of something he hasn't done. he does it just to protect zaara n her family's izzat. he sacrifice's his job, freedom and identity for 22 years.   
again who would do that? be ready to live in jail all their life without any complaints for their love? i know i wouldn't. its sooo totally unrealistic.
soo yah love shown in movie/tv, although very sweet, is farrrrr from reality.

Edited by -Pinky- - 19 October 2007 at 8:43pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ohiokarankritzramramramramshivani003

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
btw good topic Big smile

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
Nice topic Mahi!Clap

Well for em the best example of someone who only thinks about someone else's happiness all the time by even killing his own wants/needs, is my fav character on television, Anurag Basu from Kzk! Aisa sacha aashique kya real life hota hai.. seriously i don't think so..no one can be so Sacrificing and Mahaan! But i guess kissi ne sach kahaan hai Pyaar qurbani hai..so yeah maybe it's possible

anyways coming back to ur points.. i think in movies/television they bring us to a virtual world..where everyone is not real at all..okay yeah some points can be true for sure.. but all the fighting for ur love, getting ur love, sacrificing for ur love etc are really just to make us, viewers dream about what could happen etc...and what we see.. we would like to get in our real lives too.. right? okay and i mean good things then..not the insults etc what Vidya gets everytime...in BMTD Confused

Last night i saw LCMD.. and i was so surprised..see that's also one thing what's really so unrealistic.. Abhisekh tells rani he already knew about her being a callgirl and he was ready to accept her..coz he really loved her...unconditionally.. all fine and set, but seriously.... where in this world will you find any guy who will accept you as simple as that??

I believe that true love exists in real life too.. but true love as they portray in movies/tv soaps.. NOT really!! At least i haven't seen such filmi couplesLOL

i hope i did make any sense Embarrassed

LOve,
Gracella

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ramramramram

prithvi lover

IF-Rockerz

prithvi lover

Posted: 20 October 2007 at 12:41am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Gracella

Nice topic Mahi!Clap

Well for em the best example of someone who only thinks about someone else's happiness all the time by even killing his own wants/needs, is my fav character on television, Anurag Basu from Kzk! Aisa sacha aashique kya real life hota hai.. seriously i don't think so..no one can be so Sacrificing and Mahaan! But i guess kissi ne sach kahaan hai Pyaar qurbani hai..so yeah maybe it's possible

anyways coming back to ur points.. i think in movies/television they bring us to a virtual world..where everyone is not real at all..okay yeah some points can be true for sure.. but all the fighting for ur love, getting ur love, sacrificing for ur love etc are really just to make us, viewers dream about what could happen etc...and what we see.. we would like to get in our real lives too.. right? okay and i mean good things then..not the insults etc what Vidya gets everytime...in BMTD Confused

Last night i saw LCMD.. and i was so surprised..see that's also one thing what's really so unrealistic.. Abhisekh tells rani he already knew about her being a callgirl and he was ready to accept her..coz he really loved her...unconditionally.. all fine and set, but seriously.... where in this world will you find any guy who will accept you as simple as that??

I believe that true love exists in real life too.. but true love as they portray in movies/tv soaps.. NOT really!! At least i haven't seen such filmi couplesLOL

LOve,
Gracella

haha i totally agree!LOL

OnlyHope

IF-Stunnerz

OnlyHope

Posted: 20 October 2007 at 2:29am | IP Logged
Great topic! Clap

To an extent, I'd have to agree that the love shown in movies/shows is in fact true and happens in reality since I have experienced it Smile When you truly love someone, you really do think of their happiness more than your own..in fact that's the only thing that matters to you whether you're part of that happiness or no.

As far as sacrifices are concerned, sometimes they're exaggerated in shows/movies, but in true love, there are definitely great sacrifices so that concept itself is true also.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ramramramram

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 20 October 2007 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
First of all, Pinky, thank you so much for replying!

Originally posted by -Pinky-

i think love is exaggerated on screen, at least thats what i think bcuz i haven't seen THAT sacrificing n loving couples in real life. ever. like for example the other day i was watching dmg..(what a gr8show Embarrassed )but in one of the episodes they showed armaan standing in rain all night to show ridzi how much he cares. it was such a sweet thing to do..don't we all wish someone does that for us?loll but that got me thinking..who in real life would stand in the rain ALL night to make up with their gf/bf..i don't think anyone would.
raj in ddlj.. he flew all the way down to punjab from london to meet a girl who has never expressed her love for him. how many guys would do that?
then theres veer from veer zaara, who first of all, looses his job,something he was really passionate about, to meet this girl who lives in pakistan...not sure if he will ever be able to bring her back or even meet her. then, he's ready to stay in prison all his life claimed guilty of something he hasn't done. he does it just to protect zaara n her family's izzat. he sacrifice's his job, freedom and identity for 22 years.   
again who would do that? be ready to live in jail all their life without any complaints for their love? i know i wouldn't. its sooo totally unrealistic.
soo yah love shown in movie/tv, although very sweet, is farrrrr from reality.

There we go, that's exactly my point!  No one is ever so sacrificing in real life that they wouldn't care about their job, happiness, and most of all their wants above anyone else's who they love. 

That doesn't happen or at least I haven't see a guy or a girl doing that for his/her beloved.

That's why I say true love doesn't exist.  For me, love is such a pure feeling that anyone who's in love with anyone else is ready to do anything for him/her.   For me, love is sacrifice and trust and if a person can't sacrifice the things that most matter to him for his love then how can we call it love?

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 20 October 2007 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gracella

Nice topic Mahi!Clap

Thank you, Gracy, and thanks for replying!

Totally agree here, true love is sacrifice.  For me, true love is going above and beyond yourself to give happiness to someone you love.  Love is a true and pure feeling that is so misused these days.  "I love you but I can't trust you much," "I love you but I can't do this much for you" and on and on.  Is that love? NO!

Yeah, you're right in that, Love and the characters are so glorified on screen that we barely get to see people like that in real life.  But besides the filmy expression of love, the love itself shouldn't have different meanings in virtual and real life, should it?  I mean standing for your love in rain all night is expression of love and all people may not be able to do that.  But true love is partly willingness to sacrifice your happiness and even your life for the person you love.  But if people can't do that, then is it truly true love?

Exactly!  Where would you find a guy like that?  Here, people are ready to accept each other if you look beautiful, if you money.  But who in this world would accept you with all your shortcomings and sorrows?

As I explained above for me true love is loving someone to an extent that you'd be willing to do anything for them.  Love cannot be just going out with someone and giving them a few gifts.  It's much more meaningful than that... That's why I don't believe that true love exists today just because of the way no one really believes in true love.

Yes, of course, you did and thank you for your views!

LOve,
Gracella

Post Reply New Post

Go to top