Celebrity Fan Clubs

BACHCHANS!! The Royal Family of B-wood (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 150

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 7:58am | IP Logged

Originally posted by umi82990

Originally posted by Theatre

7. Koi Bachchans Ko Rok Nahin Sakte-Fan Club! LOL LOL

nope the bachchans are not in OSO. they dont need to be in the 3rd class film Wink

LOLLOLThat's right

arre WAAH WAAH Vikram!!!Clap Sach bola aapne!!!Big smile

same here Uma..who wants to watch idiot movies???!!!LOL

wow..Big B In Vishal Bharadwaj's next!!! thats sooo exciting!!!Embarrassed

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 23 October 2007 at 8:01am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "BACHCHANS!! The Royal Family of B-wood (Page 7)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Leenasmg

IF-Sizzlerz

Leenasmg

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Heyy guys!! How are all of uuuuuu?? Big smile ..Haven't been here in agess again!! Embarrassed Ouch

Lakssssss!! Ur voldermort siggy is scary!! Embarrassed LOL LOL

Any upcoming films for Big B and Abhi??
Has anyone seen LCMD?? Any comments on the film?? Big smile ..I'm not allowed to go and see it!! LOL

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
SRK in Big B's shoes again?
Trust rumor mills to churn out unusual stuff from time to time. The latest to be heard is that Shah Rukh Khan, after the successful remake of yesteryear's 'Don' is now toying with the idea to remake the all-time classic 'Deewar' with himself playing Amitabh Bachchan's role.

The rest of the star cast would be as follows if things go accordingly: Saif Ali Khan in Shashi Kapoor's role, Kareena Kapoor in Neetu Singh's role, Priyanka Chopra in Parveen Babi's role and Boman Irani in Ifftekhar's role. Sounds interesting!

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Mira Nair gets first priority: Amitabh
The Big B is all set to get back to work with a vengeance. Foremost on his list of must-do are Mira Nair's "Shantaram" and Deepa Mehta's pseudo-historical "Exclusion". While in principle the Big B has said yes to both the international projects, there seems to be a date problem around the corner. Both Mehta and Nair, seen as fierce rivals, want to shoot their projects in winter. Script and date-wise, Nair has an edge. And the Bollywood icon says he will start shooting for Nair's film as he has already allocated her the dates.

"

<
I've already committed my dates to Mira whereas Deepa is yet to finish her script or lock in on the dates. So naturally Mira gets first priority," Amitabh told IANS.

Canada-based Mehta says her script will take some time.
"After 'Water' I'm locked away right now working on the script. It's not something I can rush through because it requires historic detailing. 'Exclusion' would be my toughest film ever," said Mehta.

As far as casting goes Mehta has already zeroed in on Terence Stamp, John Abraham and of course, the Big B, who incidentally loved both Mehta's "Water" and Nair's "The Namesake" and would ideally not like to relinquish either project.

"I don't know why Mira and I are constantly being put in confrontational situations! I loved her 'The Namesake' and she liked my 'Water'. Now if we're both casting Mr. Bachchan, it shouldn't become a tug 'o' war between us," Mehta said.

Edited by fan_of_Big_B - 23 October 2007 at 12:35pm

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Amitabh & SAAWARIYA stars reveal all on BBC

Amitabh BachchanBollywood God father Amitabh Bachchan joined 'Love Bollywood' for the only LIVE interview of the London Film Festival speaking about forthcoming films THE LAST LEAR and SHANTARAM whilst listeners called in with their questions.

SHANTARAM features Johnny Depp and is due out in 2008. When asked why he had never accepted offers for Hollywood before Amitabh replied, "Because it never came! ....We don't plan things like this - these things just happen! Mira Nair came across to me and said I want you do this role... I liked the role and thought its Mira Nair, its Johnny Depp, its Hollywood, and its Warner Brothers so I thought ok - we'll go ahead- I don't think it's a deliberate plan".

When asked why films flop or not, Amitabh explains that film success is very much about the story not the actors. "Actors just fulfill a duty I don't think that they have the power to alter the fate of the film purely because of who they are and their presence in the film".
Amitabh spoke freely about AAG too, the recent SHOLAY remake that flopped. "It's true it hasn't gone down very well. I had a good time playing the villain, I was very keen to do Gabbar's role when it was first narrated to me. I wasn't allowed to do that then and now I was and it wasn't accepted by the people you just go along with what the people want. It was interesting to play the villain and try and do all kinds of nasty things on the screen - having played and being a goodie for my entire career'.

He also said that maybe a remake of SHOLAY should never have been considered.
"Now that you look back at it the answer would be no, but when we were working at it we said why not? We got our response from the audience and that's where the chapter ends''
About his controversial role in NISHABD where he plays a man in his 60s romancing who is attracted to 18 year old girl Amitabh said, "All criticism is always fair, because they come from an audience that has paid some money, gone and seen a film and not liked what they've seen, so yes, it's their right to tell us what they didn't like and what they liked. It's for us to take up what we want to do from there... I think what went wrong with NISHABD was that people looked at it as a social and moral issue rather than a challenge for an actor or challenge for a director to make a film on a subject which could be as sensitive as NISHABD and that's what went wrong with the film. They seem to idolize their leading men and heroes and they want them doing all the right things in life. But you know we are also actors and want to be challenged with different situations. I took NISHABD on as a challenge. I do believe Ram Gopal Verma made an excellent film.

Meanwhile is there something going on with SAAWARIYA's Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor?!

Speaking exclusively to 'Love Bollywood' on BBC Asian Network the SAAWARIYA debutants alluded to something more than just a working friendship, putting all rumours about a romance with model-turned-actress Deepika Padukone well and truly to rest!

Love Bollywood's Raj & Pablo asked Ranbir what he meant when he said he definitely didn't have 'brotherly love' for Sonam. Ranbir replied "I think you should make your own minds up about that!" (Laughs out loud)

When asked who was better looking and a better actor out of Sonam and Deepika Paduke the new heroine in Shah Rukh Khan's forthcoming film OM SHANTI OM to whom he has been romantically linked he said, "Sonam [on both counts] - I don't know how Deepika acts!

Heartthrob Ranbir also asked Sonam out on a date. Sonam accepted Ranbir's dinner date on one condition: "As long as you take me to eat some meat tomorrow because I'm doing navratri and I really miss meat!"

When asked if SAAWARIYA is the best film for their debut outing? Sonam replied, "It's a Sanjay Leela Bhanasali film- it cannot get bigger than that... I don't think Mr Bhanasali can ever go wrong because he is so honest and passionate about his film making and I believe a lot in karma and destiny."

Ranbir was asked about his status as a gay icon following a scene where he has only a towel wrapped around him. Ranbir says, "First of all I'd like to clear I'm no icon of any sorts - it's just hype right now". But Sonam was not accepting Ranbir's modesty exclaiming, "He looks HOT! He's got the best body ever- he looks like a Greek God! Especially in that song!

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
"An actor should never be satisfied" - Amitabh Bachchan

There was no red carpet, a few media people and hardly any one around in the busiest place in Central London's Leicester Square where the screening of The Last Lear was about to take place as a part of the 51st London Film Festival. But it took less than a minute for the area outside Odeon cinema to be mobbed by his fans screaming for his one look. The dull and dreary afternoon suddenly turned out to be an exciting one as the one and only, Bollywood's biggest super-star Amitabh Bachchan graced the occasion. Wearing his suede black over coat with a pink shirt and a tie, he came... (in Odeon cinema)...he saw (the film)... and he conquered (the hearts of his innumerable fans). I spoke to the living legend for a brief five minutes before the curtains lifted.

What fresh new outlook has The Last Lear brought in your film career as of now?
The fact that it gave me an opportunity to work in English, an opportunity to recite Shakespeare on screen, something that we all have grown up with during our education process, the fact that this is more artistic cinema and not the commercial escapist cinema that I've been associated with since last forty years and the fact that I'm working with an extremely talented, sensitive and an aesthetic director, Rituparno Ghosh. I'm very happy with this association and happy with this product and I hope we do many more films together.

Do you see a bright future for yourself by doing English films?
I don't see or predict my future. You, the media and my audiences are the ones who make and break our future. An actor's work is to simply work and your work is to simply appreciate or criticize our work. If you think that my work is good and is worth an applause then you will yourself make my future bright.

But how satisfied are you today by attending the screening of your first English Film?
An actor should never be satisfied. The day I am satisfied, I will stop working. I think every actor should strive to work to achieve perfection rather than achieve satisfaction.

How different was it to recite your lines in English compared to your usual Hindi dialogues?
I think the medium is the same. Cinema is a universal language. But yes, it's a new experience for all of us. It has been challenging, different but exciting.

We are seeing you a lot more in the UK now-a-days. Any plans of settling down here?
No not at all. It's just that work brings me here. I was here a few months ago for the IIFA's and now for the screening of my film The Last Lear at the London Film Festival. Hopefully there will be many more occasions.

We hear that in one of the scenes from the film where you are shown drunk, you talk like a Shakespearean actor. Are you so inspired by Shakespeare?
I had to; I had to get inspired from William Shakespeare. My role demanded it. But this is the aspect of us Indians. When an Indian talks to a Britisher, his accent changes like that of a Britisher, when he talks to an American, he brings in the American twang and when he is with an Italian, he tries to speak in Italian accent. That's the quality an Indian possesses. But when he is drunk, he is back to his Bengali, Gujarati or Punjabi. That's what I brought in The Last Lear.

Did you get inspired from any veteran stage actor in Indian cinema to portray your role of Harry in The Last Lear?
No, this is purely my own instinct. I thought that maybe because Harry, that's me, has worked on the stage and Shakespeare, he would always want to be slightly over the top when he spoke to anyone. Thus, he behaves like a stage artist who speaks Shakespearean language.

With so many films you're doing, isn't it right in saying that the angry young man is getting younger day by day?
No I'm not. In fact the angry young man is getting older. I've just moved into sixty six. (laughs)

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Ab rams his Qualis

Reportedly, this car was gifted to him by his good friend Amar Singh on Abhishek's birthday

Yet another case of hit and run and this time around it is none other than the Big B. An eyewitness claims that Amitabh Bachchan rammed his Bentley into a Qualis just outside his bungalow, Jalsa some days ago. Bachchan was driving the car. He failed to notice the Qualis which was parked close by and ran into it, he asserts.

Reportedly, this car was gifted to him by his good friend Amar Singh on Abhishek's birthday.
Our witness further added that Bachchan did not step out of his car to see if the damage done to the Qualis was serious. He zoomed back into his bungalow.

When we asked him about the mishap through SMS, Bachchan was quick to respond, I am out of the country. But he said nothing about the incident. Ahem! Well, if he could promptly respond to our SMS, he could have also taken the extra effort of acknowledging or denying the incident! What say?

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 23 October 2007 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Amitabh, SRK or Anil ?

Reports say that the well known English director Danny Boyle is in town this time to cast one of Bollywood's A-list actors as the host for his latest film   Slumdog Millionaire   . Apparently the director has already approached the host of KBC Amitabh Bachchan and also KBC 3 SRK. However it is not clear whether either will do the role as neither have given the go ahead.

Not wasting any time Danny has apparently been in talks with Anil Kapoor as well to do the role.
The big question here is kaun banega host?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top